Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like Burton's Batman films. It's probably just because they were before my time, but then again I really enjoy a lot of older movies so I don't know. I've never been a fan of Burton's style.

The only Batman film I really like is The Dark Knight, and I find the other two Nolan Batman movies to be decent. I get a lot of shit for not liking Dark Knight Rises that much.

I don't like Burton's Batman films. It's probably just because they were before my time, but then again I really enjoy a lot of older movies so I don't know. I've never been a fan of Burton's style.

The only Batman film I really like is The Dark Knight, and I find the other two Nolan Batman movies to be decent. I get a lot of shit for not liking Dark Knight Rises that much.

Yes to all of this.

I can't speak on the dark knight rises part (Really kind bias there), but I agree with you on part of Tim Burton (I love his animated films) but I really don't like that Batman film. I started off loving it when I was little because it was Batman. but the more I watch the more I think it's OK at best.

• 2 weeks later...

Long? People really can't watch a movie over 2 and a half hours can they...

Please. It's not about the real time length of it, it's that he hardly can focus on one plot without a bunch of quick cuts never letting things develop. Did we REALLY need the two face thing at the end, when he could have gotten his own film. But...NOOOOO Nolan stretches it further. I've watched the LOTR, Gladiator, and Troy's extended versions, when done well, really long films work. But Nolan rarely hit the notes I wanted out of him. Unpopular as it is to say, I enjoyed the trilogy, but they are NOT the best comic book movies ever.

I like watching Daredevil from time to time, and I don't think it's nearly has bad as what people paint it out to be

The directors cut is WAY better, and is a very well put together film. I always felt that way :)

I think I would have actually prefered DKR if it was longer. Like a good 3 hours would have been nice. I felt like there were some kind of vital scenes that were cut that made the second half feel so rushed.

Agreed, if they fleshed out the second part of the movie more and showed Bane's reign in more detail and the end battle, it would of been even more epic

The Twilight films aren't bad at all, maybe with the exception of the first one. All this hate comes from people who haven't watched the series and don't like the idea of romance in a vampire films. And the "vampires don't sparkle" argument is a complete load of BS, as they sparkle twice in the entire 5 films.

The Twilight films aren't bad at all, maybe with the exception of the first one. All this hate comes from people who haven't watched the series and don't like the idea of romance in a vampire films. And the "vampires don't sparkle" argument is a complete load of BS, as they sparkle twice in the entire 5 films.

My gripe with the sparkling comes when Edward wants to reveal himself as a vampire to the humans, breaking the vampire rules and getting killed.

Twilight is set in "real life", right? It's our world, Bella is an actual person in an actual place. By that logic, no-one would expect or know vampires sparkle, they'd think of them as the way everyone thought of them before Twilight, yes?

Volturi law states:

1 ) No vampire may perform any act by which their true identity will become known to humankind. This includes but is not limited to: stepping into the sunlight in public, feeding in public, demonstrating ones speed or strength in a way which arouses suspicion.

How exactly does Edward sparkling in broad daylight make anyone go "He's a VAMPIRE!"? No-one knows vampires sparkle, so no-one would know Edward is a vampire because of his shirtles sparkliness, rendering his entire venture to out himself and get killed totally illogical.

Archived