New section Idea

Twiztid Kratos

Is it not possible to trial the board for say a month or two and look at the activity in the board, to see if it is indeed worth keeping discussion about Women's wrestling separate?

Sort of like a try before you buy?

This. Shouldn't there atleast be a trial period for a WoW section. A month is good because if it's active the first week and inactive the next three, then there shouldn't be a WoW section at all as suggested.

But if throughout that trial month it's active, then there's a reason for there to be a WoW section

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was there for years before, so that was the trail period.

Exactly, and it was more active(or equally as active) then certain other sections. Like for example the TNA Wrestling section(this is in by no means a bust on that section), but it was either active, just as much, maybe a little more then the WoW section, but no one was talking about removing the TNA Wrestling section.

I know, it's kind of an apples to oranges example, since one covers an entire wrestling product & the other from women of all product, but I believe it still a viable example of how unfair the decision to remove the WoW section really was, when it was finally decided upon to have it removed.

If the TNA section isn't very active, why would you want to make it even worse by taking discussion about Knockouts away from it?

I wasn't, it was just an example of how unfairly the WoW section was judged against other sections of the forum, that were just as active or barely more active than the WoW section was, at the time.

If the TNA section isn't very active, why would you want to make it even worse by taking discussion about Knockouts away from it?

I understand that TNA is an integral company in the wrestling world right now, but there is only one women's wrestling topic within that thread right now. Plus if that thread is inactive, then why should there be a precedent that it should be kept and what is the harm in trialing or sub-sectioning an area which has the potential to be even more popular?

If I were to make a topic about for example the divas in the WWE Section most of the response would be.

lol nobody cares about the divas, lol she's hot, shes not hot, lol divas suck, lol close this topic, lol I think they should all be released.

I know this How? because when the WOW section was first closed we tried and that's what we got which is why we don't make topics anymore I'm not here for close minded opinions. We don't go into every other thread saying lol guys suck at wrestling.

If I were to make a topic about for example the divas in the WWE Section most of the response would be.

lol nobody cares about the divas, lol she's hot, shes not hot, lol divas suck, lol close this topic, lol I think they should all be released.

I know this How? because when the WOW section was first closed we tried and that's what we got which is why we don't make topics anymore I'm not here for close minded opinions. We don't go into every other thread saying lol guys suck at wrestling.

Exactly, it's examples like this that has made many members weary of posting divas topic, because they know the responses they'll get. So that in my opinion, is what was caused in a drop is divas related topics, outside of the 'Diva Discussion Thread'.

Again, I've made mention of it, how the WoW section was just as active(or maybe a little less), as some other sections of the forum & is a big reason why I always felt that it's removal was a little harsh & unfair. Personally I believe more members would be willing to step up & create this diva related topics, without being shoved into the corner, so to speak, by only posting in the Discussion Thread, like what is currently being done.

It could definitely create a lot more discussion than what's being create in the Discussion Thread, because honestly, most people only jump to the last page & pick up on what is being discussed there, but with the reintroduction of the section, we could see many more topics being brought up, that will not be over looked, due to the discussion being only designated for one topic, like it's currently being done.

Was there pointless topics, such as photo shoot topics, yes.....but it's greatly exaggerated that, the WoW section, was only the posting of photo shoot related topics. I mean for every one of those type of topics, you had five or six different topics that were discussing a number of different things. And that's a big reason why I, along with many other members, would be more than just in favor of it returning, even if it's just on trial basis, I mean we gotta start somewhere right? And hopefully after a decent trial run, the staff here would be able to judge for themselves how active that forum is & decide based on the numbers, whether or the not the WoW section should return on a more permanent basis.

I find it funny because people want womens wrestling to be viewed on par with mens wrestling yet they want a diffrent section. I don't see the need for a whole section dedicated to womens wrestlng. Why not just use that nifty tagging feature? Make a womens wrestling specific tag so that when you click it you get all topics related to womens wrestling.

Then report the posts, and the member(s) will be dealt with.

But that never had its own section, did it? Besides, it was just another one of CHZR's lame ideas, so no wonder it bombed...

@soap: maybe because the section is always flooded with Cena/Rock/Punk/Brock/HHH topics to give space to a relatively much less important talk?

Can't say about TNA since that is dead as a whole...

But that never had its own section, did it? Besides, it was just another one of CHZR's lame ideas, so no wonder it bombed...

@soap: maybe because the section is always flooded with Cena/Rock/Punk/Brock/HHH topics to give space to a relatively much less important talk?

Considering the thread version of it got 10 pages in 2 days, I'd say it was quite successful, and not a "lame idea". It just died after two months. Get a thread that popular & then you can talk.

Same thing happened with the Kayfabe section....

I just do not see how you can not simply post in the WWE TNA and indy sections sorry.

There would be no problem posting in the WWE section but you just look at the current Paige topic to see how a Divas topic goes down there. There's barely any traffic in the Indy section and TNA isn't much better.

Considering the thread version of it got 10 pages in 2 days, I'd say it was quite successful, and not a "lame idea". It just died after two months. Get a thread that popular & then you can talk.

My CAWs Hall of Fame topic reached 13 pages in 2 days. Know your own shit first. Besides, I thought you left...?

My CAWs Hall of Fame topic reached 13 pages in 2 days. Know your own shit first. Besides, I thought you left...?

And 50% of that was off topic arguing. I do lniw my shit, thank you very much. As for me leaving, I was only on a short hiatus due to personal reasons. I'm back now for a while, I'll be offline again after this post.

On topic: A WoW section would be a good idea. If people want it that bad, then have some of them mod it, sort of like a "If you want a dog, you have to look after it." thing.

And 50% of that was off topic arguing. I do lniw my shit, thank you very much. As for me leaving, I was only on a short hiatus due to personal reasons. I'm back now for a while, I'll be offline again after this post.

At least the idea wasn't slammed by nearly every staff member and called gay by most, and I had to "create it anyways" because only a handful of people were in favour of it. :rolleyes:

I'm not here to be the police why should i have to report it if the mods should be modding the section? <3

I'm not here to be the police why should i have to report it if the mods should be modding the section? <3

Well, we aren't particularly omniscient or anything. We can't see everything. I haven't seen any of that myself for for a while now, and I don't think the other mods have either.

You aren't here to be police, yes, but do citizens in a country report crimes in progress, no? Like RVD 2:40 said, report it and it will get taken care of :cool:

Archived