Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

Seeing as though my 'Unpopular Wrestling Opinions' thread has become very popular(pun intended), I've decided to make another topic that is similar. So this one is about MOVIES.

Post any unpopular opinions you have about movies and anything movie-related(actors, directors, awards, etc).

So here are a few of mine which I'm sure will infuriate some of you.

-Fight Club was OK. Just OK. I predicted the main twist a little before it happened and predicted the ending(the gun thing...that's all I'll say) way before. I may give it another chance at some point though.

-The Hangover isn't good. I don't see how it's been lauded as one of the funniest comedies of our time. Haven't bothered watch Part II.

-Quentin Tarantino is overrated. He's hit-and-miss for me. Inglorious Basterds is my favourite film of his(it's awesome) and Pulp Fiction is my second. Reservoir Dogs was pretty good and Kill Bill was bad, didn't bother watching Vol. 2(and please don't tell me that part is better 'cos they're both supposed to be good!). I haven't watched the rest, but I am looking forward to Django Unchained.

-The Godfather Part III is a good film.

-Titanic is good. I feel a lot of the haters of it are people who haven't actually seen it and won't give it a chance just 'cos it's a romance and they're too 'manly' for it. I didn't even like it as just a romance film, it's great as a disaster film.

And I'm gonna leave this quote from something I said that I put in the OP of the wrestling thread:

'I should really change the OP to say that using 'the title is UNPOPULAR opinions!' is NOT a valid argument. I understand that these are indeed unpopular opinions, but they are for a reason. Thus people are gonna jump on and disagree with a lot of them. But you guys should defend your opinion and enjoy some intellectual(which it is a lot of the time) debate instead of using a cop-out excuse.'

Post yours!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh, The Godfather III wasn't bad. It was just much weaker in comparison to Part I and II. I heard it was due to, both, Part One and Two being so realistic, about organized crime, that Francis Ford Coppola (and Mario Puzo, I think) had to tone down the violence/overall grittiness of the movie. If they had their own direction, it would have been the fitting end to an, otherwise, amazing trilogy.

Spider-Man 3 was the Film of the Year.

Jaws the Revenge is the most unjustly criticized movie of all time. I can't count the number of scathing reviews I've read on it, and yet there are so many other 'monster' movies WAY worse that this one. The number one issue people have with it: it doesn't make any sense because a shark can't take things personally. Ummmm....last I checked this is hollywood and anything can be possible. I mean it is a monster movie after all. I can understand the movie taken less seriously because of the fantasy involved, but not to the degree most people take it. The acting is fine, not stellar, but good enough to at least understand the characters. The production had a decent budget, they just dropped the ball in the editing room on a few things. The music is a HUGE upgrade from the other two sequels and it actually fits the 'spooky' mood of the film very well. I just hate it when people compare it to movies like Troll 2 where the acting and production is so bad that it's just not believable that the movie even got released.

Seeing as though my 'Unpopular Wrestling Opinions' thread has become very popular(pun intended), I've decided to make another topic that is similar. So this one is about MOVIES.

Post any unpopular opinions you have about movies and anything movie-related(actors, directors, awards, etc).

So here are a few of mine which I'm sure will infuriate some of you.

-Fight Club was OK. Just OK. I predicted the main twist a little before it happened and predicted the ending(the gun thing...that's all I'll say) way before. I may give it another chance at some point though.

-The Hangover isn't good. I don't see how it's been lauded as one of the funniest comedies of our time. Haven't bothered watch Part II.

-Quentin Tarantino is overrated. He's hit-and-miss for me. Inglorious Basterds is my favourite film of his(it's awesome) and Pulp Fiction is my second. Reservoir Dogs was pretty good and Kill Bill was bad, didn't bother watching Vol. 2(and please don't tell me that part is better 'cos they're both supposed to be good!). I haven't watched the rest, but I am looking forward to Django Unchained.

-The Godfather Part III is a good film.

-Titanic is good. I feel a lot of the haters of it are people who haven't actually seen it and won't give it a chance just 'cos it's a romance and they're too 'manly' for it. I didn't even like it as just a romance film, it's great as a disaster film.

And I'm gonna leave this quote from something I said that I put in the OP of the wrestling thread:

'I should really change the OP to say that using 'the title is UNPOPULAR opinions!' is NOT a valid argument. I understand that these are indeed unpopular opinions, but they are for a reason. Thus people are gonna jump on and disagree with a lot of them. But you guys should defend your opinion and enjoy some intellectual(which it is a lot of the time) debate instead of using a cop-out excuse.'

Post yours!

Totally agree with this, think the only time I laughed was when one of the guys got punched by Mike Tyson :hqhq:

I always thought the Dark Knight was inferior to Batman Begins, I think the only reason TDK is considered to be better is because Ledger died before it's release, it's a really over hyped film, it's not a bad film but I always think Batman Begins is better.

^ Agree that Transformers are enjoyable and Looper is over-rated. Looper could have been a lot better Calling Fight Club just ok seems about right imo. I also want to add that I thought Drive was really over-rated and Inglorious Basterds was only ok. I also really didn't like the new Spider-Man movie...

Let me just say Quinten Tarantino is the *censored*ing man. Pulp Fiction is one of greatest films ever made. Kill Bill was over the top fun. Very enjoyable. Django Unchained is Quinten's second best movie I loved it. Reservoir Dogs was good too. But it's probably like my 4th favourite Tarantino film behind Kill Bill.

I'll be adding to this thread, seen a shit load of over-rated movies.

Life of Pi was boring as *Censored*, wasn't an awfully made movie. Just really boring.

Bridesmaides is over-rated aswell, really isn't as funny as critics made out to be and definitely not funnier than Hangover.

I found Inglorious Basterds to be boring. It dragged on for too long and, when you think about it, the chick from the theater did more in the movie than Brad Pitt's character did despite marketing building Pitt as, well, a bastard to Nazis in the movie.

I saw the first Paranormal Activity and I wasn't all that impressed with it. Apparently the sequels have some similarities with the format of building the ghost/spirit/demon a lot with little payoff and that takes enthusiasm out of me to watch them.

If memory serves me right, Rocky V isn't as bad as many people say it is. That movie could have worked as a way for Rocky to pass the torch, maybe to his son or to Tommy Gunn if he didn't end up like he did, giving some closure to Rocky as a fight and taking the role of Mickey for an up-and-coming fighter. Then again, I liked Rocky Balboa (6) as a closing chapter so everything's fine.

Another one I believe is that Skyfall is one of the worst Bond films. As a massive Bond fan who owns pretty much every bit of merchandise from books to model cars to films to games etc. when people say Skyfall is the best Bond film to date, it's absolutely turns my stomach, I found it rather insulting as a Bond fan when Skyfall was first released that people were making this such bold statement, I personally believe it had nothing on films like Goldfinger, The Man With The Golden Gun or Goldeneye.

Archived