NFL/NCAA Thread

RVF

Who cares what's his sexuality is. The locker room should be worrying about is he good enough to make them better.

He made it about his sexuality. No one asked him, no one prodded, and GMs/Coaches aren't allowed to inquire. Dude literally did this to himself and made it about his sexuality doing it right before the draft.

That being said, his stock should rise. Who doesn't want to have the first openly gay NFL player on their team for PR? Its an immediately pile of money and views for your branding when this guy starts hitting commercials and speaking at events. If he succeeds its that much better for you as a GM and as a team

At the same time no matter how mediocre to bad he performs you aren't going to be able to get rid of him without people crying it's because of his sexuality.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares what's his sexuality is. The locker room should be worrying about is he good enough to make them better.

He made it about his sexuality. No one asked him, no one prodded, and GMs/Coaches aren't allowed to inquire. Dude literally did this to himself and made it about his sexuality doing it right before the draft.

That being said, his stock should rise. Who doesn't want to have the first openly gay NFL player on their team for PR? Its an immediately pile of money and views for your branding when this guy starts hitting commercials and speaking at events. If he succeeds its that much better for you as a GM and as a team

At the same time no matter how mediocre to bad he performs you aren't going to be able to get rid of him without people crying it's because of his sexuality.

Oh definitely. Ethics through the roof there. Guy under performs and you bench him or release him? You're now a super villain in the world.

Also, I know Nick Kasa was asked, but there is a rule in place that they aren't allowed to do so. Obviously we all know rules don't matter to a lot of people so I'm not surprised it happened. But I'm sure Michael Sam could have got away with it until after the draft. I think he may have knew what it would do for him PR wise, especially on the wake of the olympics junk going on where everyone has a hate boner for Russia being anti gay.

The Saints are cleaning house it looks like. Released Jabari Greer, Roman Harper, Jonathan Vilma and Will Smith, all key veteran players.

Raiders have the toughest SOS (strength of schedule) again? Damn, they can't catch a break, Indy has the weakest.

Though the SOS means nothing to me as teams build with FA and draft and you never know what will happen with them during the season.

The Saints are cleaning house it looks like. Released Jabari Greer, Roman Harper, Jonathan Vilma and Will Smith, all key veteran players.

Raiders have the toughest SOS (strength of schedule) again? Damn, they can't catch a break, Indy has the weakest.

Though the SOS means nothing to me as teams build with FA and draft and you never know what will happen with them during the season.

I always feel like is a slap in the face to teams like that. "Alright The Raiders aren't doing too great and didn't make the playoffs again. Give them the toughest schedule in the league, see if that helps them". Its like the coach telling that one nonathletic kid that he can't dunk because he's not believing hard enough

Strength of schedule is pointless to base anything off of though tbh. It only gives you a small glimpse of how it'll be.

Teams change from year to year. Like KC going 11-5 after being 2-14 and the Texans from a top team to 2-14.

Strength of schedule is pointless to base anything off of though tbh. It only gives you a small glimpse of how it'll be.

Teams change from year to year. Like KC going 11-5 after being 2-14 and the Texans from a top team to 2-14.

was about to post that myself. Still does suck for Oakland though

As for the Saints it looks pretty bad, They are cutting all of those players for Jimmy Graham right?

There's no way that Denver could let Decker walk, NE let Edelman walk, etc. I think they're too valuable to their teams and they seem like priority signings.

I want a guy like Maclin, Tate or Edelman on Indy. Great slot WRs and doesn't hurt to add depth at receiver. Though I am fine with the current WR core they have now.

2hy8848.png

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/2/11/5402384/michael-johnson-will-definitely-hit-the-market-as-a-free-agent

*Censored* hell. Looks like they have to draft a DE to try to replace him. But they need a FS, CB, & SS too. I'm going to see who all's available around the league. * Biting my nails *.

he wot m8

I don't understand...Cinci needs to make their players happy and get it together...We're in no place to draft a top DE and we need secondary more....*Censored* THIS FRANCHISE

Archived