Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

I hated The Goonies when I saw it a long time ago. Something about it just bothered me, I don't remember what.

The "monster's" deformed face?

It's been a long time since I saw it so I don't remember. I may not be remembering this right, but I think there was a joke where a fat kid threw up in a movie theater and caused everyone in front of him to throw up as well, and I recall really hating that scene. There were definitely some other problems I had with the movie, but I can't put my finger on them since it's been like at least 5 years since I watched it. I know most people love the movie, but it didn't do anything for me.

Pretty sure that's not that film, they don't go to a movie theater in that film

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he's right there's a scene where the Fratellis ask Chunk to confess, but he obviously doesn't know anything so he just starts rattling off random bad shit he feels guilty about. One of them is that he puked in a movie theater on the rows below and it caused everybody else to puke too. It's one of the funniest scenes in the movie for me.

Nic Cafe is a great actor. Still is probably. I think part of the reasons he does literally anything is because he was in a shit ton of debt at one point (maybe still is, idk).

He is, he is known to drop some serious money on extravagant things (He bought an island, a T-Rex skull, which he had to return because it was stolen) but this is why he is doing 7 films this year alone. He has spent an upwards of 150 Mil.

Wasn't it because his manager also embezzled him?

I searched it, the manager had a counter suit against him as well. It was settled out of court though. And it wasn't for embezzlement, Nic sued for not helping make sure he paid taxes on time etc, and placed him in speculative and risky real estate investments, Nic sued for around 20 mil and his former manger counter sued for around 15 mil. But he spent over 150 mill. so really he can't blame his manager completely on that,also can't forget Taxes.so no knowing who got what. This is some of the stuff he bought

https://financebuzz.io/finance-nicolas-cage-buying-spree

jesus *Censored*, and he's supposed to know better. The *Censored* do you do with an island anyway?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived