Unpopular Gaming Opinions

D'Evil

I will agree that Asylum had a better atmosphere, but in terms of everything else I'd say City's better.

I'm feeling lazy, so right now I'm just going to respond to your original post. No offense intended btw man, as opinions about video games are just that... opinions about games. But I do disagree with quite a bit of your list here.

But firstly I agree with one big one here:

I'll start with COD. I agree that COD multiplayer is shit. Yes, it really is an awful camp-fest that feels more like work than play. I hate COD multiplayer and what I hate more is the legions of fans who treat it like it is the gold standard in defining skill level in FPS games. The whole game revolves around the cheapest tactics more so than skill.

However, COD has some things going for it. The campaign modes (specifically the Black Ops part of the series) are well designed, well written, well acted and honestly can be alot of fun. Also you just can't go wrong with the zombies mode, it's too f'n fun. It's a great online party game.

I like SR3, sure the DLC sucked, but the actual game and Saints Row 2 as well are both more fun to play than GTA4. Yes I said it. That is my big unpopular gaming opinion. GTA4 felt like GTA with training wheels on, at least until The Lost and the Damned when it finally felt like you could create some actual chaos in the game. Saints Row is like GTA without all the restrictions that Rockstar imposes to try and make their ridiculous games seem more realistic.

I agree on MK all the way. Mortal Kombat requires no f'n skill. It's always been a bad system, but it does have the most BAD ASS characters in any fighting game. The blood and gore was a gimmick, the fatalities are a novelty, it's the ICONIC characters they've created that have kept the series going. I just wish they could have a decent fighting system involved!

Third Strike was a good game, but it was still kind of the redheaded stepchild of the SF series. I know a ton of people went from the II games to the 4 games. Skipping 3 entirely. Perhaps that is a shame, because III is a good game, but I can sort of see why.

SvR 2006 and 2007 were fan-f'n-tastic and mostly the reason why I am even here right now.

Don't worry dude, I'm not offended at all, for the most part I agree with you actually.

SVR did have two good games in 06 & 07, but those were two good games out of seven, so I'm still in conclusion that the series blew.

SF3 may be the least looked up in the series, but I think that has a lot to do with straying away from the SFII characters. It may be the black sheep, but damnnit I love that game for all it's worth. I still think it's better in terms of gameplay, design, and especially the music. Damn I love that OST.

And SR3... well I just didn't have any fun playing that at all... It felt like the game was more restricted and less free than 2, and was way too based around the gimmick of being "OH WE'RE SO NOT GTA, WE ARE STUPID WACKY FUN RIDICULOUS!!!" And the gameplay to me was lackluster, especially compared to SR2. I do agree that 2 was better than GTA IV.

And Mortal Kombat's designs really aren't all that great to me, I'll give 'em credit for making them work though. They reached a pretty high level of popularity and I respect that.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call Of Duty games aren't all that good. Same with Gears of War.

Saints Row 2 is better than Saints Row The Third.

Sleeping Dogs is Better than GTA IV.

IMO, Red Dead Redemption is the Best game ever made.

Even though their is not a lot to do after completing the story, LA Noire was a great game. I've completed the story 5 times and once completing it, after 4-5 months I start it again. Same with Red Dead Redemption.

^ For me, Arkham Asylum was more fun than City. It was moodier and creepier. One of the main factors were Killer Croc and Scarecrow in Asylum: fantastic levels. I loved the Scarecrow bits the most.

Also, I feel Asylum had a better suited music score.

I agree

^ For me, Arkham Asylum was more fun than City. It was moodier and creepier. One of the main factors were Killer Croc and Scarecrow in Asylum: fantastic levels. I loved the Scarecrow bits the most.

Also, I feel Asylum had a better suited music score.

I agree

I also enjoy still enjoy MvC3 even though it did disappoint quite a bit.

I've started not to mind the lack of Megaman recently and I'm cool with BBA Mugaman in SFxT

I couldn't care less that Crash and Spyro didn't get into Playstation All-Stars.

Oh and I'm going off what the internet thinks

What's the consensus on Mirror's Edge and Bayonetta because I really liked both of those.

Archived