Could've sworn they said this...

TheNetworkZ

If I remember correctly, shortly before WWE 12 came out Cory got a question about being able to go backstage and although he said no he said that next years release (WWE 13) will have it for sure. I'm pretty sure the interview is somewhere on youtube. Am I imagining this or did he actually say that? Cause if he did it's pretty bad that they didn't include it. The only way you can go backstage this year is in Attitude Era Mode which isn't very satisfying.

The OP answered his own question. You can go backstage but sadly only in attitude mode. we were hoping for the freedom we had in the hardcore matches of here comes the pain but we got the shaft from thq again

The OP answered his own question. You can go backstage but sadly only in attitude mode. we were hoping for the freedom we had in the hardcore matches of here comes the pain but we got the shaft from thq again

No I didn't actually. Thought it was pretty straight forward I meant exhibition.

Its still weight detection, just not to the extreme of like SvR2007 where RVD had to be a heavyweight so he can body slam Orton, yet couldn't do his top rope climb due to being too heavy.

By definition we have had weight detection since SD 1 then. We could edit the move sets to non lifiting moves for smaller guys, cuz that is all what it does in 13. It's not weight detection. It's a filter! A very lazy work around they tried to pass off as an actual feature.

Its still weight detection, just not to the extreme of like SvR2007 where RVD had to be a heavyweight so he can body slam Orton, yet couldn't do his top rope climb due to being too heavy.

By definition we have had weight detection since SD 1 then. We could edit the move sets to non lifiting moves for smaller guys, cuz that is all what it does in 13. It's not weight detection. It's a filter! A very lazy work around they tried to pass off as an actual feature.

In fact, to put it more blunty all it really does is signifcantly lessen the amount of moves you can do in a match against a bigger guy. It usually always just goes back to that single weight detection move. Not sure if it's the case with non-lifting moves incorporated in to the moveset as well. We should be using the moves that we want to without having to resort to having less choice.

They also said weight detection was in last year (lie) and this year (double lie).

Weight detection is in this year. You just have to turn it on or off.

That's not true weight detection, that's a filter for movesets.

In any case, they were very up front with how weight detection works this year, so you can't really call it a lie. As for last year, that was a mistake that was quickly corrected so that doesn't really count as a lie either.

People on this site accuse WWE Games of lying all the time, but no one can really point to a specific example of them intentionally misinforming us.

I'm not sure, but I think going from the ring to the backstage area is over. I can't imagine them accomplishing this without having a loading screen in the middle of the match. Hell, even back in the day that's how they did it. Nowadays, loading screens in the middle of a match isn't considered acceptable.

It does not matter how quickly the corrected the mistake, by definition it still constitutes as a lie. Whether it is intentional or not, the lie still stands.

I don't even know what to say to that. All I can do is roll my eyes and sigh.

And they never ever disclosed how weight detection worked this year they just said it's in, so you are wrong there.

They most certainly did explain how weight detection worked. The problem with weight detection and the reason why it was removed was it gave Super Heavyweights an unfair advantage when going against light heavyweights. So when it was announced that weight detection was returning this year, they specifically assured people that moves would be replaced rather than moves simply failing to work.

Archived