Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man more than I like the actual movies. I view the first as a lot of build up with little pay off, and I thought the second one was just kind of bland. I really liked the Avengers though.

Downey Jr. makes Iron Man awesome. At least, he did in the first one. Second was just bad, and he looked like an idiot.

Evil Dead 1 = sucked. Shitty low grade b movie.

Evil Dead 2 = Awesome. Blended horror with comedy to perfection, basically ignored the first movie completely.

and really built Ash into a awesome everyman caught in a *censored*ed situation type character. He progressed into sort of a badass hero, but he still wasn't perfect. Crafted one of the coolest protagonists ever imo.

Army of Darkness = Eh *Censored* that movie. Removed a lot of the horror aspect and turned it into sort of a adventure movie with aspects of comedy & horror. Ash turns full-on hero, and while I still enjoy his character he wasn't as cool as II & at the same time his development into this hero was a bit out of character.

I like Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man more than I like the actual movies. I view the first as a lot of build up with little pay off, and I thought the second one was just kind of bland. I really liked the Avengers though.

Downey Jr. makes Iron Man awesome. At least, he did in the first one. Second was just bad, and he looked like an idiot.

How did he look like an idiot?

I've never seen the first Evil Dead, but you got to take into account when it was made, the budget, and what they had available back then. I've seen clips and I thought it looked real nice. Looked very well made to me.

The only Evil Dead movie I've seen was Army of Darkness and I really enjoyed it. Some good make-up and special effects. Simple adventure fantasy plot. I thought it was charming and fun.

Bad humor, being irresponsible, etc. If you really have to ask this, then there's no point discussing this with you.

Bad humor, being irresponsible, etc. If you really have to ask this, then there's no point discussing this with you.

Well then.

Robert Downey Jr. is an amazing Tony Stark. I can't picture anyone else pulling off that role. He was made for that role.

The amazing thing is he was never considered for the role, he begged for a audtion and they gave him once chance to pull it off.

I defy ANYONE to name who would be a better tony, looks and all..

Better? Seems impossible, only person who seems like they could do another decent job would be Colin Farrel I think.

Well then.

I swear M3J you say the dumbest shit just to get out of things. He wasn't irresponsible in Iron Man 2 he goes around flying in his Iron Man suit, yet Popper Pots freaks out him driving a F1 car, that's what i found silly. Bad Humour? I've always found him funny. Awesome Tony Stark.

Same applies for a lot of actors in big roles though. Could you imagine anyone else playing Wolverine, John McClane, Harry Potter, Gandalf, Han Solo, Don Corleone and many more?

Train old school Clint to fight, he could of been amazing as Wolverine, he looked just like him in the good the bad and the ugly. But right now. No one touches Hugh

Better? Seems impossible, only person who seems like they could do another decent job would be Colin Farrel I think.

Well then.

I swear M3J you say the dumbest shit just to get out of things. He wasn't irresponsible in Iron Man 2 he goes around flying in his Iron Man suit, yet Popper Pots freaks out him driving a F1 car, that's what i found silly. Bad Humour? I've always found him funny. Awesome Tony Stark.

Partying in Iron Man suit wasn't irresponsible? Didn't Tony and Rhodes fight because of the way Tony's been acting? FEels like Tony was dumbed up and looked worse in Iron Man 2 for humor's sake.

Too many things in IM2 that I didn't find funny, just plain stupid. I never said Downey Jr. didn't play a good Tony Stark... he's probably the only reason why I even liked the first movie.

>

Well then.

Partying in Iron Man suit wasn't irresponsible? Didn't Tony and Rhodes fight because of the way Tony's been acting? FEels like Tony was dumbed up and looked worse in Iron Man 2 for humor's sake.

Too many things in IM2 that I didn't find funny, just plain stupid. I never said Downey Jr. didn't play a good Tony Stark... he's probably the only reason why I even liked the first movie.

If he didn't do shit like that it wouldn't be Iron Man. Tony's suppose to be a loaded bachelor.

Same applies for a lot of actors in big roles though. Could you imagine anyone else playing Wolverine, John McClane, Harry Potter, Gandalf, Han Solo, Don Corleone and many more?

Not really. Same is kinda there for Batman. Christian Bale did a great job, but when I think of Batman, Michael Keaton is always the one that comes to mind.

I have always been curious though to see somebody else play Jack Sparrow. Don't get me wrong, Depp did a fairly good job, but I'd like to see somebody else try the role.

Oh, and can we please get a different kid to play kid Michael from Rob Zombie's Halloween?

>>

Well then.

If he didn't do shit like that it wouldn't be Iron Man. Tony's suppose to be a loaded bachelor.

He's not supposed to be this stupid. He wasn't that stupid in Part I.

>>

Well then.

He also wasn't facing his own mortality in the first movie. If you remember he was basically accepting the fact that the core inside of him was quickly starting to kill him so he was living it up until they gave him the blue prints to the new reactor. A perfectly reasonable answers as to why he was acting the way he acted.

"1367453014">

>>

Well then.

He also wasn't facing his own mortality in the first movie. If you remember he was basically accepting the fact that the core inside of him was quickly starting to kill him so he was living it up until they gave him the blue prints to the new reactor. A perfectly reasonable answers as to why he was acting the way he acted.

DING. One of the longest serving members still giving quality posts.

"1367453014">

>>

Well then.

Guess that makes sense. As long as there's less of that ridiculousness in the third movie... felt they tried too hard with that.

Archived