Nice, best Andre caw i ever saw ,to bad there is not more different body skin

#42 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts
  • Twitter: anti_caws

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Don't mention it, we should be thanking you for giving us these great quality CAWs for us to relive our youth through these games. I always love having to body slam Andre with Hulk.

I found these scans of Andre towards the end of his run (late 80s).
http://smoothcrimina...ends/Andre1.jpg
http://smoothcrimina...ends/Andre2.jpg

Just look at those paws.

Creating Hebner would be fun just to have him bump around. I'd love to toss him out of the ring just as Hogan did at The Main Event.

I hear ya, man. The stuff people have been coming up with, partcularly this year, is insanity. :nod:

But yeah, the hands are another one of those things I'm slightly unclear about. I'd like to make them bigger, but it's difficult to find morphing that's accurate to how big they were without it looking cartoony in-game. They were that huge. lol. But I'll get there, I suppose. Maybe I'm already there, for all I know. But yeah, the 2nd picture is the hair and sideburn scheme I'll be going for. Boots were the same as the 87 heel run, so all I'll have to do is switch the singlet color, from what I can see. I know he wore a kneepad, over [I think] his left knee toward the final years of his career, post-WWF, when he was doing random shots in Japan and shit. But I don't know if one little kneepad is that important. We'll see. I often like making each attire as different from the last as I possibly can, just for the challenge of it.

Edited by ☠, 11 December 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#43 BHANGRA_MAN

BHANGRA_MAN

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,457 posts
  • Twitter: @Bhangra94877286

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Looking better will see if I have suggestions later

#44 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Looking better will see if I have suggestions later

Thanks, man. Suggestions are welcome. All I have in waiting yet to tweek is face width, so a look at any other aspect is welcome and it shouldn't get in the way of the next attire and so forth. Thanks so much for all the support. And don't worry; once this is final, the thanks will shoot right to the top of the page, as for most of my upcoming stuff, really. :cool:

Edited by ☠, 12 December 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#45 invisible man

invisible man

Legend

• Members
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hrm, he looks good in-game but the hair needs to be changed to the samoan afro. It's not perfect but it'll look better than the huge Doink hair with the flat bit...liking this a lot though...

#46 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hrm, he looks good in-game but the hair needs to be changed to the samoan afro. It's not perfect but it'll look better than the huge Doink hair with the flat bit...liking this a lot though...

I had the same debate with myself last year about the final hairstyle. I went with the Doink, and then customizing it, because it was a far more potentially accurate way of nailing his style than the Samoan hairstyle choice, which isn't as accurate, as it poofs up a bit much and then parts in the middle. And you can barely see his sideburns if you use that hairstyle. So, the Doink and dark brown hair texture customized hairstyle became an experimental alternative that wound up working last year and this year. The bigger problem is that length of the afros can't be adjusted, and both the Doink and Samoan hairstyles stick out way too much in the back. The Samoan hair is just as big as the Doink hair, minus the bald spot, basically....same size, with more hair. If it were even slightly noticeably smaller than "the Doink", I would've used it from day one and never thought twice about it. lol. Wish there were something I could do about it, though. Maybe next year. :fedup:

But thanks for the feedback and kind words, dude. Always valued and appreciated. :cool:

Edited by ☠, 12 December 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#47 invisible man

invisible man

Legend

• Members
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I had the same debate with myself last year about the final hairstyle. I went with the Doink, and then customizing it, because it was a far more potentially accurate way of nailing his style than the Samoan hairstyle choice, which isn't as accurate, as it poofs up a bit much and then parts in the middle. And you can barely see his sideburns if you use that hairstyle. So, the Doink and dark brown hair texture customized hairstyle became an experimental alternative that wound up working last year and this year. The bigger problem is that length of the afros can't be adjusted, and both the Doink and Samoan hairstyles stick out way too much in the back. The Samoan hair is just as big as the Doink hair, minus the bald spot, basically....same size, with more hair. If it were even slightly noticeably smaller than "the Doink", I would've used it from day one and never thought twice about it. lol. Wish there were something I could do about it, though. Maybe next year. :fedup:

But thanks for the feedback and kind words, dude. Always valued and appreciated. :cool:

Ah, I see. That sucks then...I would say just do the short hair versions of Andre but I personally prefer the younger Andre with the 'fro.

Is there nothing you can change in the head/cranium morphing to adjust the hair size?

#48 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Ah, I see. That sucks then...I would say just do the short hair versions of Andre but I personally prefer the younger Andre with the 'fro.

Is there nothing you can change in the head/cranium morphing to adjust the hair size?

Tried. In fact, still messing around with it a little, but that's as low as I could seem to make the afro as a whole via cranium morphing. I've seen old clips and event posters where his hair really was that big at some point(s) in the 70s, but I'd be so much more at peace with if I could tone the length down like 30 notches. lol. The Samoan afro just doesn't look good on Andre to my eyes at all, for whatever reason, besides the sideburns disappearing behind all the hair.

The others are gonna be shorter hair, as I mentioned the attires in a previous post. I'm still really happy with this hairstyle and what I've come up with thus far. Hopefully this Andre just keeps gaining more and more coolness anytime I add shit to it. lol. But yeah, it seems I got the hair as low and/or short-looking as it can possibly go, while trying to keep his head shape and hairline and cranium shape and stuff like that in check. :fedup:

Edited by ☠, 12 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#49 invisible man

invisible man

Legend

• Members
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Tried. In fact, still messing around with it a little, but that's as low as I could seem to make the afro as a whole via cranium morphing. I've seen old clips and event posters where his hair really was that big at some point(s) in the 70s, but I'd be so much more at peace with if I could tone the length down like 30 notches. lol. The Samoan afro just doesn't look good on Andre to my eyes at all, for whatever reason, besides the sideburns disappearing behind all the hair.

The others are gonna be shorter hair, as I mentioned the attires in a previous post. I'm still really happy with this hairstyle and what I've come up with thus far. Hopefully this Andre just keeps gaining more and more coolness anytime I add shit to it. lol. But yeah, it seems I got the hair as low and/or short-looking as it can possibly go, while trying to keep his head shape and hairline and cranium shape and stuff like that in check. :fedup:

Well, I imagine I'll be downloading it :)

#50 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Well, I imagine I'll be downloading it :)

I really hope you enjoy what comes out, man. :cool:

Also, a quick update: Haven't started attire 2 just yet. Gonna use my capcard quick to keep a record of his moveset, since I hear they get wiped out for the most part after you start working on new attires. After then, attire 2 is ready for takeoff.

I've also been made aware of something. Something I can't really go into detail about, but maybe, just maybe, there's a way to make Andre just a little bit larger after all. ;)

I'll have another update when atleast 3, if not all 4, attires are complete. :happy:

Edited by ☠, 13 December 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#51 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

3 Attires down. Black trunks/ Red boots 70s afro attire? Check. '87 Heel black singlet attire? Check. '89-'90 blue singlet attire? Check. Now, the yellow trunks/yellow boots short hair attire, and that's a wrap on this puppy, attire-wise. After that, some slight moveset adjustments, and he's uploaded. I doubt mods really give much of a shit about what I post, as they know I really mean no harm, so I'll just say it: I was gonna attempt to use the "Save Editor" to make Andre a little bigger than the game itself will allow me. He should be a friendly center between Big Show and Khali, and I can barely make him match Big Show's exact ingame height. I can't register with 360haven to dl the program because of my server or something, so someone said he'd register a name for me...but if it doesn't happen, oh well. Andre already looks great, size-wise, next to most people, but a teensy bit more height and girth on him would make my day. That's what I was referring to in the previous post. But it's more of an extra thing; if it happens, awesome...if not, it still doesn't take much of anything away from this. You'll be hearing from me again pretty soon. :cool:

Edited by ☠, 14 December 2012 - 02:22 AM.

#52 fallofparadise

fallofparadise

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • Gamertag: fallofparadise
  • SEN (PS3): XmortaldivineX

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

The only bad thing about the editor is that it won't let you edit the CAW's height, unless it's changed in the 13' version. Does it let you now?

#53 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

The only bad thing about the editor is that it won't let you edit the CAW's height, unless it's changed in the 13' version. Does it let you now?

I've been talking to a cool guy I came across playing on Live with huge in-game models. I expressed interest once I messaged him and he messaged back and was articulate and not some...like...10 yr old, mod-happy Asian kid or something. :lol: But yeah, he has me under the impression that it can be done with CAWs this year, so I'm gonna find a way to get the program in my posession and give it a shot. If it can be used for the good of CAWs, it's something I would only use for Andre, really. I'll never be one of "those guys" who takes this program and goes nuts with all these dumb-looking, spammy hacked movesets and all that garbage. lol.

Like I said, though, if it turns out I can't do anything "special" to Andre's size, then so be it; it still looks great now. In-game, the '87 heel attire looks f*cking fantastic, if you ask me. lol :rolleyes:. I just don't like how CAW mode limitations prohibit him from looking much, if any, bigger than any of the other really big guys in the game, when, really, the only guy in the game who should be taller than Andre is Khali. After Khali, Andre should be bigger than anyone else, including Big Show/Paul Wight. We'll see.

Edited by ☠, 14 December 2012 - 04:32 AM.

#54 fallofparadise

fallofparadise

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • Gamertag: fallofparadise
  • SEN (PS3): XmortaldivineX

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hell yeah, whatever makes the caw better! I used to use those mod tools for moves but never to cheat. I used to like hacking certain front grapples into the running grapple position. A lot of them look way more realistic than the choices we're given. Remember the old Rey Mysterio front grapple where her would duck a clothesline, run to the ropes, jump off the top rope with a headscissors? That move looked sick as a rebound running grapple. Anytime you reversed a rebound running grapple with Rey, he would do this and it looked so natural.

#55 El Dandy

El Dandy

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'm really amped up to see this Andre in-game. I love having a variety of opponents of varying sizes to go up against.

#56 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hell yeah, whatever makes the caw better! I used to use those mod tools for moves but never to cheat. I used to like hacking certain front grapples into the running grapple position. A lot of them look way more realistic than the choices we're given. Remember the old Rey Mysterio front grapple where her would duck a clothesline, run to the ropes, jump off the top rope with a headscissors? That move looked sick as a rebound running grapple. Anytime you reversed a rebound running grapple with Rey, he would do this and it looked so natural.

Oh yeah, definitely dude. Some of the stuff I've seen people online do, even when they abuse it 99% of the time, are a good concept if put in the right hands. I especially liked seeing guys who hacked Royal Rumble finisher into regular movesets, like you could Chokeslam someone to the outside as a grapple. That's like the main thing I looked at and said "Hmm...cool idea.". But yeah, some do look cool, but it's not something I can ever see myself going overboard with, y'know? All for the good of my CAWs and/or the gaming experience of anyone who downloads it. :cool:

I'm really amped up to see this Andre in-game. I love having a variety of opponents of varying sizes to go up against.

Soon enough, man. Just have to get attire 4 going, and when it's finished, just some minor moveset tweeks and this is done and uploaded. Hopefully you have Fan Axxess, as it will be needed for this. Once all that is knocked out, I'll see whether or not I can really do anything to Andre via Editor, and if I can, shouldn't take more than an extra half-hour or so longer to get this uploaded then it would take without it, as I understand it's a pretty quick process. :nod:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

edit- quick update...probably FINAL update before 4 attires are complete and this is uploaded....

hypothetical summary-

Boy finally gets hold of program. Program is awesome; quick and easy to use. However, program corrupts boy's save. Luckily, boy had 2 backup files, so everything is okay. Boy sent message (along with download link to original working save file) to program creator with instructions on what he'd like to have done, as instructed by program creator on Youtube video page. Boy now awaits response from creator. He will, in the meantime, bang out attire 4. Then, if program actually works with his retail console, all he has to do is go in, up Andre's height up to where it should be, some other small adjustments (if the program guy hasn't already done it all), and boom. Upload. Boy is probably gonna get some sleep now, so attire 4 will need to wait until sometime after he wakes up. After that, he'll wait a day or two for creator's response, and if he gets nothing, this goes viral. All hypothetical, of course. :rolleyes:

Edited by ☠, 14 December 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#57 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I know I said this would be up by the week's end, but I'm really dead-set on getting this editor thing to work for me now. lol. If all else fails, I can send my save data file to the dude whom the program already works for, he can make all the Andre edits I request (mainly height...with some tweeks to make him harder to face than most others).

I'm off to work in a few minutes, but it's gonna be a short day. Start at noon and am already out out and back home by around 5PM, so I'm gonna give the editor one last go on my own, and then, if it still corrupts my shit, then I'll have to wait a little bit for the dude to get his computer back, as he is currently without it. 'Til then, attire 4 is postponed...mainly because I don't want it to be a thing where I give him this finished CAW I put so much work into, just to have him like.....release it on his own with the edits and leave me out in the cold. So...until I get it straightened out, attire 4 hasn't happened quite yet. I NEED that height tweek, goddammit! It's too perfect! lol

Edited by ☠, 16 December 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#58 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

My custom superstar data may have wiped out on me. So....unless I can find some clever fix, Andre may be completely gone for good. Maybe not for good, but I lose all motivation to make someone from scratch after they were almost done.

So..if this is confirmed after some experimentation on my part, then this topic will be no more and I'll start over on the face I was working on for the nCo project. See ya around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew...false alarm. Not sure how I did it, but I fixed it. Bypass the custom superstar error message and my CAWs were still there. Whether or not Andre will have his desired height is unknown, but I'm not laying another finger on that CAW until I get a direct answer on it,

Edited by ☠, 17 December 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#59 KlassX

KlassX

Opener

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Gamertag: KlassX

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

woah....glad to hear your data wasn't wiped out. Your Andre is boss. He's gonna rule my wwf save someday soon hopefully

#60 BHANGRA_MAN

BHANGRA_MAN

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,457 posts
  • Twitter: @Bhangra94877286

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

@B7 after all the hardwork make sure you got back ups as I am not going to let you not finish this now :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Andre The Giant, WWF, WWWF, WWE, NWA, MSG