Now i remember why DOR wasn't my favourite game

CROSS-Out

Great game, but my god the AI in story mode can be freaking horrible. decided to break it out again after a while, went to play the story mode. got to the match where you need to team up with Rhyno and let him get the pin... my god, it's almost as if his AI is actively trying NOT to win.

Also, this games reversals are a pain in the ass.

Still better than most newer games though.

The only thing I really hated about the gameplay in DoR was the "break up moves" feature. It was a major pain in matches with 4 people. I can't really remember, but didn't the A.I always try to break up moves in 4 men matches as well? To me, the A.I was hilarious. During my 1st playthrough of Story Mode, some strange funny glitch (at least I think it was a glitch) happened when I reached the Iron Man WrestleMania match against Triple H. Right when the match started, Triple H exited the ring to the announce table side and grabbed the fire extinguisher from under the ring. That had me confused because I thought that DQ was on before what happened next. I stayed in the ring waiting to see what Hunter was going to do with the weapon, he came back in the ring, hit me with the fire extinguisher and got himself DQ'ed, giving me one victory in the Iron Man match, the A.I played like normal throughout the rest of the match.

I have no way of proving that happened, it was years ago before I even knew what a cap card was, but that made me laugh for several minutes straight. I played through story mode a few more times after that just to see if that would happen again, but it never did.

The break-up moves were much worse, at least for me, in DOR 2. I think the problem i had with DOR was that it is so very fun when you're winning but incredibly frustrating when you're losing, especially since the game refuses to acknowledge that I hit the reverse buttons.

The break-up moves were much worse, at least for me, in DOR 2. I think the problem i had with DOR was that it is so very fun when you're winning but incredibly frustrating when you're losing, especially since the game refuses to acknowledge that I hit the reverse buttons.

break up moves were a MAJOR pain in the ass in DOR 2 especially in the story mode. Particularly, the part where there was either a triple threat or a 4 way in the cage (don't remember which)

break up moves were a MAJOR pain in the ass in DOR 2 especially in the story mode. Particularly, the part where there was either a triple threat or a 4 way in the cage (don't remember which)

The fatal Four Way cage match in the story mode was probably the biggest issue, considering you have to have a speed of 8 or above and a really fast finisher to hit all three guys with if you wanted a chance to get out of their before someone stopped you.

Archived