Top 5 current American Indy workers

Raddad88

Just curious who's on your list and where they sit. Feel like I've fallen a little behind on some of the up and comers and figured if they made it on your list I should know who they are (if I don't)

NOTE: They can be foreigners, as long as the spent a majority of the year here in the states.

So what's your 5!?

1. Elgin

2. Roderick Strong

3. RockNes Monster

4. Steen

5. Willie Mack

1. Kevin Steen

--- Seriously, I can't get enough of this guy. Is there anything he can't do? He can be a violent, psychopathic wrestler, and he can be sidesplittingly funny. Most guys go to shit when they get bigger (weight wise, not popularity wise) But Steen is the opposite.

2. Sami Callihan

--- Sami is one of those guys who you either love or you hate. I'm the former. He has a really unique personality and style. There are a lot of people who can't stand him, but WWE has interest in him, so he's clearly doing something right.

3. Masada

--- Masada's very under-rated IMO. He's mostly a deathmatch guy, which really hurts him the most in my eyes. Personally, I'd say he's one of the best all around wrestlers on CZW's roster. (Which isn't saying much, but Masada trained at the Texas Wrestling Academy, which produced more stars than anybody even cares to count)

4. Jimmy Jacobs

--- I couldn't make this list without Jimmy. He's not particularly a guy I go out of my way to watch, but he's consistently good. Like Steen, he can play multiple characters to perfection. He can play the emo bitch, and the cult leader type (AOTF). He's a really unique guy, and it's a shame that he'll likely never get a chance to showcase his talent on a national stage.

5. Oi4K/Irish Airborne

--- This is a hard spot to pick, there are so many people I could put here, but I'm choosing Jake and Dave Crist. They, in my eyes, are quite possibly the most under-rated tag team, and singles competitors on the indy circuit today. They've been around for years, and it`s only within the last year or two that they've gotten attention. They went with CZW to Germany for the wXw/CZW TOD show, and I believe that's the first time they've wrestled internationally, which is surprising.

There are so many names I could have put in this list. Samuray Del Sol, Chuck Taylor, Ricochet, 90% of PWG's regular roster, etc. but these are my top 5.

1. Kevin Steen

--- Seriously, I can't get enough of this guy. Is there anything he can't do? He can be a violent, psychopathic wrestler, and he can be sidesplittingly funny. Most guys go to shit when they get bigger (weight wise, not popularity wise) But Steen is the opposite.

2. Sami Callihan

--- Sami is one of those guys who you either love or you hate. I'm the former. He has a really unique personality and style. There are a lot of people who can't stand him, but WWE has interest in him, so he's clearly doing something right.

3. Masada

--- Masada's very under-rated IMO. He's mostly a deathmatch guy, which really hurts him the most in my eyes. Personally, I'd say he's one of the best all around wrestlers on CZW's roster. (Which isn't saying much, but Masada trained at the Texas Wrestling Academy, which produced more stars than anybody even cares to count)

4. Jimmy Jacobs

--- I couldn't make this list without Jimmy. He's not particularly a guy I go out of my way to watch, but he's consistently good. Like Steen, he can play multiple characters to perfection. He can play the emo bitch, and the cult leader type (AOTF). He's a really unique guy, and it's a shame that he'll likely never get a chance to showcase his talent on a national stage.

5. Oi4K/Irish Airborne

--- This is a hard spot to pick, there are so many people I could put here, but I'm choosing Jake and Dave Crist. They, in my eyes, are quite possibly the most under-rated tag team, and singles competitors on the indy circuit today. They've been around for years, and it`s only within the last year or two that they've gotten attention. They went with CZW to Germany for the wXw/CZW TOD show, and I believe that's the first time they've wrestled internationally, which is surprising.

There are so many names I could have put in this list. Samuray Del Sol, Chuck Taylor, Ricochet, 90% of PWG's regular roster, etc. but these are my top 5.

Nice to see someone recognize the Airborne.

My list in no particular order.

1. Jake Crist

2. Matt Cage (the blonde haired, Black guy)

3. Ricochet

....I don't have a 4 or 5 right off the top of my head. These are the 3 guys that, if I see them on a card, I WANT to go.

Do people not realize El Generico is a WWE Superstar now? Same with Samoa Joe being a TNA Star?

I think that being he is finishing up indys and has yet to really be in wwe YET,most consider generico still a indy until he finishes his dates and goes to developmental or the big show. I agree with the joe thing though

So my list goes like this

1.El Generico

2.Davey Richards

3.Riccochet

4.Eddie Edwards

5.Adam Cole

Do people not realize El Generico is a WWE Superstar now? Same with Samoa Joe being a TNA Star?

Like I said, as long as they spent the majority of the last year in the American Indies he can go on the list. Not sure why scorpion listed Joe, but Generico is still an indy star.

Signing to WWE doesn't make him a WWE superstar, he hasn't even had a match yet.

Is Colt Cabbana a WWE superstar? Was he ever?

In order to be a WWE superstar (in my eyes) your actions in WWE must be what your known for. If people still relate you to something else (Kassius OHNO/Hero and his indy begginging) I don't consider you a WWE superstar. I consider you a Indy wrestler on the verge of becoming a WWE Superstar.

Generico hasn't even had a match yet, no clue why your calling him a WWE superstar. The WWE "Universe" don't have a clue who he is, and not a single one of his fans know him from anything but the indys. Calling him a WWE superstar makes no sense.

Honorable mentions: Super Smash Bros, Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong, Kyle O'Reilly, Eddie Edwards, Willie Mack, Young Bucks, Brian Cage

5. TJ Perkins

- Not sure why this guy hasnt been picked up by WWE or TNA full time yet. The guy is just so smooth in the ring, he has everything in his moveset down perfectly, and still has plenty of time left in his career. The only reasons I can think of is he's not the best on the mic or his not-so-popular opinions on the wrestling biz.

4. Adam Cole

- Honestly hadn't really started noticing this guy until the start of 2012, but he has impressed me a lot in this year gone. Dude can go in the ring and on the stick. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets snatched up by the WWE within the year.

3. Ricochet

- I'm a sucker for a good high-flyer, and ricochet is possibly the best in the world atm (next to PAC & Evans). Ricochet has improved immensely over the past 2 years and I can only imagine what he could achieve if he improved on his mic skills.

2. El Generico

- Is there anyone this guy can't have a good/great match with? He is/was one of the most consistent wrestlers on the indies and I'm stoked to hear that WWE has signed him to a developmental deal. Dude also sells/bumps like a champ.

1. Kevin Steen

- What cant this guy do? He consistently puts on great matches, cuts great promos, connect with nearly every audience he is put in front of, can work a great feud, takes sick bumps when necessary.. Aside from 'the look' Steen has it all.

Im calling him a WWE Superstar because he signed a legal contract saying that he is a WWE superstar. His pay comes from the WWE and the WWE universe might not know who he is yet but Vince McMahon and Triple H most certainly do.

While I understand where your comming from and don't fully agree with the other side of this agruement being presented. El Generico has yet to report to developmental and start yet. Hes kinda like how PAC was late last year. He signed with WWE but he had to finish his indy dates and didn't start at developmental for a few months after the news broke. Once he starts at developmental I will totally agree that he is no longer a indy guy but saying it right now at the tail end of his indy career,I think thats justifyable

Archived