Steely Ed's Tron Thread: Hacked Bad Influence, AJ No One, Hernandez

Steely Ed

Glad to see people enjoying the Kaz & Daniels tron, it's probably been my favourite to do so far. The fact the shape was a simple triangle meant that it wasn't too hard to PT it at different angles, to get the rotating effect. The hardest part was lining up the camera angles in Highlight Reel mode, so the zoom or positioning didn't change between shots. I had to stick post it notes to my TV to line it up :lol: .

Anyways, just uploaded Doug Williams & a British Invasion tron. I had done most of the work for the Magnus tron, so it didn't take much effort to rework the PTs for these 2.

EDIT - Just put up a Madison Rayne tron. Not sure if it has uploaded properly though, isn't showing up in searches for me. I might try and upload it again tomorrow if it isn't actually up.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've checked the Madison Rayne tron, and it is showing up ok on CC, so if anyone wants it, go grab it.

I've also finished and uploaded a Mickie James tron. This one is a little different, as I've used Raida NGP's Mickie CAW to recreate the video segments in her

entrance video. Let me now what you think.

Tags are Steely Ed

Btw iGenerator, if you want to catch up on Tna, recent episodes can be found on youtube, if you search for impact wrestling and the air date.

Any chance youre doin a Dudley Boyz tron?

Possibly. I don't think I'll have time to do one this week, so it could be quite a while til I manage to do one. I'm still undecided on which tron to do for them. I would like to do the "Drop the Bombshell tron"

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_wj7iYLR8 ), but to do that proper justice, I'd need to get my hands on the silhouette Bubba and D'Von portraits as a paint tool. There's no way on earth I could PT those, so it would require some assistance from some texturers.

To be honest, I probably ought to get round to a Bully Ray tron first - it's pretty simple, but I've been feeling lazy, and all the back of his mechanic shirt PT's on CC aren't accurate enough, and I've not summoned the motivation to draw it myself yet lol.

First page updated, Bully Ray Tron now on CC. Added Madison Rayne screenshot to first page.

Extra Edit: Uploaded Abyss Tron & Robbie E tron to CC.

Stay tuned, I'm going to add a tutorial post showing how I make the trons, so everyone else can have a go themselves.

Tron Tutorial

This is a short guide to show how I make some of these trons. I've been getting a lot of requests, so I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the methods I've been using. Making trons isn't too difficult, the most difficult thing you may need is some skill at making PTs, so it's something that everyone can try. Certainly, it's a lot easier to make a good tron than it is to make a good CAW!

References

Youtube is your friend. For WWE trons, it's normally pretty easy to find the original tron on Youtube. Open it up, maybe snap some screenshots of logos and stuff so you've got something to look at when paint tooling. For TNA stuff, some trons make it onto Youtube, but in other cases, you'll be working from matches/clips. Again, grab some screenshots of the tron to work from.

TNA trons are normally fairly easy, as they tend to mainly use logos and text. WWE trons tend to use video clips too, so you might need some good CAWs to work with too.

Paint Tools

Here's a step by step of how I made the PTs for the Madison Rayne tron. The first step I take with text, is to set it out using the in game Letter designs. Obviously the font isn't correct, but it lets you work out letter placement and spacing. It tends to be easier if you start from the middle letter, and place them outwards.

ptwip1.jpg

After this, I start hacking the existing letters, and redrawing the letters to match the original font.

ptwip2.jpg

Now, I am half way through the letters. A good tip, is to make use of existing altered letters, to cut the work down. Here, I copy the whole PT to another slot, and erase everything but the letter A. Then I can add it to the original PT over the A in Rayne. Keeps things nice and consistent.

ptwip3.jpg

The final PT:

ptfinal.jpg

Of course, in some instances, you can grab useful PTs from CC. Takes a lot of the work out of it!

The Arena

Now, we need to get the logos where we can use them. To do this, create a new arena. The aim is to put the logos somewhere nice and flat, where we can zoom the camera in on the logos. I tend to use the ring apron most of the time. Other useful places include the barricade, or the minitrons.

wipcaa.jpg

Sometimes, if you want a textured background, you can make use of the existing patterns for the ring apron. Last year, I used the chain link ring apron pattern as background for a Bobby Roode tron.

Some limitations to bear in mind: in CAA, you can use either 2 different 256x256 PTs, or 8 different 128x128 PTs. So, if you plan on using lots of different logos, you may have to use low res PTs. Also, the ring apron can take a maximum of 16 logos split across the 2 groups, which can be a bit limiting.

Recording

When the arena is finished, start an exhibition match in your newly created arena. If you want to upload a tron to CC, and are not using CAWs for video clips, then use in game wrestlers. This should prevent any difficulties with CC blocking your upload due to using created content.

Start the match, and fool around in the middle of the ring for a few seconds. Then hit pause, and record a highlight reel video clip.

wiprecord.jpg

If you've placed your logos close to the corners of the apron, you may wish to move the ring steps before recording your clip.

Creating the Highlight Reel

After you've finished your match, go to Create A Highlight Reel mode. Add your newly recorded video clip. Next, change the camera angle. To focus one the ring apron logos, I use a "Free" angle camera, with 1 level of zoom out from the default. I move the camera until its low and close to the apron, so the whole screen is filled with the PT logos.

wipreel.jpg

You can experiment with several sets of logos on the apron, and cutting between them, to create animation effects. Transitions are also useful, you can cross fade between clips, or place a zoom in transition in the middle of a clip to zoom in on some text.

Keep in mind, if you are recording a complex tron with multiple video clips - all video clips must be from the same match they are used in a single Reel. Also, a maximum of 10 clips can be used in one Highlight Reel.

Finalise your Reel, and save it. Finally, select Custom Entrance Movie from the Create a Highlight Reel menu to convert your Reel into an entrance video to use in Create an Entrance.

Well hopefully that helps out, I'd love to see more people producing Titantrons! :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

ED!!!! GET THE TABLES!!!

Any chance youve been working on a Dudley Boys tron?

Hi Dominus. I haven't started the Dudley Boyz tron yet, I was going to start last weekend, but I only got an hour or 2 on the Xbox, so I only managed to finish the Velvet tron I'd already started.

Hopefully, I should get a decent bit of time on the game this weekend, and I intend to at least make a start on the Dudleys tron. Also, I don't suppose you've seen any good Dudleys on CC in this attire (see below)?

dudleysattires.jpg

I vaguely recall seeing some in the Wrestlers forum, but I can't find the topic now. If I could get my hands on them, it would make tron recording a lot easier.

All this depends on me not getting snowed in at work on Friday. Current forecast is no snow, then heavy snow between 11am and 5pm on Friday. Which sucks - I don't mind getting snowed in at home, but at work? On a Friday? Ain't nobody got time for that!

NB this snow is British snow, which obviously is pathetic and wimpy by American or Scandinavian standards, but enough to send our pathetic transport infrastructure into complete meltdown.

I'm guessing we're obviously talking 360 here.. Shock_800 did a VERY good Bully Ray.... As for Devon, so far there are some very so-so versions as far as TNA/Aces & Eights versions go. Cybruis is working on one right now that looks downright amazing. He's just waiting to get some decent pictures of tats to give the CAW and he should be finished with it.

I'm guessing we're obviously talking 360 here.. Shock_800 did a VERY good Bully Ray.... As for Devon, so far there are some very so-so versions as far as TNA/Aces & Eights versions go. Cybruis is working on one right now that looks downright amazing. He's just waiting to get some decent pictures of tats to give the CAW and he should be finished with it.

Yeah, I've got Shock's Bully, it's great. I suppose if I can't find the Bubba Ray attire on CC, I could always copy Bully to another slot and re-attire him myself.

EDIT - Robbie T Tron uploaded. Now that's done, I can get get to deleting some PTs, so I'll have some slots free to work with. Enjoy Big(ger) Rob fans!

Yeah there are a few ED. if you dont focus on their faces a lot in the vid it wont be bad, the attires is what counts. Ill look tonight and get u the names of the ones i use, as they have that attire and are pretty decent.

Thanks Dominus. I made some good progress on the Dudley's tron at the weekend, I got most of the PT logos done, just got one more to do, plus recording the clips and editing. Should have it finished on Friday. :)

Any chance of you making a Tron for Tessmacher? Nice work on all the trons you have posted BTW.

I'm planning on making a tron for Tessmacher, her and Gail Kim are the only Knockouts left to do for a full current roster. I'm probably going to create a hacked tron remake for these two, as I've been doing some experimenting with Photoshop, WIndows Live Movie Maker and Brienj's editor (well, the 2012 version) to make some trons.

I already did one for Chavo, see screenshot below. If anyone is interested, I can upload the .enc files here. I have a Joey Ryan tron in the works also, using the same methods.

guerrero.png

Archived