PyroTechnyks WWE 13 Original CAWs Showcase

PyroTechnyks

I've added previews for "The Rocker" Aubrey Desrochers and "The FIre-Eyed Falcon" Malta Ferrera.

I've been making Aubrey since 2009. She started out with a tag team partner, but I ended up deleting her partner and she ended up in as a singles competitor. In her original incarnation, she was a rival to Frigyd and the two constantly fought over the the women's title in my fed. Last year she was based heavily on the "leather" look from Judas Priest. This year I've gone for a little more of a traditional attire while still blending in some elements of the inspiration. She's also based on the Hart Family and other associated members: Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Natalya, and Tyson Kidd, specifically. Those are also her moveset inspirations as well, with her finisher being the Sharpshooter, among other moves. Wikipedia them if need be. You'll get an idea of what the moveset looks like.

I originally made Malta Ferrera last year as a tag team partner for Vega. This year however, the same thing happened, I've decided to put her into singles competition. Maybe a rivalry will form from the split, I dunno yet. She's another highflyer and I really like this gimmick a lot. It gives off a little bit of a "phoenix"-vibe, so I've gone in a bit of a different direction. I'm still compiling ideas for her moveset, but it will be based on the stylings of Takuya Sugi, PAC, and a few others.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff, sir. Good stuff indeed. :D

Thank ya. 8-)

I was able to crank out a decent moveset for Malta earlier today. I gave her a Phoenix Splash, called "Falcon Splash", as a custom signature move and one of her finishers is another custom special called the "Blazing Falcon Splash" - being a double rotation 450 Splash, so I guess a 900 Splash. :lol:

I'm gonna do some CPU matches to see what kind of highlights I can get and I'll mash them together for a highlight reel and post that a little bit later on tonight hopefully.

Lookin' pretty good.

:D

Here's a Highlight Reel of Frigyd Wintyrs VS Aubrey Desrochers (with a bit of a preview for my Fatale Attraction arena):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZARkRM4tJI

I did a test with the Highlight Reel Editor and this is what I ended up with. I realize now I overdid it with the transitions and didn't notice how messy they make the video. Sorry about that. I'll take note not to do that again next time.

Welp, looks like Aubrey and Malta were deleted from the CC. Figures. Whatever. If anyone wants them, I'll reupload them.

I started working on "The Crimson Tornado" Yumori Tanaka, and Emu Kid. I'll probably bust out Immortal, Phoenyx, and a few other appearances too. I hate doing movesets in this game. >.<

For Yumori, I decided to return to her attire from SvR 2010. It will look similar to this (without the mask):

ymitwo.jpg

Her name is a play on Zangief's "Red Cyclone". As you can probably tell, she borrows heavily from Jushin Liger. All the way down to the signature brain buster. She uses a lot of strikes; mostly various kick attacks. Her finishers are the "Kurimuzontorune-do"; literally meaning "Crimson Tornado"; A double rotation tornado DDT from the corner, and the "Kurimuzonfurasshu" meaning "Crimson Flash"; superkick.

Here's a short preview of Emu Kid and another CAW I'm working on, "The Demon King" Orochi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNCLeeNBjI&list=HL1354523858&feature=mh_lolz

The movesets are default Undertaker and Sin Cara. I just wanted to get something up and didn't feel like posting preview screenshots right now. I'm thinking about giving Immortal a new "redeemed" gimmick, or I will turn him heel and team him up with this guy. I don't know yet. I might post a preview video for Yumori tomorrow if I get around to doing her moveset.

Thor sez:

FfUpK.gif

"These CAWS...I like them."

gJQjs.gif

"ANOTHER!!!"

Why thank you, Thor.

Here's a preview of "The Crimson Tornado" Yumori Tanaka in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VHetWieyw

And a clip I meant to put in the video, but missed it somehow:

Featuring: Hurricanrana, Ring Side Cross Body spot, Repeated Corner Kicks (Signature), Brain Buster (Signature), Kurimuzontorune-do - "Crimson Tornado" (Tornado DDT CAF), and Kurimuzonfurasshu - "Crimson Flash" (Superkick Finisher)

Her opponent in the video is another creation of mine, solely for these videos, Jobberella. I might turn her into a new character at some point in the future, but for now she'll be my female jobber. :lol:

I will no longer be doing template requests for 360 users. I remembered why I hated doing them: They take forever and I don't have much patience for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite enjoy this kind of mixture between, not quite massively detailed but not fundamentally basic either. Very nicely balanced, and some of the entrance gear as mentioned, is quite nice. Good work overall.

Thanks. :)

I try to keep my CAWs' attires a little on the basic side because I can't stand cluttered up attires at all. Sometimes it works for some outfits, sometimes it doesn't.

I tend to almost exclusively make more basic forms of attires as well, partly as a throwback to older styles of wrestling - and partly because I cannot use PT to any effective measure to save my life lol

I'd say you've done a fantastic job of blending the two. Keep up the good work.

I do what I can despite not being good at using the PT. I think I used it once last year and that was to make a specific design for an alt attire.

I can't bothered doing movesets in this game. WAY too many for me to go through. No wonder I don't have as many CAWs created this year. I still haven't done Orochi's or Emu Kid's moves yet since I made them almost 2 weeks ago. And then when I do get a CAW made, someone else, by absolute coincedence, posts something almost the same. I'm not angry with anyone by that. Yay for being stuck in a creativity rut. :fedup:

I don't bothered with movesets, I usually just use a superstars moveset and adjust taunts, sigs and finishers.

As for posting stuff that is similar to someone elses work, it happens, a lot, at least WWE isn't stealing your ideas! My Tyberius Clay CAW has had the same body guard attire since 2010 and now we have The Shield using it.

Keep up the good work, hopefully you'll get out of your rut, I hate it when it happens, I just take a day or 2 away from creating and then go back to the game fresh and ready to mess around some more.

I don't bothered with movesets, I usually just use a superstars moveset and adjust taunts, sigs and finishers.

I don't have a problem coming up specific movesets. It's the oversaturation of the limb targeting moves that drives me nuts. I played the game the other day with a friend of mine, and he agreed that it's way too many moves. Sure, it gives you a ton of options, but I hardly use the majority of them.

I don't have a problem coming up specific movesets. It's the oversaturation of the limb targeting moves that drives me nuts. I played the game the other day with a friend of mine, and he agreed that it's way too many moves. Sure, it gives you a ton of options, but I hardly use the majority of them.

What's more is the AI hardly even uses the LTS either. That's one of the things I'm not a fan of this year. Yes, the AI is more aggressive, but it's not smarter. If you make a CAW that targets the legs 60% of the time, and has two leg submissions as finishers, they get smoked because the AI won't use the moves needed to set up the finishers. Not unless you give them a move set that targets the legs 85-90%, which is a boring move set since leg moves count for a meager 8% of the total amount of moves in the game.

Here's a video I made for "The Black Dragon" Kaishida Tachibana:

I seem to change her gimmick every year. In SvR '09 she looked like Glacier (from WCW), in SvR '10 and SvR '11 she looked like a typical ninja, in WWE '12 she was the "female Immortal", and now this year, with the help of the Super Dragon mask, well, this is what she looks like now.

Signatures: Parallel Snapmare; Rolling Elbow

Finishers: Snap Dragon Combo (CAF); Ultimate Impaler (Corner Top Rope Backstabber)

I might get her uploaded to the CC later on tonight.

• 2 months later...

Just a heads-up for anyone wondering:

It's been almost three months since I've had anything to do with the game. Truth be told, some of the glaring bugs, and the whole THQ bankruptcy thing, killed all of my motivation to create anything. I haven't kept up with anything really wrestling-related either.

It's highly unlikely that I'll be sharing anything new in a while. Maybe if 2K comes up with a patch, it may renew interest. Basically, if you were ever expecting anything else from me, don't.

Besides that I've been investing most of my time with Skyrim and a few other PC-only games.

I'm just glad we're actually getting a new game. Here's hoping in the hands of Take 2 the series progresses...especially since the developers will have a MUCH larger budget to work with. And as an avid 2KSport player (NBA of course) I can say that they patch the CRAP out their games. So while WWE13 might pretty much be "done" as far as content and patches, WWE14 will be patched frequently when bugs and glitches are found.

Archived