[TUTORIAL] How to unlock the WWE '13 save (PS3)

HopesAnchor131

I just have a few questions. I will admit, I know absolutely NOTHING about modding, but now that it's possible on PS3, I'd really like to try some stuff on my game. My main question is, what exactly is the save? I mean, what's it for?

I want to do things like import renders for the wrestler select screen, import videos for trons, import logos for paint tool, etc. How would I do these things?

Like I said, I know nothing about modding, so go easy on me here.

It's so far not been possible to import renders for the wrestler select screen, or videos for trons. I've tried the trons thing and was pulling my hair out. Closest I got was a white screen on the tron without the entrance freezing the PS3.

As far as logos for paint tools, your best bet is a google search for "Kim666 WLF".

It's so far not been possible to import renders for the wrestler select screen, or videos for trons. I've tried the trons thing and was pulling my hair out. Closest I got was a white screen on the tron without the entrance freezing the PS3.

As far as logos for paint tools, your best bet is a google search for "Kim666 WLF".

Thanks for the reply. So what exactly does the save do/allow?

Basically takes off the copy protection that they put on there. You can then open the save folder from your USB/HD on the computer and manipulate it to insert logo's onto paint tool. TBH that is the greatest exploit, followed closely by being able to make a back up of your save.

All arenas/caws are grouped into one file, which as of yet we've been unable to see how it's structured inside it to allow CAW inserting. If you were to download 50 arenas, give me the two arena files that this creates, I'd be able to put them on my save and away I go. You can't take one or two, it'd have to be the lot.

Kim and myself have both managed to resign a save, I used one of his saves on mine to test it. Again though, only the entire save, not picking bits of it.

What hasn't been mentioned in here though, is that the save can write protect itself again. Main culprit is using CAW Creator. Once you save in there (your own CAW or Downloaded), the save locks back up and there is no way of getting it off the system again. You can overwrite it again with the unlocked save from your USB/HD.

I've not played Universe. It doesn't lock after saving after a match. You can go through the process of creating an unlocked save as often as you want, but the save will be empty each time you start again. If you download a bunch of CAWs and Arenas and backup the save to USB, you can always just copy that backup back onto the PS3.

i have an issue, i did everything word for word, i boot up wwe 13 and it says the save is indeed corrupt but it will not allow me to save a game or create a superstar to fully unlock the save the option in the save menu just stays dark, or it saves like it should but does not become unlocked.

So how exactly is this backing up my main save? Is the newly created one the only thing I can use for it? I essentially have to start over?

basically it allows you to add textures and logos into paint tool that you can then upload to cc with the unlocked save and then download off cc with your main save, now we just need a tut on how to add the textures.

The primary save is fine, as long as you're not overwriting it. As long as you stick to the second profile, you're fine.

basically it allows you to add textures and logos into paint tool that you can then upload to cc with the unlocked save and then download off cc with your main save, now we just need a tut on how to add the textures.

There already is a tutorial, and it's in this forum. Just look.

Right, so I been thinking about doing this for some time now. The first thing I need to do is get my memory stick back from the music tech guy at school. Question though: would I have to do a 7-day trial for online on a seperate account and upload the textures? Or could I just do a new save on my regular account?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this but I could use some help!

So I'm on the final step to copy the file over, is it the actual WWE '13 file or does WWE '13 save over the file that you imported in?

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks.

Edit - Nevermind, Everything is working.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need PS CS6. You can use Paint.NET, GIMP or any other version of PS. I'd recommend CS2, a quick google search will probably tell you why.

Once you have the game unlocked you use the instruction in http://caws.ws/forum/topic/446310-tutorial-how-to-import-textures-into-wwe-13-on-ps3/ <- that topic to add custom logos. Upload them to CC and download them to your main save to use them on your CAWs.

• 1 year later...

Archived