[TUTORIAL] How to Import Textures into WWE '13 on PS3

Boondox

There are quite a few things you'll need to download for this tutorial. I don't know the rules on regarding the links, but if this is against the rules, I'll take the blame. Anyway, credit goes to kim666 over on WLF for originally sharing tutorial and the files to make it possible, and BrienJ for the texture importer to make this possible as well.

Step 1) Gather the following files/programs

a random 360 painttool file use this one: this one
or this one

brienj's awesome WWE12-13 Texture Importer - It's on 360haven at the very bottom of the page

PPF-O-Matic http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/iso_tools/ppf-o-matic.cfm

Le Fluffie http://skunkiebutt.com/?page_id=362

and a ppf file: click here or click here

Step 2) Make sure you have a secondary profile on your PS3 with an unlocked save. You could use your main profile, but every time you upload textures, it will erase everything.

Step 3) Create your textures with paint.net/photoshop or whatever and save the file as DDS file (8.8.8.8 ARGB | 32 bit unsigned, either 128 x 128 or 256 x 256).

Step 4) Start the WWE12-13 Texture Importer and open a 360 painttool file and import your textures, use max 19 slots, you need to overwrite one slot later (step 7). If you use 20 slots you have to overwrite one of your Textures.

Step 5) Start Le Fluffie and select "Open File" from the File menu, then select your painttool file. In the "Main" tab, hit "Extract Package", and choose a location (it's a good idea to create a new folder for this) ,you get a file named "SaveData.Dat" rename it to "LOGOS.DAT".

Step 6) Transfer the "LOGOS.DAT" to a usb stick/hdd (Folderstructure is \PS3\SAVEDATA\BLES01699_SAVE on a EU PS3 and \PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS31015_SAVE for US) and restore it on your PS3

Step 8) Load WWE '13, connect to CC and download one Logo and save it in one slot.

Now you can upload all Textures or use them directly in caw mode (you may have to resave them in create a logo mode).

It also works with WWE '12 paint tool files

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: Never mind downloaded the wrong file all good.

Just a question on this part Step 8) Load WWE '13, connect to CC and download one Logo and save it in one slot. Do I have to go to CC? I've managed to get the rest right just can't get the logo in.

You need to use Brienj's texture importer to get the PT file. You then need to use LeFluffie and then use PPFOmatic to jig the file. Then it's a case of putting the LOGOS.DAT file onto your USB stick, copying that to the PS3 and then starting WWE 13 and downloading a logo from CC to fix the file.

All in the tutorial above.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to figure out how to unlock my save, and got through some other steps on the list (downloading each program/file and creating my DDS files to export), but at step 4 I hit a brick wall. I can't seem to get the program to run, even after multiple attempts. I tried following the instructions provided with the ReadMe, but got completely lost figuring out what I was supposed to do here:

"If you have WWE13, take the xex file, and the other files and folders from the WWE13 folder and put in the root of your game directory. Over-write any files that are present. You should back-up any files you overwrite. This xex is based on Title Update 1, so you must include all files and folders and just remove the TU from your cache or wherever you may have it, as there is no need for it."

It's probably really simple once I know how it's done, but at this point I'm clueless as to what I should be doing.

dude dont use the read me unless you are on 360, i had to redownload the program and it works great, but i am running into an issue i wanted to let everyone know about,

if you want to use your imported pts on a caw that you plan to upload to cc,

after downloading a pt from cc go into the logo editor and open each one individually and resave or else the caw, arena, etc you make will say it needs non existent dlc to be downloaded.

Finally figured out how to get the texture importer working- it was my antivirus blocking it.

Anyway, realized there's no step #7 in the tutorial. I'm guessing this is where PPF-O-Matic comes in, but I'm not really sure what to do with it (don't want to go ahead and mess something up, and have to start all over again).

5. Start Le Fluffie and select "Open File" from the File menu, then select your painttool file. In the "Main" tab, hit "Extract Package", and choose a location (it's a good idea to create a new folder for this) ,you get a file named "SaveData.Dat" rename it to "LOGOS.DAT".

6. Run PPF-O-Matic and then select "LOGOS.DAT" in the top box (at the bottom change the files of type drop down menu to all files) and my ppf file in the one below then click "Apply".

7. Transfer the "LOGOS.DAT" to a usb stick/hdd (Folderstructure is \PS3\SAVEDATA\BLES01699_SAVE on a EU PS3 and \PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS31015_SAVE for US) and restore it on your PS3

8. Load WWE '13, connect to CC and download one Logo and save it in one slot.

9. Now you can upload all Textures or use them directly in caw mode (you may have to resave them in create a logo mode).

5. Start Le Fluffie and select "Open File" from the File menu, then select your painttool file. In the "Main" tab, hit "Extract Package", and choose a location (it's a good idea to create a new folder for this) ,you get a file named "SaveData.Dat" rename it to "LOGOS.DAT".

6. Run PPF-O-Matic and then select "LOGOS.DAT" in the top box (at the bottom change the files of type drop down menu to all files) and my ppf file in the one below then click "Apply".

7. Transfer the "LOGOS.DAT" to a usb stick/hdd (Folderstructure is \PS3\SAVEDATA\BLES01699_SAVE on a EU PS3 and \PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS31015_SAVE for US) and restore it on your PS3

9. Now you can upload all Textures or use them directly in caw mode (you may have to resave them in create a logo mode).

i have been doing it without step 6 and it works fine, is there any real reason to use that step?

i have been doing it without step 6 and it works fine, is there any real reason to use that step?

To be honest, that's how I was told to do it, and have never tried it any other way.

To be honest, that's how I was told to do it, and have never tried it any other way.

hmmm i wonder if there is a difference.

Can't figure out why, but I've followed all the steps multiple times now, but I still can't get my textures into the game. Step by step of what I've done to see if there's anywhere I could've messed up:

• Followed all the steps to unlock my save, and was able to copy it back onto my USB
  • Resaved my 5 logos from .psd files to 8.8.8.8 ARGB .dds files, all at 128x128
  • Opened up 00PaintTool.pt in the Texture Importer, imported my 5 logos, and saving as a new .pt file
  • Used Le Fluffie to take my new .pt file and extract package into a SaveData.dat file (which I then renamed LOGOS.DAT)
  • Used PPF-O-Matic to apply the .ppf file to the LOGOS.DAT
  • Transfered over my LOGOS.DAT file to my USB drive (seen here)
  • Plugged my USB into the PS3, overwriting the old file on my system with the one from my USB
  • Go on CC and download a random paint tool to a slot that didn't contain one of my logos

When I go to look at all of my logos, the only one that shows up is the one I've downloaded, with all of the other slots showing up as empty. I'm pretty sure I've done everything I'm supposed to, so it's getting a little frustrating that it never works.

Archived