Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

Mel doesn't usually require any sleep at all. I know that is spoken about numerous times in the book, and I'm sure Davos mentions it on the show as well. When she walks into the room she also appears to be cold, can't remember exactly what she does but she pulls her cloak tighter around herself or something, and again usually she's able to bring warmth everywhere she goes, even at the wall. Bitch is losing faith.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, did I miss something in Season 5?

When did Arya become blinded?

She was supposed to kill someone for the league of shadows or whatever those "no one" people are called (I know it isn't league of shadows...lol), but she took a face off the wall and used it to kill the pedophile instead. As punishment, she was blinded for taking the wrong life, or something like that. I figure she'll get her sight back when she figures out how to be "no one". Either that, or she will remain blind, but be able to "see" anyway...after she trains with the bo-staff girl every day.

As for the red woman:

I did actually have the same thought...that it might be her normal sleeping routine. I hope it is...because I ain't done seeing Carice Van Houten's titties yet.

The Faceless Men.

Episode;

I rather enjoyed the episode. Pretty much what I expected aside from the few obvious surprises. Happy with the resolution of The Wall, Sansa & Theon, Meereen & Dany. I guess they're resetting the mark with the Dorne storyline considering they *censored*ed it up last year. Shame that Doran bit the dust though, he is a great character and Alexander Siddig is A great actor. Still, ruthless Sand Snakes are what I want to see and what the characters deserve so I'm cool with it a long as we don't spend much time in Dorne. I expect them to war with the Lannisters sometime.

Mel being gollum in the making was an awesome step in the story. I figure as much in the book as well as there is A lot of evidence to suggest it is the case. George RR Martin always describes Mel as "ageless." Glamouring is A part of her story in the book also so I'm predicting that this reveal is happening in the books also. They did A fantastic job with making her look scary as *Censored*. Real creepy IMO. I do not think Carice Van Houten is quite done and much like Generations said I'm not done with seeing her nakeyness.

Saw people on Reddit trying to point out A plot hole. Back in an earlier season we see Melisandre bathing without the ruby necklace on. It could be A continuity error and A plot hole, but really I think her power extends farther than that. I think she was removing everything she was wearing to gaze at her true self in her base form type of deal. I think the ruby certainly helps, but I don't think it's the be-all end-all of her power. Just something I've seen people saying, thought I'd give my two cents. I think if the ruby necklace is the key to her power then she would likely be hella paranoid about people going near her.

Also, poor Gendry lmao

Theres more than one way in which she is capable of hiding her true form. The camera panned onto the table of potions, probably fair to assume that her bathing without the glamour on wasn't a continuity error.

I don't remember the bathing scene exactly but was she alone with Stannis and/or Selyse? I know at some point she refers to them as true devotees to the Lord of light and his cause, they probably didn't care about what she really is and she probably didn't care about hiding it in front of them, but for the sake of the plot the reveal was held back.

Yeah...

I haven't read the books...but I kinda just caught a vibe that showing her as an old woman was just to show that she was a witch or whatever...and that is typically what witches look like. I mean...we already knew she did blood magic and shit. But showing her as an old stereotypical witch just helps drive the point home.

Theres more than one way in which she is capable of hiding her true form. The camera panned onto the table of potions, probably fair to assume that her bathing without the glamour on wasn't a continuity error.

I don't remember the bathing scene exactly but was she alone with Stannis and/or Selyse? I know at some point she refers to them as true devotees to the Lord of light and his cause, they probably didn't care about what she really is and she probably didn't care about hiding it in front of them, but for the sake of the plot the reveal was held back.

It was a scene with Selyse. So perhaps because Selyse was such a zealot and considered a true devotee Mel didn't care all too much. Perhaps Selyse saw her as the old lady all along and thats why she was okay with that super sexy lady hanging out with her husband all the time. :lol: maybe not, but not implausible.

Being an old crone is a huge fantasy stereotype. Thats true. Its cool though. I think this was one of the things George Martin told D&D he had planned for the future and they simplified it and did it their own way for the show.

Man you show folks got it lucky. Y'all only had to wait 10 months for Jon to come back. Us bookies are still waiting 5 years later. :lol: glad the show didn't drag it out though. Some serious shit about to unfold and I'm glad Jon will be around for it. I genuinely thought Mel would have to try two or three times before it worked. Thought they would try this episode, maybe next week and then The week after that Jon will pop up, but nah they dove right into it!

Wun Wun slamming that guy against the stone wall was a hilarious nod to Ser Patrek of Kings Mountain. The Mountaintron 5000 one-shotting that guy was hilarious aswell.

Happy to see old Crows Eye make his debut at Pyke. Figured Balon was gonna die tonight, things are about to get crazy on the Iron Islands! That Drowned Priest guy, does anyone know if the show has given him A name? He appeared before in season 2. Is that Balon's other brother Aeron? I guess it's supposed to be, but I don't think they've ever acknowledged it.

Another good episode, a lot of cool stuff. Lyanna Stark appearing in the show, in flashback form is HUGE.

A miracle! He is the messiah!

Seriously tho, the second episode? I mean I'm glad it happened but it's way to early to bring him back

No it isn't, not even in the slightest.

Everykne knew it was going to happen, would you rather be surprised or just get it when it's expected too later on? It was the perfect time and it sets up and awesome tone & precedence for the season.

Besides...

You kind of need his body to be not a rotten corpse in order to bring him back. If they prolonged it until the end of the season, He would have been dead for like...months...

And ... To add onto this

You burn bodies at The Wall, pretty quick after their death because as we and the Nights Watch know ... You can turn into Wights.

Theon's coming for Ramsay, you gotta believe.

Glad Jon's back, there's going to be some serious payback coming for some people

Tommen's grown a pair, time to take out the religious nuts

Yeah I think Theon is going after Ramsay. He said that he's going "home" Winterfell was his home for 15 years. Ramsay just happens to be in his way. I don't think Theon is making it out alive though.

Had to be now imo...now he can sort out shit at the Wall, have his time to reconnect with Sansa providing she gets there (Littlefinger must be lurking somewhere), rally the wildlings behind him and attack Winterfell which I think will be another full episode of just that battle. My theory is Ramsey is going to get his hands on Rickon through info from a northern house who are maybe scared into supporting him, but Snow will eventually slaughter him with help from some houses betraying the Boltons. When the battle ends the wall will fall not long after.

Ramsay has to be the best villain in...anything ever. It's been a true pleasure to hate every single thing that he does. And contrarily, I started out thinking Theon was a total sack of shit...and now I love him after his time as Reek. You really want to see him find some peace in his life.

If Brienne came at me swinging steel like that I ain't stupid enough to stick around either, them dogs were smart

Ramsay has to be the best villain in...anything ever. It's been a true pleasure to hate every single thing that he does. And contrarily, I started out thinking Theon was a total sack of shit...and now I love him after his time as Reek. You really want to see him find some peace in his life.

He's great but his level of plot armour is bordering on being ridiculous now.

He makes Joffrey look like an amateur. And I despised him.

Moriarty in "Sherlock" says hi, by the way.

Archived