Anybody else really miss Christian?

The Blur

I've always been a big fan of Christian. His feud with Orton last year really made him lose momentum though, and after being used to put people over for a good long while(minus his 2 month IC title run) he hasn't done anything too noticeable. I'd like to see Captain Charisma return to the World title scene, but with an edge(no pun intended) to his character, something to make him interesting. That 1 more match crap was ridiculous, but a 2005 style heel Christian could turn out nicely.

I'd love for Christian to come back, but at this point in time, I can't really see Christian winning the World Heavyweight Championship again. Most likely he'll end up back in the midcard scene. Hell, I think Christian could have become World Champion back in 2005 before he decided to leave and head off to TNA.

I still believe that if it wasn't for Edge retiring, Christian never would have become World Champion...maybe, if WWE had been deciding to have Edge and Christian have a feud for the title sometime after WrestleMania.

What's with everyone wanting him back as a babyface? As a face Christian is just a generic guy with no character or direction. As a heel he has a great character and cuts much better promos and is much more interesting in the ring.

I want a face Christian with character and direction. :D

It was great. Perfect for Christians character. And a great, unique story. But, of course, the ass hats on the internet don't think about good stories or logic. All they care about is "Dis d00de iz a gud wressler! He shud b world champ!!!!".

Eh. It just didn't appeal to me. Not going claim high ground over WWE Creative or anything, but I prefer Randy Orton as a heel and would have continued with Christian as a face. Plus title hot potato which bugs me. I think they would have had more opportunities with Randy Orton being a heel after he won the title. I think he could have committed am atrocity or two to build up some heel heat and then to top it off get on the mic then says "Thank you for giving the title" to the fans.

It worked I guess, I thought it could have better, but then again I am just a lowly member of the IWC whose opinions never did matter.

I really want him to return... But as a heel.

What's with everyone wanting him back as a babyface? As a face Christian is just a generic guy with no character or direction. As a heel he has a great character and cuts much better promos and is much more interesting in the ring.

And also... His short World title reign and Summer feud with Orton was perfect. People really need to stop bitching about it. It was a great story that Christian has worked his entire career to win a World title and be recognised over the "poster boys" of WWE. And when he finally does win it he loses it to Randy Orton just a few days later. Which triggers his old "Whiney heel" character to come back as he desperately tries to get back the title while always begging for "One more match".

It was great. Perfect for Christians character. And a great, unique story. But, of course, the ass hats on the internet don't think about good stories or logic. All they care about is "Dis d00de iz a gud wressler! He shud b world champ!!!!".

That makes no sense at all. If you're building someone as a face and they receive a great reaction, you don't turn him heel just because. Christian shouldn't have been the heel in the first place.Teddy made him defend his title for no reason right after a ladder match against an 100% Orton. Then he became Orton and Sheamus' bitch. How is that a good story? It's better he come back as a face so he could be booked better.

When he returned to win the Battle Royal, it was such a mindf*ck because nobody in the arena knew whether he was heel or face. And frankly, it is an insult to my intelligence trying to pawn him off as a face after his heel run. Now, with that being said, I would welcome him back under the right circumstances, but if they are going to run with him in a midcard feud for a month or so before leaving him in limbo, I would rather he never returned. In my opinion, put him in a tag team, and that could make him slightly relevant again. I would like to see him team with Curt Hawkins.

Turning him heel and shaking up the angle between him and Orton was class. If you worked your tail to the bone for almost two decades to win the World Heavyweight Championship only to lose it two days later, I'm pretty sure you would possibly even be legitimately angry with why you're being pushed in a direction as bold and abrupt. I really think it's the crowd that ruined Christian's heel turn, though, and it's because of that that they'll never feel the same for him if he returns.

People crave for freshness and stories that are unpredictable and when something brilliant and new comes along, they dislike it immediately and decide to protest/go against it. I understand Christian having the title robbed 48 hours after he won it but then I realised it was the start of a great angle. I just don't think everybody else did and when more began to, he lost the title and then...y'know, just faded from the top spotlight.

I miss him as the WHC to be honest, his deserved reign was shit on by Orton and Christian looked so weak in the process. I heard they took him off TV because they didn't want to advertise him until after the TNA HoF since Christian was supposed to be there apparently.

Agree with Row, he should go back to his 2004-2006 gimmick. I remember seeing him in a match at Breaking Point 09' on YouTube and he had a jumpsuit like the one's he had back in 04'

They're not exactly like the ones he had in 04. They're missing the hood. They're more like the ones he wore around 2007 - 2008 in TNA. The only difference is they don't say Cage on the front (for obvious reasons) Anyways, yeah he wore the jumpsuits for a while when he returned to ECW and then ditched them once his 'Cracks' shirt came out

Nope. He has been boring since Edge retired so the longer he is off my TV, the better.

Blame WWE. They are the ones who screwed Christian because in their eyes hes not main event material and he only got the belt as a favour to Edge.

I wish he would go back to TNA where his talent is recognised.

Archived