FINALLY! NOAH spoiler inside.

Raddad88

tYFYOu9.jpg

Fans of Pro Wrestling NOAH have had to endure one of the most painful descents in pro wrestling history. From the heights of 2005’s Tokyo Dome sell out to the lows of an exaggerated 3,500 fans at today’s show, it is obvious that NOAH is slowly dying. Even still, there is some light for fans that have stuck with it and endured the painful loss of Go Shiozaki and Jun Akiyama. KENTA, the man who pioneered much of CM Punk’s current offense, has finally won the BIG ONE! In a 21 minute battle with current champion Takashi Morishima, KENTA was able to make the giant Japanese champion tap to his finisher GAME OVER (a modified Crippler Crossface).

With that win KENTA becomes the second junior heavyweight to win a major heavyweight championship in Japan. The first being Naomichi Marufuji in 2006, who scored an upset win over Jun Akiyama. Unlike Marufuji, KENTA’s win was somewhat expected. He had been built as a potential champion for quite some time. His numerous World Title matches were some of the closest fought in NOAH’s recent history. Unfortunately, he always came up on the short end of the stick.

Not anymore.

KENTA has become the champion of a bleeding brand. He is still a popular figure for the company and recognizable amongst all Japanese wrestling fans. If they are to grow, KENTA may be their last hope before the company closes its doors. The next twelve months may be the last for NOAH unless KENTA can steady the ship and bring them back to some semblance of what they once were.

I should be happy because the guy who was my introduction to puroresu (which I hadn't started watching I would have probably given up on wrestling due to WWE being mind-numbingly tedious) has won the GHC Title. But quite frankly I'm just disappointed, disappointed its taken this long, disappointed that the GHC Title hardly matters anymore and disappointed that there are literally no fresh matchups for him as champion. I *censored*ing love KENTA but I saw the picture of the half-empty arena where he won the championship and I just felt hes been handed a poison chalice as he was literally the only fresh champion left as pretty much everyone else left in NOAH has already won the title and failed to turn their fortunes around. I wish him the best because he deserves a chance to shine but I feel its too little, too late.

I should be happy because the guy who was my introduction to puroresu (which I hadn't started watching I would have probably given up on wrestling due to WWE being mind-numbingly tedious) has won the GHC Title. But quite frankly I'm just disappointed, disappointed its taken this long, disappointed that the GHC Title hardly matters anymore and disappointed that there are literally no fresh matchups for him as champion. I *censored*ing love KENTA but I saw the picture of the half-empty arena where he won the championship and I just felt hes been handed a poison chalice as he was literally the only fresh champion left as pretty much everyone else left in NOAH has already won the title and failed to turn their fortunes around. I wish him the best because he deserves a chance to shine but I feel its too little, too late.

Agree with you honestly, I'm still very happy for Kenta though.

I'll never understand while they didn't hand him the belt at his peak.

Archived