Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

I dont know if there is a thread about Game Of Thrones.If there is one close this but post a link.If not then welcome to the Game Of Thrones discussion thread.I began watching the series and I became addicted to them from the very start.

The landscape,characters plot are just incredible.So what are your opinions on the best in its kind series?What are your favourite characters and why?Share your thoughts on the very anticipated Season 3.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finished season 1 and am a few episodes into season 2. I've never read the books so all of it is completely new to me which is a good thing, though having known nothing about it before watching it I kind of expected it to be a little more mystical and shit. Which it has started to become. Otherwise I have been slightly underwhelmed but it is starting to grow on me. Favourite characters would probably be Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark and Jon Snow. Sansa bitch annoys the shit out of me.

I love it. I don't know though, there's a shit load of characters and it seems to me that they don't get enough time on screen. I suppose that's what happens though when books are transferred to TV.

I've read the first 2 books and actually realised that I prefer the TV show. The first episode of the new season was good and I'm glad it picked up literally right where Season 2 left off.

Bronn's the best.

Caught up with every episode now, looking forward to tomorrows. This season has been set up really nicely, no idea how the fight for the throne is going to pan out. I sense in the main it is going to be most of the different houses consolidating, with the possibility of a few of them colliding.

I've read the first 2 books and actually realised that I prefer the TV show. The first episode of the new season was good and I'm glad it picked up literally right where Season 2 left off.

Don't you think that it was a little slow and transitive episode?

She's quickly taken up the mantle of being the bitch I detest. The GoT feature in the most recent Empire has her describing her character as being more interesting this season though. Accidentally spoiled her near future for myself and can see why that would be, but the jury is out. She evokes Skyler and Andrea levels of hatred from me.

I like how she just shitted on on the King who could killer her, to the two people who could also kill after turning down the Hound's offer to run away. That is truly Ned level's of dumbass. Oh and that is after failing to see Littlefinger for what he is. Actually I wonder if this was designed to mirror Ned's awful game playing.

Dennis Pennis was good. GOT seems to be very good at introducing new characters, although introducing 3 worgs(?) after barely mentioning it and being all 'oh yeah so these people exist throughout the kingdom' was a bit shitty.

I've only watched the show, but I love it. I'm gonna read the books when I get the chance. I used to just hate Sansa, but this season she has gotten a bit better. Trying to explain this series to my friends is a lot of work, but it's one of the best shows on TV.

I like how she just shitted on on the King who could killer her, to the two people who could also kill after turning down the Hound's offer to run away. That is truly Ned level's of dumbass. Oh and that is after failing to see Littlefinger for what he is. Actually I wonder if this was designed to mirror Ned's awful game playing.

Dennis Pennis was good. GOT seems to be very good at introducing new characters, although introducing 3 worgs(?) after barely mentioning it and being all 'oh yeah so these people exist throughout the kingdom' was a bit shitty.

Well I suppose his dreams and conversations with Tonks from Harry Potter (can't remember her name in GoT) hint at him being a warg, but it wasn't something that was completely obvious. The way they introduced it using the guy north of the wall was a bit lame but probably necessary to show the differences in entering the minds and being able to control different animals.

So things really picked up in the last episode. Daenery's story with the slaves is pretty easy to predict and it looks like the ending was given away in the trailers. Hopefully it's not dragged out over the course of the season.

The opening and the Lannister meeting were really well done. Told you everything you need to know about certain characters with little to no dialogue. Like I said before, it's just a really good show at introducing new characters.

The Mountain's such a bad ass and he's barely in the show other than when people are telling you how much of a bad ass he is.

Good episode, ending was pretty cool and I had been looking forward to something like that happening to that character. Is a pity that some of the things revealed in the trailers are going to make certain happenings in future episodes less surprising though (i.e Daenerys and the slaves, where Melisandre goes). Hopefully the action starts to pick up soon, again after what is shown in the season trailers got to think it will be in the next few episodes considering the position certain factions will be in both in terms of strength and location.

Good episode, ending was pretty cool and I had been looking forward to something like that happening to that character. Is a pity that some of the things revealed in the trailers are going to make certain happenings in future episodes less surprising though (i.e Daenerys and the slaves, where Melisandre goes). Hopefully the action starts to pick up soon, again after what is shown in the season trailers got to think it will be in the next few episodes considering the position certain factions will be in both in terms of strength and location.

Indeed.I did not expect that "shocking" twist by now...It's a bit early for 3rd episode.

On the third episode now, already getting annoyed by a couple of characters, Joffrey and the kings wife are a pain in the ass. Dislike that ginger girl too.

On the bright side Tyrion is awesome and that blonde gal is hot as *Censored*.

As expected, the ending to the episode was quite obvious. Daenerys has been built up really well, looks more powerful by far than anybody else at the moment. Will be interesting to see what happens with House Tyrell, Littlefinger and Sansa aswell, part of me thinks Littlefinger's plan is going to be a decoy in something bigger and that maybe he wants Sansa out of the way and married into that family. Name of the episode made it obvious what would happen north of the wall, thought the fat guy might have died but I expect he will end up reunited with Jon Snow and the rest of them soon enough. A few sort of odd things aswell that I wasn't expecting, like Greyjoy getting led back to the place he was being held by matey from Misfits and the return of Beric Dondarrion.

Ending was really good. I had accidentally spoiled what was to happen with Sansa and Tyrion, but didn't expect Cersei to be wed to Loras Tyrell. Will be interesting to see how both of those situations pan out but I suspect that in the future there is going to be a plot to kill Tywin Lannister taken out by somebody. I can't see Robb Stark being alive for much longer either considering how his army has been weakened and considering so much importance is being put on Sansa.

Archived