Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

A Clockwork Orange is extremely over rated, I'm a huge fan of Kubrick's work, and I first loved the film, as I did just about every other Kubrick film. However, after reading the book, I have come to the conclusion that Kubrick's version gives off the all together wrong message. I am perfectly fine with changing and adapting a story, and although A Clockwork Orange is an all together good piece of cinematography, I believe it deviated too much from the source material, especially at the end. To all those saying "Whats wrong with an artful re adjustment?" I pose this question, how many of you walked out of The Watchmen thinking "Where the hell was the squid?"

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand Star Wars, Star Trek, or Muppets. I, personally think they're horrible.

The pokemon movies/shows, albeit now as good as before, are still good

Have you seen the 2009 Star Trek?

I haven't seen it due to not liking the older ones

Star wars episode 3 is the second best star wars movie next to the empire strikes back.

What? Episode III was f*cking horrible. Only good thing about the prequels is Ian McDirmid completely hamming it up. He's just so over the top and silly that it makes his scenes so funny to watch.

Anakin Skywalker's transition to Darth Vader in Episode Three is the best character in any movie ever.

But it wasn't even done that well. I just don't understand how any character could logically feel they're in the right even though they've slaughtered a bunch of innocent children. How does he still feel as if he's doing the right thing? The characters in the prequels are all the so stupid and don't think logically about thing. I could go on for days about how stupid they all act.

Memento is Christopher Nolan's best movie.

Agreed, my third favourite movie of all time(behind Scarface and The Godfather Part 1). I wouldn't say it's underrated 'cos people who have seen it say it's amazing, but more people need to watch it!

Also Paths of Glory is Stanley Kubrick's best film.

^^^^It's been years since I've seen it, but I thought the scenes in the Cell where they were inside the mind, were very cool.

Anyway, I feel if not for Brandon Lee's untimely death, The Crow wouldn't even be close to being as big a hit as it was...

^^^^It's been years since I've seen it, but I thought the scenes in the Cell where they were inside the mind, were very cool.

Anyway, I feel if not for Brandon Lee's untimely death, The Crow wouldn't even be close to being as big a hit as it was...

Same goes for Dark Knight/ledger, especially since Begins was better, it remembered that it is a comic book movie, not some over dramatic suspense movie.

2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequels are painfully boring and vastly overrated.

YOU....BASTARD!!!! Sequels maybe...But the original is one of my favorite films of all time, but to quote Voltaire(loosely) "I may not agree with you, but I'll die defending your right to say it!"

Agreed, my third favourite movie of all time(behind Scarface and The Godfather Part 1). I wouldn't say it's underrated 'cos people who have seen it say it's amazing, but more people need to watch it!

Agree there, it's a great film.

Rocky Balboa series is overrated, not that good.

Godfather III would be a good film or a great film as a standalone. It being the threquel to Godfather hurt it more than it helped, in my opinion.

I can't stand Star Wars, Star Trek, or Muppets. I, personally think they're horrible.

The pokemon movies/shows, albeit now as good as before, are still good

Have you seen the 2009 Star Trek?

I haven't seen it due to not liking the older ones

Should really give it a chance, I don't like the oldd ones either but Star Trek 2009 is one of the greatest.

Another one I believe is that Skyfall is one of the worst Bond films. As a massive Bond fan who owns pretty much every bit of merchandise from books to model cars to films to games etc. when people say Skyfall is the best Bond film to date, it's absolutely turns my stomach, I found it rather insulting as a Bond fan when Skyfall was first released that people were making this such bold statement, I personally believe it had nothing on films like Goldfinger, The Man With The Golden Gun or Goldeneye.

What did you not like about Skyfall? Also the only Bond movie close you named was Goldfinger.

Oh I totally forgot about Scarface... the most over-rated movie of all time by viewers imo, not critics. Yes Al Pacino was brilliant in it but the film overall isn't anywhere near the best.

Edward Norton was a better Bruce Banner/Hulk than Mark Ruffalo.

Not unpopular AT all, I agree and most if not all agree with this.

I was unaware of this, thats good.

Wasn't trying to knock you at all my friend, I just 100% agree, but I also feel it is a tad bit unfair as Edward had a full film to show his talents as Banner, Ruffalo had minutes at best.

I think no Harry Potter film has been absolutely outstanding. Fourth one was really the best. The fifth, sixth, and first seventh ones were very weak really. They've gotten so much critical acclaim and have done so well with audiences. They just don't hold up to me as well as they did when I was younger.

Archived