WWE '14 should be an expansion of WWE '13, and here's why.

KNekoSpy

The way I see it, THQ is NEVER going to be able to top '13 in terms of the roster, content, arenas...They can never simply 'go back' with '14 to a just all present era setting and take out all the neat arenas and stars they put in this one. No way, no how. Unless this is their last WWE game, they have to make the next one top this somehow will still expanding on what '13 gave us. Seeing as how they have limited disc space and budget, I think they should do a similar deal like they did with LOWM and the Smackdown they had that year.

1. Allow an 'Import from WWE 13' feature. This would allow any CAWs, Arenas, Belts, Superstars from that disc to be imported into 14. You'd probably need a hard drive for this kind of thing. You could have the same roster as last time plus any new stars.
  2. Make WWE '14's Attitude Era mode 1999-20002, including the Invasion. Most of the game's extra stars would be WCW and ECW invasion stars, so there's not as much overlap from WWE '13.
  3. Universe 4.0, bug fixes, etc.

This way the consumer gets the best of both products without having to sacrifice last year's content for a lesser roster and bug fixes.

The way I see it, THQ is NEVER going to be able to top '13 in terms of the roster, content, arenas...They can never simply 'go back' with '14 to a just all present era setting and take out all the neat arenas and stars they put in this one. No way, no how. Unless this is their last WWE game, they have to make the next one top this somehow will still expanding on what '13 gave us. Seeing as how they have limited disc space and budget, I think they should do a similar deal like they did with LOWM and the Smackdown they had that year.

1. Allow an 'Import from WWE 13' feature. This would allow any CAWs, Arenas, Belts, Superstars from that disc to be imported into 14. You'd probably need a hard drive for this kind of thing. You could have the same roster as last time plus any new stars.
  2. Make WWE '14's Attitude Era mode 1999-20002, including the Invasion. Most of the game's extra stars would be WCW and ECW invasion stars, so there's not as much overlap from WWE '13.
  3. Universe 4.0, bug fixes, etc.

This way the consumer gets the best of both products without having to sacrifice last year's content for a lesser roster and bug fixes.

I totally agree with this, I still believe thq at least thought they were going under and thats why this game is stacked with great content I've had it since last wednesday and I think it's the best product they have put out since HCTP now I did love svr 2006 however this game has most of the things that had and more that I like. baring SVR06 every one was a step back and total Trash.

For WWE'14 I would love for them to just pick up the attitude mode at Backlash 99 and go to WM17 I would like it to go on for longer but I'm just thinking of contracts aside from that everything from this one should be kept and expanded as you said.

Agreed entirely...at least in terms of the import feature. If they don't allow for import, the game will be a failure from day one. I don't think they necessarily need to continue with the attitude theme for the story itself, but I would be in favor of it...or Ruthless Aggression. Either way, the main thing is import.

Why do people want an invasion themed WWE game............... the whole wasnt great on WWE TV so just replaying it would mean the game wouldnt be great! I agree with the whole import part though.

Next years game will be a current day game with no theme. THQ and WWE would have spent a lot of monay on 13 to get licensees etc from no WWE workers......... which is why I think next year it will be modern day (because the already own all the rights.) Just a theory but could be likely. It would also mean that now they have set this bar in terms of roster size they could include the entire roster (NXT and those who have missed out/debuting soon etc)

For SVR 11, they seemed to be running out of new places to go with the game (apart from weapons physics), so they highlighted it with Bret Hart being one of the main superstars in it. If they were to do the same for next year, who could they shock us with? We've already had savage, etc.. I don't want to seem naive by suggesting Owen, but who knows.. Maybe it would just be cheaper for them to continue with a 90's or invasion theme

I'm going to tell you why this fails, importing isn't as simple as carrying over the character models. To get them in the next game, import or not, they'd have to go through the same exact process. Everybody in the game would have to be licensed again. Scottie Pippen almost didn't make it in NBA 2K13 this year, even though multiple Bulls teams have been in for the last 2 years, this is because he hadn't signed on for this year, and wanted more money. Chris Webber isn't in 2k13, although his era Kings team is carried over from last years DLC, he simply wasn't signed in for this year. A new game means new royalties regulardless of if it's a copy & paste job. And space isn't an issue as far as on the disc, because the disc isn't even filled all the way anyway, but it's still not as simple as since they were in the last game they can automatically be in this one and not take up space. Actually, this ridiculous to even think that. On LOW the current era guys were already on the disk, having the SVR game save on your system merely unlocked them.

Saying there's no way that THQ can top this years roster and arenas is dumb to say too, because, well for one the game hasn't even had its street release date and for two you don't know the future. I think they know they've backed themselves in a perverbial corner and have already started working on the next game, and who knows what tricks they can pull out if there sleeve.

I'm really not trying to bash you, but it's obvious you weren't well informed before making this hypothetical thread.

I agree, next year they probably are going to do from where this leaves off to Wrestlemania 17, and maybe even 18 for the sake of star power, actually, I think they have to due 18 because Kevin Nash has a 3 game deal, and I doubt they'll be able to squeeze him in the current roster next year, but he was at Mania 18.

The biggest problem is the closer we get to current time we run into more roster issues, because some guys are active in other companies or have issues WWE may want to shy away from.

I really just think that, some way, for future titles, they should keep expanding on the roster, at least, if nothing else.

Or at least allow what SvR10 and LoW did and have a new game but allow Superstars to be transferred into the new game.

Can one of the MODS please close this topic. Every year once the new game is relased these cheeseheads always start with wwe 14, and when thats out it wwe 15,,,,,,blah blah blah enough is enough enjoy what yyou have now and maybe in 6 months start the wwe 14 threads! Holy crap..... :steiner:

Actually, an InVasion theme would be pretty cool.

Id rather see a classic WWF era from 1985 - 1989 or a WCW roster but done properly this time.

Their was no excuse to call WWE 12 a WCW theme to it and then have a couple WWE guys classed as WCW wrestlers chuck in a couple arenas and claim its got WCW in it.

Should of had 40 WCW Wrestlers and 20 WCW Arenas put in the game from the start.

Id rather see a classic WWF era from 1985 - 1989 or a WCW roster but done properly this time.

Their was no excuse to call WWE 12 a WCW theme to it and then have a couple WWE guys classed as WCW wrestlers chuck in a couple arenas and claim its got WCW in it.

Should of had 40 WCW Wrestlers and 20 WCW Arenas put in the game from the start.

I would love to see those 2 games mainly one I wasn't born until 91 do I could learn a lot n second I didn't watch WCW so I would love those theme based games

If you mean the invasion concept, yes. But if you mean taking the Invasion era/timeframe itself and putting it into a video game, then no. I'd love to see WCW, WWF, and ECW guys all in a video game, with some of the perks from each promotion (ex: more weapons in ECW mode, or whatever it would be), but the Invasion was pretty passable in my opinion when it came to talent. Not saying they had bad talents, I'm just saying that they could have used bigger stars such as Sandman, Hogan, Hall, Nash, Sabu, Terry Funk, etc.

But anyways, on topic I agree with OP. WWE games are never really updated enough to warrant a new disc, and another $65, so I'd just rather them take one game, and release a massive $20-$30 DLC pack every 6 months-year containing new moves, arenas, attires, characters etc; though I realize this will never happen.

Archived