Andre The Giant (by B7) **UPLOADED to XBL!! Dec. 21,2012**

ANTI-

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would help if you updated the first page of topic as well. It's improved for sure. Am assuming you have to blend the sides onto the cheeks forehead looks blended it. Keep at it

1st page: Done. :cool: As for the cheek area, yeah, I'll look into it some more. The blending's there, just not enough apparently. Though, he did have lines going along the sides of his face that this kind of looks like from a distance. Hmm. Still, barely noticeable in-game or in CAW mode, and yet, my crappy digital camera manages to point it out. What a world. lol. Thanks. :)

Sorry, but I don't like any part of this I'm afraid. The body morphing looks really weird and the face texture looks weird. Your regular non-textured CAWs look better to be honest, man.

Insanity...this looks great. body and face perfect.

lol I wouldn't say 'perfect', but I do already find it superior to the one I made last year, so that's a plus. Thanks for the love though, man :cool:

This looks good. The face texture looks fine. The eyes look a bit weird, but I guess that's going to happen with the morphing on this. I'm not going to comment about the body morph, it looks as close as you'll get with body morphing in this game. Kudos for what you've got on that section.

The head size though, it looks a bit cartoonish/caricature like. I wonder if you at least decreased the jaw height in the same increments as you decrease the upper line, you might get better results.

Not saying anything bad about this attempt at all, you've taken a huge challenge as far as morphing here! It's looking good!

The head size? Hmm...I'll look into, but, from what I see just looking at it, maybe it's the hair that makes his head look bigger? I dunno. I did decrease the size of the head a bit, as well as increasing the width of the jawline a bit, as you mentioned, in the updated pics. I think it looks pretty good in proportion to the rest of his body in-game, but I do agree that I might've taken it a touch far. I'll definitely check it out some more. Thanks for mentioning it. :cool: And thanks for the kind words as well, dude. :)

I love it. It looks just like Andre buddy. Can't wait to see the final product and to DL this.

Thanks, man. Once I get a face a really consider final on this 1st attire, the rest should be way less complex. As none of his attires have ever been that detailed, the most work that I'll have to go into from one attire to the next is the custom hairstyle and sideburn detailing. Look forward to wrapping things up on the face at some point within the next 3 nights. Hell, might even be tonight...who knows? When it happens, it happens. Thanks alot for the feedback. :cool:

I really like the face texture!

Thanks, man. Most like their face textures kind of the easy way (textures from previous games, etc.), which is why most people were always scared of Facegen or something. I don't get it. I love taking a texture of someone's actual face that I created, cutting it in half, getting rid of some bits and pieces, sticking it on a CAW, and coming up with cool stuff. Makes me feel like more of an artist, personally, and I get more of a fun experience out of it. I don't knock anyone else's method, but this one has always been the most fun for me, and it still is. :cool:

The key to making it work, though, is having a really solid [face] morph ahead of time....particularly these days, if you want your CAW to, at all, compete with even the crappiest in-game model, which would probably be Billy Gunn's this year, though Boss Man's face isn't far behind. lol. NOMODDER's Boss Man face is tons better than that.

For some reason, the body is just throwing me way off. The rest is fairly nice, I'm just not liking the body morphing, I'm not sure why.

I would love to see a caw mode shot, just to get a better look at the body.

0005096.jpg

^ This was the best I could do right this moment, as my camera's battery was dying on me.

And this was the picture I referred someone to on page 1 who had an issue with the morphing...

48014040403768633410533.jpg

^ Essentially that, only a bit wider/thicker for two reasons. This was a more fit-bodied 70s Andre, and I need him fatter (as he was some time after this photo) to match every look I'm gonna be giving him, as, of course, you can't change morphing from one attire to the next. He was plenty heavier before he finally lost the fro in the WWF. lol. And number two: to look better next to other giants in the game, particularly Big Show/Paul Wight, whose models were revamped/upgraded to look more...I guess 'monstrous' next to other models. Andre originally had the same body morph I gave him last year, and he looked so normal and actually tiny in a ring full of Super Heavyweights, but, after experimenting with ways to make his body thicker, finally found something that works, and [i feel] looks great, even if it may still need some tweekage here or there.

Found an eye/nose/mouth/jaw scheme of morphing that I finally feel is very, very close to being final. Found a particular amount of spacing between the eyes that made me say "Holy shit. That's it. That's the face I've been looking for." So...updates sooner than later. :cool:

As for what's left besides face morphing (and maybe thickening the legs a tiny bit)....There's an area below the chin and before the neck where this odd sort of shadow is, so I have to blend that out via design(s). Same for a slight line going down the left side of his face, as BHANGRA previously mentioned, where the texture cuts off ( can't really see it on the right). Will use a design block to blend that out. Still may need two design layers for eyebrow customization. After that, if I have 4 layers left over (highly unlikely) I'd like to go for custom nipples and wrap this 1st attire up once the face is in place, which I may even bang out tomorrow, as I'm finally off of work for a few days. :)

I'd like to see this on XBox Live by this week's end for people to download and hopefully enjoy. We'll see. Not rushing anything, but I know Andre won't be all that difficult to bang out once I have a face I'm completely happy with. I appreciate all the feedback! :type:

OUTSTANDING...

I can't wait for him.

Thanks for the support, dude. Now that the face is mainly wrapped up (only main thing I see that needs some tweeking is the width of the face, somehow...length's good but width seems a tad thin yet, in my view), this should be uploadable relatively soon. I'm still saying it should be on XBox Live by the week's end. :cool:

You had the best Andre last year (Pillman as well) and this will undoubtedly be the best Andre the Giant release once again. As for planned attires, I hope you give him one of his Colossal Connection blue singlet.

Thanks, man. That means alot. I love making wrestlers that I love and feel never really get much love from the CAW community, and putting whatever CAW-making abilities I may have into letting every ounce of the tremendous amount of love and respect I have for these people manifest itself into decent-looking CAWness. Well, then there's the people I love, but make more just for the fun of it. Made Cornette last year...lol..probably making him again this year....also wanna make Earl Hebner, since Special Guest Referee matches are back. lol

The planned 4 were the afro Andre black trunk/red boots attire in the video and screenshots, the yellow, short-haired attire that you saw last year (which was my favorite to play with), of course the black one-strap singlet from famous the '87 heel run, and then I was gonna go for something he wore later around the end of his career, so blue singlet attire fits that. I just have to give the hairy sideburns and such to get the point across that this is an older-looking Andre, and voila...attire 4....I'm sold. lol :cool:

Don't mention it, we should be thanking you for giving us these great quality CAWs for us to relive our youth through these games. I always love having to body slam Andre with Hulk.

I found these scans of Andre towards the end of his run (late 80s).

http://smoothcriminaldesignz.com/scans/legends/Andre1.jpg

http://smoothcriminaldesignz.com/scans/legends/Andre2.jpg

Just look at those paws.

Creating Hebner would be fun just to have him bump around. I'd love to toss him out of the ring just as Hogan did at The Main Event.

Don't mention it, we should be thanking you for giving us these great quality CAWs for us to relive our youth through these games. I always love having to body slam Andre with Hulk.

I found these scans of Andre towards the end of his run (late 80s).

http://smoothcrimina...ends/Andre1.jpg

http://smoothcrimina...ends/Andre2.jpg

Just look at those paws.

Creating Hebner would be fun just to have him bump around. I'd love to toss him out of the ring just as Hogan did at The Main Event.

I hear ya, man. The stuff people have been coming up with, partcularly this year, is insanity. :nod:

But yeah, the hands are another one of those things I'm slightly unclear about. I'd like to make them bigger, but it's difficult to find morphing that's accurate to how big they were without it looking cartoony in-game. They were that huge. lol. But I'll get there, I suppose. Maybe I'm already there, for all I know. But yeah, the 2nd picture is the hair and sideburn scheme I'll be going for. Boots were the same as the 87 heel run, so all I'll have to do is switch the singlet color, from what I can see. I know he wore a kneepad, over [i think] his left knee toward the final years of his career, post-WWF, when he was doing random shots in Japan and shit. But I don't know if one little kneepad is that important. We'll see. I often like making each attire as different from the last as I possibly can, just for the challenge of it.

Looking better will see if I have suggestions later

Thanks, man. Suggestions are welcome. All I have in waiting yet to tweek is face width, so a look at any other aspect is welcome and it shouldn't get in the way of the next attire and so forth. Thanks so much for all the support. And don't worry; once this is final, the thanks will shoot right to the top of the page, as for most of my upcoming stuff, really. :cool:

Hrm, he looks good in-game but the hair needs to be changed to the samoan afro. It's not perfect but it'll look better than the huge Doink hair with the flat bit...liking this a lot though...

I had the same debate with myself last year about the final hairstyle. I went with the Doink, and then customizing it, because it was a far more potentially accurate way of nailing his style than the Samoan hairstyle choice, which isn't as accurate, as it poofs up a bit much and then parts in the middle. And you can barely see his sideburns if you use that hairstyle. So, the Doink and dark brown hair texture customized hairstyle became an experimental alternative that wound up working last year and this year. The bigger problem is that length of the afros can't be adjusted, and both the Doink and Samoan hairstyles stick out way too much in the back. The Samoan hair is just as big as the Doink hair, minus the bald spot, basically....same size, with more hair. If it were even slightly noticeably smaller than "the Doink", I would've used it from day one and never thought twice about it. lol. Wish there were something I could do about it, though. Maybe next year. :fedup:

But thanks for the feedback and kind words, dude. Always valued and appreciated. :cool:

Hrm, he looks good in-game but the hair needs to be changed to the samoan afro. It's not perfect but it'll look better than the huge Doink hair with the flat bit...liking this a lot though...

I had the same debate with myself last year about the final hairstyle. I went with the Doink, and then customizing it, because it was a far more potentially accurate way of nailing his style than the Samoan hairstyle choice, which isn't as accurate, as it poofs up a bit much and then parts in the middle. And you can barely see his sideburns if you use that hairstyle. So, the Doink and dark brown hair texture customized hairstyle became an experimental alternative that wound up working last year and this year. The bigger problem is that length of the afros can't be adjusted, and both the Doink and Samoan hairstyles stick out way too much in the back. The Samoan hair is just as big as the Doink hair, minus the bald spot, basically....same size, with more hair. If it were even slightly noticeably smaller than "the Doink", I would've used it from day one and never thought twice about it. lol. Wish there were something I could do about it, though. Maybe next year. :fedup:

But thanks for the feedback and kind words, dude. Always valued and appreciated. :cool:

Ah, I see. That sucks then...I would say just do the short hair versions of Andre but I personally prefer the younger Andre with the 'fro.

Is there nothing you can change in the head/cranium morphing to adjust the hair size?

Ah, I see. That sucks then...I would say just do the short hair versions of Andre but I personally prefer the younger Andre with the 'fro.

Is there nothing you can change in the head/cranium morphing to adjust the hair size?

Tried. In fact, still messing around with it a little, but that's as low as I could seem to make the afro as a whole via cranium morphing. I've seen old clips and event posters where his hair really was that big at some point(s) in the 70s, but I'd be so much more at peace with if I could tone the length down like 30 notches. lol. The Samoan afro just doesn't look good on Andre to my eyes at all, for whatever reason, besides the sideburns disappearing behind all the hair.

The others are gonna be shorter hair, as I mentioned the attires in a previous post. I'm still really happy with this hairstyle and what I've come up with thus far. Hopefully this Andre just keeps gaining more and more coolness anytime I add shit to it. lol. But yeah, it seems I got the hair as low and/or short-looking as it can possibly go, while trying to keep his head shape and hairline and cranium shape and stuff like that in check. :fedup:

Tried. In fact, still messing around with it a little, but that's as low as I could seem to make the afro as a whole via cranium morphing. I've seen old clips and event posters where his hair really was that big at some point(s) in the 70s, but I'd be so much more at peace with if I could tone the length down like 30 notches. lol. The Samoan afro just doesn't look good on Andre to my eyes at all, for whatever reason, besides the sideburns disappearing behind all the hair.

The others are gonna be shorter hair, as I mentioned the attires in a previous post. I'm still really happy with this hairstyle and what I've come up with thus far. Hopefully this Andre just keeps gaining more and more coolness anytime I add shit to it. lol. But yeah, it seems I got the hair as low and/or short-looking as it can possibly go, while trying to keep his head shape and hairline and cranium shape and stuff like that in check. :fedup:

Well, I imagine I'll be downloading it :)

Well, I imagine I'll be downloading it :)

I really hope you enjoy what comes out, man. :cool:

Also, a quick update: Haven't started attire 2 just yet. Gonna use my capcard quick to keep a record of his moveset, since I hear they get wiped out for the most part after you start working on new attires. After then, attire 2 is ready for takeoff.

I've also been made aware of something. Something I can't really go into detail about, but maybe, just maybe, there's a way to make Andre just a little bit larger after all. ;)

I'll have another update when atleast 3, if not all 4, attires are complete. :happy:

Archived