Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dark Knight Rises is much better than The Dark Knight. Ledger's portrayal of Joker is the major reason people rate it so high. Besides that, there wasn't really anything special about the movie.

So there wasn't anything special but the main villain who the story was centered around...

The Dark Knight Rises is much better than The Dark Knight. Ledger's portrayal of Joker is the major reason people rate it so high. Besides that, there wasn't really anything special about the movie.

What was so much more special about Rises?

I personally enjoyed the story much more than I did for TDK. It had much more character depth and not essentially focused on just Batman and the villain (Bane). It had much more unpredictability and thrill value as well, in my opinion, like the Talia-al-Ghul revelation torwards the end.

So there wasn't anything special but the main villain who the story was centered around...

Which is why I didn't enjoy it as much. Being centred around a single character (albeit, as well as he performed) made the plot much narrow for my liking.

I really didn't like the Talia reveal towards the end. I just don't think it was well executed. Main reason I don't like Rises as much is the writing. The dialogue between characters just seems to be set up for punchlines at time. Also I didn't like how certain things were edited, such as the climax, how Bruce just somehow magically appears in Gotham even though its previously established there's practically no way of getting in, and how the way it was edited made the sense of time feel weird. They were in that city for months, but the way the editing was done made it feel like just a week or two. Not saying it's a bad movie, but Dark Knight just felt more tight, if you know what I mean.

I really didn't like the Talia reveal towards the end. I just don't think it was well executed. Main reason I don't like Rises as much is the writing. The dialogue between characters just seems to be set up for punchlines at time. Also I didn't like how certain things were edited, such as the climax, how Bruce just somehow magically appears in Gotham even though its previously established there's practically no way of getting in, and how the way it was edited made the sense of time feel weird. They were in that city for months, but the way the editing was done made it feel like just a week or two. Not saying it's a bad movie, but Dark Knight just felt more tight, if you know what I mean.

Bruce's return to Gotham irked me quite a bit as well, but other than that, I really enjoyed the movie.

Yeah I felt like the end of Rises was rushed. Everything happened so fast. What should've been almost half a year felt like a few days.

Movie would have had terrible pacing issues if they spent too long on the end, the end was amazing imo. The ending climax was suppose to end with a big action scene to end the great trilogy.

The Hangover is a shit movie. I watched it once and can't understand why people have praised it as one of the best comedy movies of all time. It, it just sucks.

Scre4m was a good movie. Compared to the other movies, it isn't the strongest, but it's not worthy of everybody saying it's bad. It's a good launching pad for the potential fifth and sixth movies that Craven said might come depending on the reaction and popularity of the fourth.

The Hangover is a shit movie. I watched it once and can't understand why people have praised it as one of the best comedy movies of all time. It, it just sucks.

Agreed. I watched it once, and never understood how people found it so funny.

They laugh at that movie the same way they laugh at someone pissing in public. People glorify stupidity these days...haven't you noticed that?

Agreed. I watched it once, and never understood how people found it so funny.

They laugh at that movie the same way they laugh at someone pissing in public. People glorify stupidity these days...haven't you noticed that?

Oh yeah, no doubt, and it' very sad, sad indeed.

Forrest Gump is the most boring, dumbest and unrealistic movie ever.

I know we all have opinions, but I don't get how anyone could really find Forrest Gump boring unless they had a real short attention span. The movies long, but there's always stuff going on, and the characters are all very interesting and keep you enthralled. It's not an action movie or a comedy, but those aren't the only entertaining things in cinema.

Sequels are always terrible, bar godfather.

Huuu-whaaah?

Terminator 2!

Don't forget Aliens. Personally, I preferred it over Alien.

Also, I found Jaws to be a highly overrated movie. Now I know it came out decades ago, but I really don't think it's that great of a movie.

Edward Norton was a better Bruce Banner/Hulk than Mark Ruffalo.

Not unpopular AT all, I agree and most if not all agree with this.

I was unaware of this, thats good.

Wasn't trying to knock you at all my friend, I just 100% agree, but I also feel it is a tad bit unfair as Edward had a full film to show his talents as Banner, Ruffalo had minutes at best.

Actually your wrong Mark Ruffalo is the most favoured Hulk after the Avengers film.

Just saw Ewok's post and it reminded me of how over-rated Anchorman is imo.

Also just saying my thoughts here... people who thought Hangover was "shit" need to get a sense of humour and not see everything so serious.

There's a difference between a 'film' and a 'movie', and the sooner moviemakers realize that, the sooner we all get better films to watch.

Why would that even matter?

Archived