What if The Shield...

AnthonyNukes

Nah. Just another faction that already has shown a weakness this early into the game. They only beat up heels and are struggling with Ryback.

I don't see how they're showing weakness. Were you expecting Ryback not to fight back valiantly? They had to make him and the Shield look good.

Ryback fought back.. and successfully did so until Punk cowardly jumped him from behind (and even he almost couldn't get the job done.) The Shield, alone, could not handle Ryback after only 2 weeks.

This is why the Nexus is already better than the Shield. At least they hauled ass for a couple of pay per views.

As they should, considering they had 4 more extra guys.

Nah. Just another faction that already has shown a weakness this early into the game. They only beat up heels and are struggling with Ryback.

I don't see how they're showing weakness. Were you expecting Ryback not to fight back valiantly? They had to make him and the Shield look good.

Ryback fought back.. and successfully did so until Punk cowardly jumped him from behind (and even he almost couldn't get the job done.) The Shield, alone, could not handle Ryback after only 2 weeks.

This is why the Nexus is already better than the Shield. At least they hauled ass for a couple of pay per views.

The Nexus couldn't do it alone either, they always kicked ass in a gang type way just like the Shield did. If they were weak, they would have run away when Ryback did get the upperhand for the time being.

Did Cena overcome the Nexus the Raw after they debuted? No. Ryback did with the Shield, minus Punk.

As they should, considering they had 4 more extra guys.

True, but it's about quality not quantity. These 3 guy's potential match the 8 or 7 guys in Nexus (besides Bryan, Barrett and maybe Gabriel, this place didn't have faith in anybody else in that group during the NXT season. You're all on Young's and Slater's dick nowadays.) The Nex-seven exceeded expectations, while the three in the Shield have been hot prospects for years that many WWE fans have already crowned as world champions have lost a lot of steam only a week into their formation.

I don't think they lost any steam. I mean sure Ryback fought back, he's a machine, he was supposed to. He's supposed to look unstoppable, the bigger picture is, the machine, in the end got overpowered. They continue to do what nobody else in WWE has down so far, and that's to hurt a machine. They've found the kink in his armor, and as long as they have numbers, they'll continue to decimate. Now if Ryback beats them in a match to the point where they can no longer move, then they'd lose steam. Which is probably going to eventually happen anyway.

I don't think they lost any steam. I mean sure Ryback fought back, he's a machine, he was supposed to. He's supposed to look unstoppable, the bigger picture is, the machine, in the end got overpowered. They continue to do what nobody else in WWE has down so far, and that's to hurt a machine. They've found the kink in his armor, and as long as they have numbers, they'll continue to decimate. Now if Ryback beats them in a match to the point where they can no longer move, then they'd lose steam. Which is probably going to eventually happen anyway.

Bingo. I just hope the last two sentences don't happen though.

That's fine. The good guys 98% of the time come out of the feud victorious. I know Ryback will have his day when he'll break the Shield. For now though, let the rookies completely dominate and have Ryback slowly crack them. It was like the band-aid was ripped off completely and quickly this week, and then Punk saved them. Save that for something mid-story. Not week 2.

That's fine. The good guys 98% of the time come out of the feud victorious. I know Ryback will have his day when he'll break the Shield. For now though, let the rookies completely dominate and have Ryback slowly crack them. It was like the band-aid was ripped off completely and quickly this week, and then Punk saved them. Save that for something mid-story. Not week 2.

If they completely dominate him, he looks weak and his character isn't the type to be weak or he and his presence goes "poof".

They are making it seem like they are doing this to benefit Punk, which means that ultimately they will not be working for Punk. You just need a little bit of knowledge on wrestling storylines/TV in general to know this.

Best choice would be Paul Heyman as many people have stated already, or they could just be working on their own. Nexus didn't need anyone, Wade Barrett stepped up and took over the leadership role so it's not completely necessary for Shield to have a current wrestler on Raw/Smackdown join up with them.

If they completely dominate him, he looks weak and his character isn't the type to be weak or he and his presence goes "poof".

So the past week hasn't been about the Shield, it's been about Ryback already? I understand he's a machine, but it would be shocking if all these month's of Ryback's domination are completely lost because of three mystery men. I hate to keep bringing them up, but because they're a similar type of faction, Nexus' first couple of months were done properly, and am just worried Shield will burn out even faster.

So the past week hasn't been about the Shield, it's been about Ryback already? I understand he's a machine, but it would be shocking if all these month's of Ryback's domination are completely lost because of three mystery men. I hate to keep bringing them up, but because they're a similar type of faction, Nexus' first couple of months were done properly, and am just worried Shield will burn out even faster.

You have to protect both of them. You can't bring these three to just dominate Ryback without him fighting back. The difference between Ryback and Cena's feud with Nexus was that Cena's character is more than just being dominant while Ryback's gimmick is only about that. When he loses his dominance, then he loses his credibility. The Shield shouldn't be squashed this soon either so that's why they are using the number game routine on him to show that it's still too much for him.

In my opinion, Shield is with Heyman. I doubt Punk is behind the whole Shield stable and I'm sure their going to turn on him sooner or later. Maybe this is going to lead to where Heyman turns on Punk? Maybe Lesnar gets into the picture? Anything can happen really but point blank, Heyman is behind the whole thing while Punk isn't. Cena isn't in it thats for damn sure, its Heyman Lol. This can all trace back to when Mick Foley told Punk that Heyman can't be trusted. Heyman + Shield = Heyman turning on Punk at the end.

In my opinion, Shield is with Heyman. I doubt Punk is behind the whole Shield stable and I'm sure their going to turn on him sooner or later. Maybe this is going to lead to where Heyman turns on Punk? Maybe Lesnar gets into the picture? Anything can happen really but point blank, Heyman is behind the whole thing while Punk isn't. Cena isn't in it thats for damn sure, its Heyman Lol. This can all trace back to when Mick Foley told Punk that Heyman can't be trusted. Heyman + Shield = Heyman turning on Punk at the end.

You're probably right about that. There's a lot of scenarios that could play-out within the next couple of months going into WrestleMania.

That's exactly what I had in mind earlier today.

Heyman would make sense; a turn was slightly teased a couple of months ago, it'd be a swerve and it wouldn't be as predictable as the Punk-stable scenario. Heyman is keeping Punk as the Champion until Lesnar returns, who beats him for the title. Both are heels and Lesnar still has a program with H, but it could happen.

I think they will attack Punk, but it will be for the greater scheme of things, maybe costing The Rock at the rumble. Their whole crusade is about being fair, and The Rock returning just to take the belt is not really what is fair right now. Maybe there will be a program with Rock vs. The Shield.

I'm thinking this could be an anti-wwe type angle. Looking at the people involved, I've gotta say, Cena and Ryback are the epitome of the "big man" or "superman" that McMahon gets high on and Punk, Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns seem to be the type of guys that never should have made it. In light of the WWE.com article on guys that should have never made it, and then looking at indy favorites becoming the face of the company (Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, hell, you could make an argument in regards to the divas division losing its barbie image like AJ, Kaitlyn, even Eve to an extent). It seems to me that the attitude PG thats been going on the last few years (if you notice, they swear more, more controversial storylines, yet still PG) has proven the Vinnie Mac superstar ideal is just getting ridiculous. We need to get edgier and more anti-hero. I'm not saying TV-14 edgy, but still edgier.

I'm thinking this could be an anti-wwe type angle. Looking at the people involved, I've gotta say, Cena and Ryback are the epitome of the "big man" or "superman" that McMahon gets high on and Punk, Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns seem to be the type of guys that never should have made it. In light of the WWE.com article on guys that should have never made it, and then looking at indy favorites becoming the face of the company (Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, hell, you could make an argument in regards to the divas division losing its barbie image like AJ, Kaitlyn, even Eve to an extent). It seems to me that the attitude PG thats been going on the last few years (if you notice, they swear more, more controversial storylines, yet still PG) has proven the Vinnie Mac superstar ideal is just getting ridiculous. We need to get edgier and more anti-hero. I'm not saying TV-14 edgy, but still edgier.

Really?

Really?

Name one Samoan who made it to the top (wwe title) other than the Rock? Yes Reigns is big but www has never really pushed Samoans all the way to the top.

Excellent post jeffan.

Really?

Name one Samoan who made it to the top (wwe title) other than the Rock? Yes Reigns is big but www has never really pushed Samoans all the way to the top.

Excellent post jeffan.

Yokozuna.

Archived