Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I prefer Star Trek. Couldn't get into the Star Wars trilogy, but I enjoyed watching Into Darkness, although it wasn't particularly great. But then again, I can't see myself getting into the original Star Trek movies as well. Perhaps The Force Awakens will make for a fair comparison.

Star Trek is one of those franchise that are too old for me to get into. Well...not really too old. It's just that there is far too much content. I don't know where I am suppossed to start and I know it would take me years to get to a certain level of coverage of the franchise.

You're judging Star Trek just off the films, lmao? Try watching The Original Series and The Next Generation. I really love both and they both were an integral part of my childhood.

Based off few things, man.

In my opinion, Star Trek is overrated and not even miles close to being as good as Star Wars.

Though, Star Trek is the only other film franchise I know apart from Star Wars. Though individually, I'm sure even the best Star Wars movie isn't the best sci fi. Bladerunner was good.

Damn, that was cooperative. C'mon buddy, up top. But I think the Star Treck movies are generally kinda shit? I thought Star Trek is about the series tbh. But I have never seen either, ever, so I really can't judge myself. :lol:

The series just doesn't look that well done either. I saw the SW movie trailers, and I loved it. ST trailers were just dull. Though, I'm basing my opinions of ST off few episodes I've seen.

I've seen the new movies and don't get the hype either, they were decent though, but not worth watching over and over.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've seen of JLaw and her movies, she's tolerable in The Hunger Games and annoying as hell in most other movies where she plays the weird/quirky/effed up girl.

Pretty much. Not her biggest fan, but I thought she did alright in Hunger Games. I really liked her in Silver Linings and X-Men though.

From what I've seen of JLaw and her movies, she's tolerable in The Hunger Games and annoying as hell in most other movies where she plays the weird/quirky/effed up girl.

Pretty much. Not her biggest fan, but I thought she did alright in Hunger Games. I really liked her in Silver Linings and X-Men though.

I don't remember her in X-Men, but I found her to be okay in Silver Linings and increasingly annoying when she took on similar roles. But then, I'm more likely to get annoyed with actors or actresses who tend to do similar roles (I find her roles in American Hustle and Silver Linings to be pretty similar). I prefer The Hunger Games because her character is different.

I don't remember her in X-Men

She played Mystique. So...she was very blue, and naked.

I do not understand why Interstellar got so much praise. It is a good movie though, and I like the sciency stuff.

Holy shit though, one annoying thing about Nolan movies is how long they are or at least, how dragged out they feel.

I didn't think Interstellar was dragged out tbh. Most scenes felt good and entertaining.

I know it's a popular movie, so I don't know if this is actually unpopular but I imagine it is because of Godfather, at the very least, but Goodfellas is the best gangster film.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived