WWE On-Screen power couples.

Mr. Carlton

The Triple H/Stephanie era was a really great time to be a wrestling fan.

Not around December 1999 to March 2000 it wasen't. It bored the shit out of me how they just got the upper hand on everything and never got their comeuppance until all the Mcmahons came back in April.

Whoever was booking that time it was completely the wrong decision not to put the Rock over at Wrestlemania!

Triple H had to have his way back then didnt he and be the first heel to win in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Agreed 100% WWF really turned stale during this time. The Stephanie McMahon character remains to this day a personal worst for me. A whole lot of sh*tty things happened during this 'era' and I found myself enjoying WCW more. WWF picked up again probably when Hogan signed for me.

I did enjoy WCW more around this time they did a nice little angle and brought back Jimmy Snuka, Tito Santana & George Steele to feud with Jarrett on Nitro as well as doing dream matches like Hogan & Flair tagging up for the first time which was pretty cool to see.

Seeing Mick Foley practically job 3 times in a row on 3 consecutive PPVs wasent a great idea infact it was pretty shit. They made such a big deal over Mankind refusing to fight Hunter and bring out Cactus to return he should of gone over at the Rumble as that is what the people wanted. If it wasent for having Austin come out and screw Trips out of the title I probably would of turned away from WWF for a long time.

They were trying to make HHH into the star he become. Mick beating him would have failed doing that.

He was already a big star come the end of 1999. It wouldnt of hurt his career to put Mick over and gain the belt back on either the next Raw or the next PPV.

Archived