Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Ghostbuster movie:

I would be cool with it if it wasn't for two things: A.) Melissa McCarthy is *censored*ing awful and B.) It's a reboot, not a continuitation. Which, to me, is just crappy. The original Ghostbusters are just Peter, Ray, Winston and Egon. I don't want a movie where none of this ever happened. It's just unnecessary. Had they made it so it's after the orginal ones retired/died or in a different city, I'd be okay with it. But this just all awfully done.

Is it even confirmed to be a reboot? I thought it was being pushed as the "third" film all along...

Also, the characters are written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis (RIP).

I mean, I guess it's obvious who everybody is supposed to be. I thought that was just coincidence.

I don't like any of the superhero franchises. I guess Guardians Of The Galaxy is gonna become one, so I'll probably like that one, but yeah. X-Men, Avengers, Iron Man, Spiderman and whatever are all incredibly lame and uninteresting IMO.

Jake Gyllenhaal is the best modern, full-time actor around.

For the longest time I always thought Jake was some pretty boy fad actor of the month like Tatum is right now. But Gyllenhaal is an amazing actor now I've given him a chance. He was phenomenal in 'Prisoners'. What a performance.

I have NO desire to see Batman vs Superman.

I'm with you. I could really care less about DC movies any more. They all look the same in both cinematography and tone. The super somber, serious, and realistic thing was okay at first with Batman, but now it's kinda cliched and seems pretentious to me. Even with Batman I came to dislike it. Throw in the fact that I've never been a big DC fan outside of Batman and the Vertigo stuff and my care meter is permanently low for the most part. I do find the animated stuff manages to usually get some excitement out of me, but anything live action just doesn't do it.

I don't like any of the superhero franchises. I guess Guardians Of The Galaxy is gonna become one, so I'll probably like that one, but yeah. X-Men, Avengers, Iron Man, Spiderman and whatever are all incredibly lame and uninteresting IMO.

Jake Gyllenhaal is the best modern, full-time actor around.

For the longest time I always thought Jake was some pretty boy fad actor of the month like Tatum is right now. But Gyllenhaal is an amazing actor now I've given him a chance. He was phenomenal in 'Prisoners'. What a performance.

Tatum isn't all that bad. Check out Foxcatcher if you haven't seen it. Really good movie.

Archived