Create A Story is broken

WrestlingGreats

Okay, so Create A Story this year seemed pretty decent. It was full of options and it made me very interested in what I could come up with, so I decided to give it a go. I spent maybe a few hours on making a couple of weeks of the story without testing it.

After I had made a decent amount of story I decided to give it a test. My story began with a match. Then the scenes leading up to what the story is about kick off. When the game started all was fine. The match played like always and when it was over the cutscenes began. However, by the next match, there was a problem.

The next match had no audience or ring sound effects. All that could be heard was the commentators and an occasional whistle from the audience. No actual crowd cheering or slam sounds. I tried this several times, and it always played out the same. Also, the camera was far too zoomed out than it should be.

It seems this: Matches in Create A Story mode work fine - unless their are cutscenes present before them. This destroys the match program. NOTE: This is the PS3 version of the game. I have tested it on both versions: The 360 version has a slightly different problem. The crowd sound effects are present, but any scenes placed before a match are removed / skipped. The missing slam sound effects are still missing. I'm yet to test the Wii version.

Other breaks worth mentioning: The names of the characters talking do not always match the names of the characters pictures. It may say "Edge" when in fact it is Austin talking, simply because they are in the same scene together, all the while showing the picture of the correct wrestler. This is the same glitch that was present in SVR 2011 and I believe it was fixed in WWE 12. So consider it the return of a bad feature?

These are quite damaging glitches, as it kills a ton of atmosphere and should be looked into. Just thought I'd let everyone know that a lot of the fun of story designing has been taken away this year. Perhaps a patch is in order.

Yes the Name matching Glitch was in last year, I don't know why THQ doesn't notice most of these issues. Like last year, if you had a Midmatch scene; the crowd would get overly loud during loading and you wouldn't be able to hear anything whatsoever in the scene.

I'm not bashing THQ, don't get me wrong I'm not one of those user that hope they go under. I'm simple confused with how they go about doing something, they've got several months after completing the game. What do they do, sit on their backsides with their thumbs up it?

If I was to create a game in this generation, in which viral media is so massive that any problem will be spotted instantly. I'd sit down, with the coders and play through each portion as clearly as I could; this is their paycheck after all you'd think they'd care.

The name glitch has been happening to me since it debuted in SVR2010. It never really bothered me because although tbe wrong name pops up, at least the right picture of the person speaking pops up. One thing I can't stand is when created arenas glitch in that mode. The announce table from one arena shows up in another that it shouldn't be in.

I've actually just ran into a huge glitch. I've created a total of 4 shows and I had no issues while creating them. Now I'm getting complaints telling me that every single story freezes. I've downloaded my stories and confirmed that they DO freeze. The common scene between them all is commentary. The commentary - talking scene seems to be freezing constantly no matter what.

It's been pretty broken since its inception. Sure, its a great mode, but it is absolutely filled to the brim with bugs and often times its obvious THQ and Yukes didn't think some things through in it.

Archived