Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

The Harry Potter movie series sucked because they deviated too much. I'd rather see two parts of every year as long as it stuck to the book.

I agree. The first three were OKAY, after that the movies were a bad adaptation of the books

I'd disagree with the third one being okay. Everything after first or second were bad adaptations. I still don't understand why they had Bella and someone else attack the Burrow when it's supposed to be safe, or why they didn't show Dumbledore's back story. I don't think Voldemort's backstory was shown either, except for Slughorn?

The third film was the worst from the whole saga :lol:. Well, maybe Deathly Hallows Pt 1, but still... PoA was pretty *censored*ing bad. Which is quite shocking because I think the third book could be the best from the whole set.

I found it tied or a bit better than 5th and so on. So much changes that made no sense. Fourth was changed too, and it disgusts me.

What about the original 1932 version of Scarface? :P

Great movie.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think scarface been labeled as lame is really unpopular.

I can understand why some people dont like it tho.

I liked it but some of my friend still hate this movie , saying it's too old , too much swearing , storyline been not that good either.

Scarface is a pretty good movie if you want to watch something that's a fun ride at, say, a night in with a pizza or something. Technically, it's not an outstanding one, though.

The dialogue is eh, Montana is a little one-dimensional and the storyline is kind of basic. However, I don't think Brian DePalma took the movie THAT seriously like Coppola did with The Godfather when directing it.

Also, how stupid is a criticism like it being "too old"? So if it was more modern, it'd be better?

I dont know , all i know is some of my friends says that , some of 'em do not like old movie at all , but I love this movie to death , i prop watched it like an 100 time tbh. i like Pacino's acting in this one. the look and the little thing he does with his face when he speak. I was just referencing to what my friends were saying about this movie tho.

Nah bro, I know. I think that Pacino, to a good extent, does well in the role; especially his accent. Yeah, like the scene where he's about to get cut by the chainsaw and he tells Hector to shove his head up his ass.

He just has that look of a badass, too, which is why I always preferred him as a villain to being somebody heroic.

Yeah, Scarface doesn't even feel that old to me if I had to be honest.

yeah and btw do you know he is the one who made the line *Censored* 'em up mainstream?

People were prop saying it before ( i imagine so ) but thank to him that word became a line that we hear almost in every gansta film nowdays.

Just a little fact people prop didnt know.

Well, the movie's been very influential to gangster films that came out in later decades so I wouldn't have been surprised.

I didn't know that, though, since that's a very common line. Didn't think it'd have been used so much 'cause of one film, haha

Wolf of Wall Street might be one of the greatest movies in the past couple of years. I don't want to go overboard with my praise on this, but it is one heck of a ride.

It actually makes me happy that I watched a film that didn't bore me at all from start to end because that hasn't happened since The Dark Knight...well, no, since Avengers came out.

That might and i think it will be really unpopular but Ender's game is one of the best film of 2013 ... I really enjoyed it.

I actually watched it 4 time lol.

I love that kind of movies tho.

Eh, all subjectivity though, right? I don't often praise movies enough. Very rarely, in fact.

I watched 22 Jump Street today and didn't consider it as one of my fave movies this year or great. However, I loved WOWS from start-to-end and maybe DiCaprio's snub made me appreciate his performance even more.

Eh, all subjectivity though, right? I don't often praise movies enough. Very rarely, in fact.

I watched 22 Jump Street today and didn't consider it as one of my fave movies this year or great. However, I loved WOWS from start-to-end and maybe DiCaprio's snub made me appreciate his performance even more.

Most definitely it's subjective. I get so mad that Leo hasn't won an Oscar yet.

Neither have Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Cruise. People make such a big deal about awards, especially DiCaprio, but they're going to be legends regardless.

Wait ... 22 Jump Street is already out? I need to watch it ASAP, I loved the first one.

Neither have Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Cruise. People make such a big deal about awards, especially DiCaprio, but they're going to be legends regardless.

Wait ... 22 Jump Street is already out? I need to watch it ASAP, I loved the first one.

Nah, 22 Jump Street is being released next week, I believe. I think Royal meant 21. :lol:

For the comments of Harry Potter, the fifth movie is the shittest one. Although it's the one with the most Luna so it gets a +1 for that.

Award shows suck, tbh. It shouldn't matter whether one wins awards or not, but how their work is viewed. I'm not sure if Leo deserved to be nominated for Wolf of Wall Street, but meh. Sex was top notch though.

DiCaprio wasn't really that deserving in the Best Actor category this year, imo. He was good, but McConaughey was 10 times better and has been on a roll since 2012 or so. The dude from 12 Years a Slave would've won it if he hadn't.

For what movie, though, because McCounaghey was barely in Wolf of Wall Street which surprised me. I wouldn't take a brief cameo-like appearance from him as more deserving of a nomination than DiCaprio's acting.

It's not one of his finest performances when you put it up with his strongest but I felt, in general, he deserved an Oscar when you look back at how well he's acted on a consistent basis.

Also, I agree with Sy; all those that had been mentioned should have received awards themselves.

DiCaprio wasn't really that deserving in the Best Actor category this year, imo. He was good, but McConaughey was 10 times better and has been on a roll since 2012 or so. The dude from 12 Years a Slave would've won it if he hadn't.

For what movie, though, because McCounaghey was barely in Wolf of Wall Street which surprised me. I wouldn't take a brief cameo-like appearance from him as more deserving of a nomination than DiCaprio's acting.

It's not one of his finest performances when you put it up with his strongest but I felt, in general, he deserved an Oscar when you look back at how well he's acted on a consistent basis.

Also, I agree with Sy; all those that had been mentioned should have received awards themselves.

McCounaghey won with Dallas Buyers Club.

How could you even think McCounaghey won it for his acting in The Wolf of Wall Street lmao, he was in it like 15 minutes. He was amazing in Dallas Buyers Club though, but I wish he's try to do a non Southern accent for once.

12 years a slave is a downgraded version of Django Unchained tbh, I mean take away the violence out of Django and it's a real good slavery film, 12 years a slave is just dull for most part and the fact it ends the film by saying his date and location of death is unknown is a shit way to end a film.

Dicaprio was so good in WOWS because it was a role I wouldn't expect him to do, he likes to play the classy guy in most films bar a couple but in this film he played a dick who loves sex, loved it.

Rubber the thing with Django was that it wasn't really suppose to be a proper story about how slaves lived and such like. You really expect a black dude back then to be shooting a whole lot of white guys? His ass would be straight in jail no matter what. Django was suppose to be a much more fun movie which 12 Years a Slave was more like a biographical film.

And to be honest, DiCaprio is a really diverse actor. He's done a lot of different roles.

To be honest, Django was like a black comedy / satiric take on slavery and maybe that's why a lot of people ultimately fell in love with it. It was the meshing of styles that, on paper, would not work at all. C'mon, which other director would have the balls to spearhead a comedic movie about how black people were treated? I don't really think you can compare this to 12 Years a Slave.

I honestly thought I wouldn't like DiCaprio in WOWS so much because I'm often immersed with his laid-back and more realistic character portrayals / performances (i.e. Blood Diamond). Who do you guys prefer out of Denzel Washington & Leonardo? Purely based on who has engaged you more in their filmography or acting skill alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived