What is your favorite variant of the "Awesome Bomb"?

Generations

Favorite Awesome Bomb.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite variant of the Awesome Bomb?

As you can tell by my avatar, I've been doing some reflecting lately on the life and career of Mike Awesome, who actually passed away 6 years ago next month (February 17th). More specifically, I was thinking about how I would love nothing more than to see Mike Awesome interrupt a Miz promo and drill him over the top rope and through the announce table with a crucifix-style Awesome Bomb, which brings me to this topic: Which variation of the Awesome Bomb do you consider to be the ultimate representation of the move? For me, it was always the crucifix/border-toss variant, because he always got the most distance out of it.

You can see the various forms of the move in the following video:

I actually should change where it asks what the "true" version of the move is, because the true version really is the sitout, but I always loved that he took the time and effort to use different forms of the move for different situations.

And if we're talking about avalanche moves, then I think that would win every time, simply because top-rope moves are more impactful. So it will simply be implied that the avalanche variation is included within the crucifix option...same with the top-rope sitout.

I totally forgot how awesome Mr. Mike Awesome was. It has to be the Running Crucifix for me, there was so much anticipation with that move...

Agreed...especially when it was Tanaka taking the move. It just felt right. Especilly at the end of the ONS 2005 match.

Archived