Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

I watched a bit of Sherlock, I seemed intrigued with the way his brain works in the movie. The way he takes each move with precision and care.

I had recorded Chaplin before (the movie where almost everybody lauded Downey Jr. for his portrayal) but I have yet to watch it. Maybe it's the fact that he suits classical characters more than comical ones. For me, I think he's a well-rounded actor anyway; he's brilliant at being a humorous protagonist but also in more serious roles.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spider-Man 2 was awesome no idea how people liked that god awful reboot film while ripping on Spider-Man 2. But I don't get how you called Iron Man average and TDKR but really liked Kick-Ass. Not a digg at Kick-Ass at all because I loved it but I'm not sure it was any better than either of them movies.

I think the Dark Knight Rises is very well made, and it's not a failure or anything. The clima really bothered me. I liked the very end, and about everything from the beginning to where Batman gets his back broken though.

Iron Man's plot never really grabbed me. Just not really interesting to me. It just feels like RDJ carries the whole movie. I don't even care about the Iron Man scenes, I just enjoy the scenes with Tony Stark being a smartass. Hell I've seen Iron Man like 4 times and I remember nothing about any of the action scenes.

There's a lot of things I like Kick-Ass. Obviously it's a pretty comedic movie so I enjoy that. It does the whole comedy/superhero thing better than any other movie I can think of. The action is fast paced and hard hitting. It has the advantage of the R-Rating so action can be much more gruesome, but that's not just all the appeal. It's just harder hitting than most comic book movies. I think the biggest thing though is I really connected to the characters. That scene were Hit Girl comes in to save Kick Ass and her father while her dad is being burned alive. Holy shit. I get chills everytime. It's a scene better than any moment in those other two films.

Spider-Man 2 is awesome, tbh. I loved Doc Ock and I think Tobey's acting was an improvement in the second, could tolerate his romance story with Mary Jane more than I could in the 1st and I also really liked how it ended, too. It left a lot of possibilities for the third movie but the problem was that they tried to use every plot-possibility they had right in sight for the 3rd and it sort of all fell apart halfway through.

I think SM III should have stuck to the Sandman plot. I always wanted to know about how Uncle Ben was killed more than anything else.

I dont like RDJ as Stark. I have a hard time liking RDJ in anything.

Also i forgot about First Class, best X-Men movie to date! And that excludes the solo Wolverine films.

Maybe it's his personality. Or that feeling where you can't stand/dislike an actor despite the fact a lot of people may like him/her.

Daredevil is a solid superhero movie.

Agreed. IMO, it doesn't really deserve all the flack it gets. The movie looked good, the story was nice, and the acting while a bit weird in some places, was pretty solid throughout.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but X-men The Last stand is quite possibly the worst movie ever made I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few.

Completely ignoring the worst ending and then a pointless post-credit scene, It's still really bad with no character development and characterization. The whole movie just felt rushed and sloppy and it lacked scene establishment. The two main competing storylines didn't really gel together tbf.

I think the Dark Knight Rises is very well made, and it's not a failure or anything. The clima really bothered me. I liked the very end, and about everything from the beginning to where Batman gets his back broken though.

Iron Man's plot never really grabbed me. Just not really interesting to me. It just feels like RDJ carries the whole movie. I don't even care about the Iron Man scenes, I just enjoy the scenes with Tony Stark being a smartass. Hell I've seen Iron Man like 4 times and I remember nothing about any of the action scenes.

There's a lot of things I like Kick-Ass. Obviously it's a pretty comedic movie so I enjoy that. It does the whole comedy/superhero thing better than any other movie I can think of. The action is fast paced and hard hitting. It has the advantage of the R-Rating so action can be much more gruesome, but that's not just all the appeal. It's just harder hitting than most comic book movies. I think the biggest thing though is I really connected to the characters. That scene were Hit Girl comes in to save Kick Ass and her father while her dad is being burned alive. Holy shit. I get chills everytime. It's a scene better than any moment in those other two films.

I liked the Dark Knight Rises also. I don't know why people had such a hard time following it. I thought it was paced really well actually.

I enjoy the Ironman films too. RDJ is the perfect Tony Stark. And fufu isn't here anymore to make 20 replies going on about how much he can't stand him. :lol:

Kick-Ass is great too. I gotta see the new one. What is interesting about Kick-Ass though... is that even though the theme is "what if people actually tried to become Superheroes" I think it's actually less plausible in reality than Dark Knight or Ironman. All 3 comic films, when you think about it, feature mortal human heroes without superpowers. I honestly think that in real life, some extremely rich guy like Wayne or Stark, armed with a ton of technology, could actually pull off some type of superhero gig. Not quite like Bats or Ironman, but they could pull off something. But a highscool kid and a little girl, wearing costumes and killing grown men, in melee combat no less... no chance. Still makes for an entertaining movie though.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but X-men The Last stand is quite possibly the worst movie ever made I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few.

Completely ignoring the worst ending and then a pointless post-credit scene, It's still really bad with no character development and characterization. The whole movie just felt rushed and sloppy and it lacked scene establishment. The two main competing storylines didn't really gel together tbf.

I didn't like it either. Mostly because I don't like the director, Brett Rattner. Dude did all those stupid Rush Hour movies (never liked those, that is probably unpopular movie opinions right there. I know lots of people think they are funny, but I can't stand Chris Tucker, he's annoying as hell).

Rattner has such a shitty attitude, and I swear his goal was to strip Mageneto of his powers and kill off the Professor and all that, just to prevent anyone else from picking up where he left off with the series. The one scene I thought was cool was the conflict in powers between the Phoenix and Logan. But the story leading up to that was weird, and yeah the film felt rushed. He doesn't strike me as that much of an actual X-Men fan either. Oh well, because of his ruining of characters... and the fact that nobody wanted to continue the story arc of the first 3 X-Men films... we got unique stuff like First Class (which was really good despite the inarcuracies to the comic world) and now Days of Future Past is on the horizon as well.

I didn't think Hangover 3 was that bad. Cerainly not as bad as 2

I think Hangover 2 was better than 3. Hangover 3 didn't even make sense because there was no Hangover. It just had one or two scenes that were slightly funny but the movie sucked overall.

The only funny scene I can actually remember and the one where people genuinely laughed at in the Cinema was when

Phil and Stu were talking about Tattoos and ink. Where Phil asks Stu whether he got tested for what happened in Bankok and the Ink inside him.

That or the final scene is all I can honestly remember from Hangover 3 being of any significance or laugh worthy.

Archived