Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

Science Fiction usually deals with the consequences in the forwarding of science. It usually deals with how science would effect life if gone a certain way. It's fictional though, because we obviously haven't reached these points. They usually deal with deeper themes of morality, duty, and progress whether it be positive or negative.

Star Wars is pretty much full on fantasy. Space =/= science fiction.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's pretty much no science in Star Wars either. It's all made up terms. Nobody knows how Chewie jumps the Falcon to light speed and nobody gives a shit. Star Wars began as a different interpretation on the classic tale of how the lowly peasant goes from being ordinary to extraordinary, gets help from the wizard, saves the princess, defeats the bad guy and saves the day. Sure it got more complex later on, but when Star Wars first came into the world, that's what is was. Never intended to be science fiction.

Meh, George Lucas could never write well anyway.

He's an idea guy. I mean he came up with the whole concept which is neat. Same with Indiana Jones. It's just that sometimes he has bad ideas, but now he has nobody around to tell him that his bad ideas are f*cking stupid. He get's a little too much credit. The original trilogy was a very collaborative effort. Hell, George only directed one of them, and I don't think he even wrote the screenplay for Empire. Irvan Kirshner and Gary Kurtz deserve more credit. Hell even Harrison threw out some ideas in that made it to the film.

I feel Will Smith needs a partner in movies and TV Shows (well I only think he done one) to look good, but his partners were always the stronger character good examples are like;

Carlton (Fresh Prince of Bel Air)
Agent K (The Men In Black film series)
Martin Lawrence's character (Bad Boy movies, not sure of either of the character names)
Jeff Goldblum's (Independence Day, again I don't really know many of the characters names in that film even though I've watched it quite a few times)

I really didn't like the films he usually done on his own like I Robot & I Am Legend, so yeah I've never been a fan of Will Smith when he doesn't have a main character partner to be with.

Star Wars > Star Trek

But A Good Day to Die Hard was a good film. Nowhere near Die Hard quality, but on its own it was good. They can't keep doing the same Die Hard shit anyway, people will bitch either way.

Star Wars > Star Trek

That's not so unpopular. There's definitely more Star Wars fans because it's much more accessable. Like Star Trek has had like 5 different series with 11 films spawned from two of them. Star Wars, to most people is just 6 films, with a few cartoons that don't relate at all to the overall story.

I've only seen the 2009 Star Trek film. I enjoyed it, more than any of the prequels (cause I f*cking hate those shitty movies), but definitely not more than the original trilogy. Those three movies have a certain magic to them you can't describe.

I plan to check out the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth Star Trek films, because I've heard from Generations on it just all goes to shit. I just don't have time to watch the any of the tv series either. There's just so much content and it's all a bit overwhelming.

I've only seen the 2009 Star Trek film. I enjoyed it, more than any of the prequels (cause I f*cking hate those shitty movies), but definitely not more than the original trilogy. Those three movies have a certain magic to them you can't describe.

I plan to check out the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth Star Trek films, because I've heard from Generations on it just all goes to shit. I just don't have time to watch the any of the tv series either. There's just so much content and it's all a bit overwhelming.

Check out Star Trek: First Contact aswell, the main villians (The Borg) always had good episodes on the show and I'd regard it to be as great as Star Trek 2 & 6, I certainly enjoyed pretty much all of the Star Trek films more than the 2009 one, it just never felt like Star Trek to me.

Check out Star Trek: First Contact aswell, the main villians (The Borg) always had good episodes on the show and I'd regard it to be as great as Star Trek 2 & 6, I certainly enjoyed pretty much all of the Star Trek films more than the 2009 one, it just never felt like Star Trek to me.

Is it really that good? I watched Red Letter Media's review of it and Mike Stoklassa pretty much tore it a new asshole and said to just watch the borg story arc in TNG instead, which you can pick up on DVD I've found.

First Contact was brilliant, Mike Stoklassa is an ass, he doesn't even watch movies properly. Pretty sure he hated the newest Star Trek and all the Next Gen movies.

He liked the new Star Trek movie. Watch his review he speaks pretty positively of it. And why is he an ass for not liking the Next Gen movies? How is that a bad thing? I'm not one to always follow what critics say, but if a movie is as critically panned as the TNG films, there's probably some things wrong and its not just some huge coincidence.

First Contact was brilliant, Mike Stoklassa is an ass, he doesn't even watch movies properly. Pretty sure he hated the newest Star Trek and all the Next Gen movies.

He liked the new Star Trek movie. Watch his review he speaks pretty positively of it. And why is he an ass for not liking the Next Gen movies? How is that a bad thing? I'm not one to always follow what critics say, but if a movie is as critically panned as the TNG films, there's probably some things wrong and its not just some huge coincidence.
First Contact was not critically panned... I don't like most reviewers because they don't seem to see why some movies are good for what they are.

First Contact was not critically panned... I don't like most reviewers because they don't seem to see why some movies are good for what they are.
Stoklasa isn't even that harsh of a film critic. Most the time I find myself being a little harsher on things than him and Jay Bauman. Like I think that Captain America and Thor were both pretty lame movies, but they gave them a reccomendation.

He's just a guy who really loves Star Trek, so he probably knows what make a good Star Trek film and what doesn't. I trust the guy. I just don't wanna rism wasting my time watching a shitty movie.

EDIT: Been looking into it. Mostly good things, I'd ony read about 5ish negative reviews previously. Considering checking it out at this point, even though I'm only really interested in the original cast. I'm just hoping I don't feel inclined to watch the others cause of it if I do. I tend to be a bit of a completionist with films.

Archived