Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

Only original Trek movie I've seen is Wrath of Khan which I enjoyed. I've started watching the original series cause the new movies got me interested. Just finished the 29 episode first season. I've really enjoyed it. Some really interesting plots. Really ambitious for the time period it was produced in. There was a lot more action in original Trek than certain Anti-Abrams people give it credit for. It's just scaled down immensely because it was on tv with only an average budget. Kirk's constantly beating the shit out of people in the show.

Is it better or comparable to Star Wars? Main reason I didn't get into Star Trek was because it didn't look aesthetically appealing at all.

Dah *Censored*? Both Star Trek's looked beautiful especially the newest one.

Talking about the TV series decades ago, Not the movies.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, some people the whole look of the original series may be off putting, but that kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I don't care about special effects. I'm watching the remastered editions. You can have fun with the bad costumes and stuff. Personally, I grew up on Planet of the Apes and 60s Batman, so I feel really at home with it.

Maybe you could try Next Generation if you have a genuine interest. I've heard good things about Deep Space 9 and mixed things about Voyager. Though most fans I've talked to on other boards I'm on like either the TOS or TNG the best.

'Dances with Wolves' is easily ONE of the greatest films I've ever seen..

How is that an unpopular opinion?

Never met anyone who's liked that movie.

Well your town is outweighed. A lot of people consider it one of the GOAT.

I guess I will think of another one.....

'Dances with Wolves' is easily ONE of the greatest films I've ever seen..

How is that an unpopular opinion?

Never met anyone who's liked that movie.

Well your town is outweighed. A lot of people consider it one of the GOAT.

I guess I will think of another one.....

That one of my all time fave films! And everyone who I've spoken too who have seen it agree that it is awesome. The only thing that reallt puts people off if the length of it.

Archived