What if The Shield...

AnthonyNukes

Am I the only one that thinks Punk isn't involved with "The Shield"

What if this isn't Punks "revolution" or "group of change"

What if its Cena pulling the strings in The Shield? I might be wrong but its a good guess, from my understanding Cena never beat Punk? Correct me if im wrong, but what if "The Shield" is protecting CM Punk from dropping the title to anyone until Cena gets back into the title hunt. Cena could want revenge or to redeem himself from all the chances at the title or its steaming from jealousy?

We know punk hates us internet wrestling fans, he constantly throws shots with heyman at us on RAW and even through twitter. Punk has even trolled us before in ROH before he left for the WWE. I highly doubt Punk would agree to do a storyline where it seems so obvious that hes apart of something, i could be wrong...

Thoughts?!

I think Punk will ultimately be revealed as the mastermind behind all of it. Considering what they said last night, but so far WWE is doing a good job keeping people guessing. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if they were just out for self and destroyed Punk as well.

It would make perfect sense, and that's why I don't see it happening.

The Shield claims they're not affiliated with Punk, but it's obvious that they're protecting him. They're protecting the title from Ryback. A few weeks ago, they teased a Ryback vs. Cena feud and went out of their way to make Cena appear intimidated. I noticed it instantly and was shocked because Cena hasn't had that look on his face in six years. Even when he was feuding with Brock Lesnar, he usually had a cheesy grin. It's obvious that John Cena is scared of Ryback. I think they're also trying to make him look a little jealous of Ryback. He'd want to have a group of guys take him out before he can beat Punk for the title so he doesn't have to worry about Ryback stealing the spotlight as the top babyface. He also thinks he has a better chance of beating CM Punk than Ryback. He's keeping The Shield secret and he deliberately picked wrestlers that seem somewhat similar to CM Punk so that no one would suspect him. If he gets caught, Cena's squeaky clean image is ruined. It's a fantastic story and it makes a hell of a lot more sense than them being CM Punk's lackeys. Even the "Shield" gimmick makes more sense with Cena. He's always claimed to fight for truth and justice. That's why it won't happen though. WWE isn't known for writing stories that make sense, let alone really good ones. Besides, they're still living in a fantasy world where John Cena is the most popular wrestler, even though that hasn't been the case since early 2011.

Well, but if it was Cena, why did the Shield allow Punk to pin him at Survivor Series?

I'm not sure what I'd rather like to see. The Shield revealing that they've been working for Heyman and Punk or them being out there without anybody else pulling the strings. I'd love a swerve, but I don't really believe it'll happen.

If Cena pulls the strings there is no reason for them (Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns) to let Punk retain the title. Why should Cena would want to lose the match and not to win the title. If he wants to lose he can do this alone.

This is a reasonable reason why the Shield is here. From someone else on a different forum.

So what's going to happen?

The Obvious

1. Paul Heyman hired The Shield to protect Punk because deep down he feels Punk is too weak to hold on to the title by himself. The way Heyman is always seen clutching the title to his chest might suggest that he is using Punk to forge himself a position of power. Eventually Punk discovers this and starts to doubt himself. This causes Punk to lose to the Rock at the Rumble. Heyman dumps Punk, BAM Punk face turn (too soon?). Heyman could then get Lesnar involved somehow.

This is a reasonable reason why the Shield is here. From someone else on a different forum.

So what's going to happen?

The Obvious

1. Paul Heyman hired The Shield to protect Punk because deep down he feels Punk is too weak to hold on to the title by himself. The way Heyman is always seen clutching the title to his chest might suggest that he is using Punk to forge himself a position of power. Eventually Punk discovers this and starts to doubt himself. This causes Punk to lose to the Rock at the Rumble. Heyman dumps Punk, BAM Punk face turn (too soon?). Heyman could then get Lesnar involved somehow.

Ooo, that could work, despite me feeling that the Rock shouldn't have the title though...

Nah. Just another faction that already has shown a weakness this early into the game. They only beat up heels and are struggling with Ryback.

I don't see how they're showing weakness. Were you expecting Ryback not to fight back valiantly? They had to make him and the Shield look good.

Ryback fought back.. and successfully did so until Punk cowardly jumped him from behind (and even he almost couldn't get the job done.) The Shield, alone, could not handle Ryback after only 2 weeks.

This is why the Nexus is already better than the Shield. At least they hauled ass for a couple of pay per views.

Nah. Just another faction that already has shown a weakness this early into the game. They only beat up heels and are struggling with Ryback.

I don't see how they're showing weakness. Were you expecting Ryback not to fight back valiantly? They had to make him and the Shield look good.

Ryback fought back.. and successfully did so until Punk cowardly jumped him from behind (and even he almost couldn't get the job done.) The Shield, alone, could not handle Ryback after only 2 weeks.

This is why the Nexus is already better than the Shield. At least they hauled ass for a couple of pay per views.

The Nexus couldn't do it alone either, they always kicked ass in a gang type way just like the Shield did. If they were weak, they would have run away when Ryback did get the upperhand for the time being.

Archived