Wade Barrett's next theme to be done by Manic Street Preachers?

BlackToxic

WWE wrestler Wade Barrett has reportedly convinced Manic Street Preachers to write and record the music he enters the ring to.

Barrett is known to be a fan of the Welsh band and has a tattoo which reads, "Culture, Alienation, Boredom and Despair" – lyrics from the band's 1992 single 'Little Baby Nothing'.

When James Dean Bradfield was told about the super-fan in a Q Magazine interview, the frontman said he was keen to help Barrett out by recording a new theme song for him.

"Let's just put this out there – if you're listening Wade Barrett we will do your *censored*ing theme tune – just get in touch," he said. "That would be the ultimate Situationist, bizarrest spectacle wouldn't it? Us being played over the airwaves in some enormodome in front of 20,000 mad Yanks in Colorado somewhere."

Barrett has since spoken about the offer on Twitter, saying he hopes that the band can get into the studio for him. "That last link was JDB from The Manic Street Preachers offering to record my theme song. Mind: Blown," he wrote.

Barrett also spoke to Digital Spy about the band's offer, stating: "I've let the guys in the WWE in the musical department know about it and they're going to get in touch with the Manics. So fingers crossed we'll get some new theme music in soon."

Wade Barrett is from Lancashire in England and entered WWE in June 2010.

Source: NME.COM

Not Massive news but i think it's pretty cool, i'm no fan of Barrett but it would be different to hear a band like the manics being played in WWE instead of the usual more american sounding bands they use for their themes.

Wade Barrett is from Lancashire? Holy sh*t thats where I was born... Cant believe I didn't know that.

And a theme from MSP would be awesome for Barrett. Im so glad he's strayed away from his stereotypical "English gentleman" gimmick with the dress coat and rose in his pocket.. And has gone to just a badass British brawler. The Manic Street Preachers would suit Barretts character nicely, and it'll be nice to hear something different.

That's cool to hear that Barrett's fanboyism will be tended to with his own custom theme. Looking forward to hearing it, especially since his current theme is meh at best.

Im so glad he's strayed away from his stereotypical "English gentleman" gimmick with the dress coat and rose in his pocket.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but he brought back his swag jacket a week ago.

That's cool to hear that Barrett's fanboyism will be tended to with his own custom theme. Looking forward to hearing it, especially since his current theme is meh at best.

Im so glad he's strayed away from his stereotypical "English gentleman" gimmick with the dress coat and rose in his pocket.

Really? I've been fast forwarding a lot of RAW and completely avoiding Smackdown for a few weeks now

Well I guess he's still going with the bare knuckle brawling gimmick, right? So he's not as stereotypical as most English wrestler that come a long. As long as he doesn't turn into Sheamus 2.0 by drinking tea and calling everyone "mate".

Wade Barrett is from Lancashire? Holy sh*t thats where I was born... Cant believe I didn't know that.

He's from Preston which is in Lancashire.

And if you were born in Lancashire then it appears you're not too far away from me, unless you've moved somewhere else anyway. Bolton was once part of it, but the Boundaries changed and it was taken out.

He's from Preston which is in Lancashire.

And if you were born in Lancashire then it appears you're not too far away from me, unless you've moved somewhere else anyway. Bolton was once part of it, but the Boundaries changed and it was taken out.

Yeah I was born in Lancaster, which isn't that far from Preston. I moved to Cambridgeshire when I was about 4 though.

Either way, Im hereby claiming Wade as my hometown hero.

Really? I've been fast forwarding a lot of RAW and completely avoiding Smackdown for a few weeks now

Well I guess he's still going with the bare knuckle brawling gimmick, right? So he's not as stereotypical as most English wrestler that come a long. As long as he doesn't turn into Sheamus 2.0 by drinking tea and calling everyone "mate".

Yeah, the jacket is back simply for swag. He's still a bare-knuckle brawler complete with a Chuck Norris beard.

Yeah, the jacket is back simply for swag. He's still a bare-knuckle brawler complete with a Chuck Norris beard.

When did he bring it back? Could have sworn he wore a t-shirt for every match. But if he has it again, awesome! I love that coat and I love his taunt that goes with it.

Archived