Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

Kill Bill 1&2 are supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. If you don't respect that going in, you will not appreciate them. Those movies basically do with the samurai/kung fu/spaghetti western genres what Stranger Things did with the 80's genre. 90% of the fun in watching Kill Bill is in recognizing where they borrowed the direction of certain scenes from...which even includes some sci fi and horror. If you have to take them completely seriously, then sure...they're not great. Same can be said for most movies. If you watch them as intended, they're pretty fantastic. Tarantino makes movies for people that love movies. He wants you to see the homages that he puts in there.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tarantino is overrated. Kill Bill is pretty terrible, to the point I couldn't finish it and I'm not gonna bother with Vol.2.

What was wrong with it? Personally, I loved the humor, violence, and gore.

Oh yeah...that's true for sure. I like unintentionally bad movies a lot more. But the intentional ones are still pretty great...especially the ridiculous cameos they have these days. I mean...who can shake a stick at Seth Rollins in an intentionally shitty movie? Not me.

Intentionally bad monster/action movies are *censored*ing lame. Like watch an ACTUAL train wreck of a movie it's a lot funnier. Anybody can make Sharknado but it takes a real genius to make something like Miami Connection.

Nah both are good.

I love The Room. But I also love the #Sharknado franchise and other intentional trash...

Oh yeah...that's true for sure. I like unintentionally bad movies a lot more. But the intentional ones are still pretty great...especially the ridiculous cameos they have these days. I mean...who can shake a stick at Seth Rollins in an intentionally shitty movie? Not me.

He got less screentime than Kurt Angle and Jericho which kind of sucks!

I still don't get why they didn't have Angle German Suplex a shark in the second.

Melissa McCarthy is shit, pure utter shit in comedies.

100% agreed. Cannot stand her at all.

I've never seen a Hitchcock film, and it took me forever to watch the shining. And part of the reason is the way the directors treated the actors

You're missing out man. What do you mean by that last bit?

Melissa McCarthy is shit, pure utter shit in comedies.

100% agreed. Cannot stand her at all.

I've never seen a Hitchcock film, and it took me forever to watch the shining. And part of the reason is the way the directors treated the actors

You're missing out man. What do you mean by that last bit?

Kubrick and Hitchcock are notoriously rough when it comes to directing their cast.

My thoughts: WHO CARES...silly reason to avoid a film.

But to each their own..

^ My thoughts as well.

I wouldn't let stuff like that (which I think are misperceived and overblown) prevent me from watching a movie. If you look up interviews with the actors they worked with many have positive things to say about their experience including Shelley Duvall whose treatment I think is being alluded to.

• 7 months later...

I never really read the books but all the movies kind of suck after the first two. The movie were sweet little adventure movies for kids. They were imaginative, had great worldbuilding, great sets, costumes, colors, easy to follow plots, and a great score. The third movie's alright I just think it's a bit unpleasant to look at and it loses that sense of magic the first two had. From there the direction isn't as straightforward. I'd watch those movies with this girl I was dating and she'd rattle off all these important bits of information that I had no clue about since they were apparently only in the book.

For my 8th birthday, I went to go see Philosopher's Stone in the cinema - I fell asleep.

15 years later (last year),I tried watching it again with my housemates and found myself getting bored but still giving it a chance. That was until I thought we were near the end of the film when we were in fact only halfway through. I then went to bed.

And that's the story of how I gave up on watching the Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter movie series are a blemish to the books.

Oh definitely. The films miss like the whole thing the books were building up to.

To be honest that is pretty much true to any book to movie adaption. Very rarely does movie supersede the book

Doesn't make it better.

Oh definitely. The films miss like the whole thing the books were building up to.

To be honest that is pretty much true to any book to movie adaption. Very rarely does movie supersede the book

Doesn't make it better.

No your right, I still enjoy both but the books are better, simply put we would still be watching harry potter films if we could get everything from book to movie. The truth is you need a good director, who knows whats essential to plot but is also budget friendly

Yeah, and it lacks common sense or logic. Like, in the third movie Harry was practicing a spell in the Dursleys' house, but he was scared of getting in trouble from accidentally using magic on Marge. MAKES NO SENSE. And, there was no explanation as to the history behind Peter, Sirius, and the Potters, if I recall, which is vital for Harry to believe Sirius and learn more about what happened. OR, NO NEED TO BURN DOWN WEASLEYS' HOUSE!!

As you can probably deduce, I can go on a long rant about this, but I shain't.

Ey ey ey lad, don't you talk shit about The Philosopher's Stone!

That is the only movie worth praising and defending. Chambers of Secret too, to a degree.

Archived