Got the game this morning, been hibernating! :)

SVRmaster2012

Wow, one guy will say AI is dumber and not aggressive and then another will say its better and smarter,lol. Can't know until we play it ourselves, I guess,lol. At least there's disagreement, so I have hope the AI isn't screwed this year.

From what I've seen on here and on YouTube comments is that the AI is a lot smarter and more aggressive, I think the people who are saying that the AI is the same or dumbed down are just trying to make themselves seem better at the game.

One guy said on Youtube that if you have it on Legend and Epic a match can last an easy 30 minutes, this to me is simply outstanding.

who knows

the last guy that said it was a bad AI actually played multiple matches. Most of the others, like this thread, seem to have only played a limited number of matches. Most of you guys seem way more concerned with Kane's mask, Punk's shirt options, or create an arena colors and not match quality.

This is THQ we are talking about. I imagine the AI still has issues but may be improved from last year. I'm almost positive that nobody is saying it sucks just to brag.

I swear to god that thq could make a WWE fashion game that just lets you change superstars' clothes and hair styles and most of you guys would love it.

AI is so much better this year. Played a triple threat Cage me with me (the rock), my mate (punk) and CPU (cena). We played on hard with epic match setting. He had an amazing 35 minute match, all three of us were bleeding and cena won. I was climbing the cage, he hit the FU on punk then pulled me down off the top to win. Best match I've had on a game since no mercy

I like that you at least have the option to interfere and discontinue a story.

Yea I agree, i havent really dug into Universe yet but if this means what i think it means then now we'll be able to start or cancel a feud before it even happens.

Congrats on getting the game!,In Create a Special Move can I now do a gut kick&a stunner or do I have to do a Stunner Clutch again??,IF we actually can then how does it look?

Nope i was hoping the same thing. But I still made a great looking Stunner, I used the beginning middle fingers taunt, then one of the clutches i thought wasn't that bad, then a stunner (where the opponent doesnt flop around). I could be wrong but I swear i think the stunner clutch animation is smoother this year.

Is their any new big boots that doesn't flip the opponent over?

Don't see any, but there could be one that comes with one of the many superstars that i haven't unlocked yet.

I have a quick question that i keep hearing about.

What happens if you use a move meant for the front (IE a diving move to a standing opponent) on the back of an opponent. I keep hearing that the animation will now line up well with the move.

I can answer this one. I was watching a stream earlier and one player kept spamming the springboard dropkick as HBK and Kane sold it as a shot to the back and it connected beautifully. So diving attacks (strikes at least) seem to adjust to for front or back. Now, I don't know if things like splashes adjust into clotheslines and such when facing the wrong way but I know that diving strikes change.

Yup ^ just what he said.

Just curious is unmasked Kane an alt attire?

No I highly doubt it.

Im still editing movesets guys! haha Im just one of those people who has to have accurate movesets. I just made a great signature for HBK, where he does the hurricana and starts punches the opponent after flipping onto him. I also had to make a 2nd Rock bottom for the Rock, I dont know i just don't really dig the slow one he has this year. But i left him with both Bottoms as finishers and put his People's elbow as a sig (this is for 98'-Rock). After going through these movesets I have to say im suprised at how many signature moves they have in for Foley this year, i mean he has his tree of woe running elbow, corner punches, rope clothesline and a few others. He has more signature moves than people like Austin has, which is weird. *shrugs*

3 Hours Later: Been playing the AE Mode. First off i gotta say, the graphics are on another level on this game, I mean seriously, you have to play this on an 1080 HD TV. The matches are so fluid. The only thing i just noticed though, I edited Mankind, HBK, Rock's and Austin's movesets before starting AE mode and for some reason the changes i made does not affect their moveset in AE mode. I was very disappointed when i realized this. But I quickly say *censored* it and kept playing. AE Mode has really blown me away really. Makes me feel like a kid again. The arenas and entrances you may have saw on the videos look 10x better when you play them on an HDTV, and the crowd is also on another level. Here and there you notice some things aren't exactly 100% accurate to how it happened in real life. But still close enough to give you that nostalgic feeling. Right now im half way through the DX mode. Seems like the farther I go, the harder the AI gets (on normal), I lose to dude love and had to restart the match. I was like WOW. Alright, back to the game. Just wanted to check in and give you guys an update. (If anyone cares lol)

Eh...I only have 720p....but on a 32in screen one can hardly tell the difference anyway. I can't have too big of a screen or I get headaches. I think the AE mode is independent with movesets because some of the moves are probably required to complete certain objectives.

Can we have title matches on ppvs and tv in Universe? This has been something everybody seems to have a different take on.

Yes, you have to go under specialty matches and pick Title match. The shortcut of pressing L1 then Square to set it up isnt there now.

2 quick questions:

1. Can you save alt' attires in Universe mode or do you have to change them manually after each match?

2. Have you seen any branching storylines (3 choices) in Universe mode? A LOT of people are saying they're not in after THQ advertised them in the official Universe trailer. If not, what about turning off a storyline ie forming/breaking up tag teams, and seeing if you've complete manual control over tag team relationships.

Thanks for answering.

please need an awnser .... can you change the participants in mitb matches this year without mess it up or its just like last year

2.... can you cash it in on every titles or just the wwe and world heavyweight championship ? big thank you !

who knows

the last guy that said it was a bad AI actually played multiple matches. Most of the others, like this thread, seem to have only played a limited number of matches. Most of you guys seem way more concerned with Kane's mask, Punk's shirt options, or create an arena colors and not match quality.

This is THQ we are talking about. I imagine the AI still has issues but may be improved from last year. I'm almost positive that nobody is saying it sucks just to brag.

I swear to god that thq could make a WWE fashion game that just lets you change superstars' clothes and hair styles and most of you guys would love it.

Agree with this. Then when the game comes out and everyone has it they're gonna be complaining about glitches here and there, bad controls, the AI, the game freezes and how no one warned them about this when so many people already have the game and all people are asking is what new moves have been re-animated and what's new in superstar threads.

How have so many people got this game early? I am so jealous of all of you right now. :P

Yes I know how you feel, i wish everyone could have it right now too.

2 quick questions:

1. Can you save alt' attires in Universe mode or do you have to change them manually after each match?

2. Have you seen any branching storylines (3 choices) in Universe mode? A LOT of people are saying they're not in after THQ advertised them in the official Universe trailer. If not, what about turning off a storyline ie forming/breaking up tag teams, and seeing if you've complete manual control over tag team relationships.

Thanks for answering.

Sorry brotha, i havent played any Universe yet, just messed around with the menu to see what we can and can't do. Looks great this year with being able to edit rankings and stuff.

Can we have title matches on ppvs and tv in Universe? This has been something everybody seems to have a different take on.

Yes for sure this is one of the first things i checked, scheduled a match for raw with no problem.

I like that you at least have the option to interfere and discontinue a story.

Yea I agree, i havent really dug into Universe yet but if this means what i think it means then now we'll be able to start or cancel a feud before it even happens.

Congrats on getting the game!,In Create a Special Move can I now do a gut kick&a stunner or do I have to do a Stunner Clutch again??,IF we actually can then how does it look?

Nope i was hoping the same thing. But I still made a great looking Stunner, I used the beginning middle fingers taunt, then one of the clutches i thought wasn't that bad, then a stunner (where the opponent doesnt flop around). I could be wrong but I swear i think the stunner clutch animation is smoother this year.

Is their any new big boots that doesn't flip the opponent over?

Don't see any, but there could be one that comes with one of the many superstars that i haven't unlocked yet.

I have a quick question that i keep hearing about.

What happens if you use a move meant for the front (IE a diving move to a standing opponent) on the back of an opponent. I keep hearing that the animation will now line up well with the move.

I can answer this one. I was watching a stream earlier and one player kept spamming the springboard dropkick as HBK and Kane sold it as a shot to the back and it connected beautifully. So diving attacks (strikes at least) seem to adjust to for front or back. Now, I don't know if things like splashes adjust into clotheslines and such when facing the wrong way but I know that diving strikes change.

Yup ^ just what he said.

Just curious is unmasked Kane an alt attire?

No I highly doubt it.

Im still editing movesets guys! haha Im just one of those people who has to have accurate movesets. I just made a great signature for HBK, where he does the hurricana and starts punches the opponent after flipping onto him. I also had to make a 2nd Rock bottom for the Rock, I dont know i just don't really dig the slow one he has this year. But i left him with both Bottoms as finishers and put his People's elbow as a sig (this is for 98'-Rock). After going through these movesets I have to say im suprised at how many signature moves they have in for Foley this year, i mean he has his tree of woe running elbow, corner punches, rope clothesline and a few others. He has more signature moves than people like Austin has, which is weird. *shrugs*

3 Hours Later: Been playing the AE Mode. First off i gotta say, the graphics are on another level on this game, I mean seriously, you have to play this on an 1080 HD TV. The matches are so fluid. The only thing i just noticed though, I edited Mankind, HBK, Rock's and Austin's movesets before starting AE mode and for some reason the changes i made does not affect their moveset in AE mode. I was very disappointed when i realized this. But I quickly say *censored* it and kept playing. AE Mode has really blown me away really. Makes me feel like a kid again. The arenas and entrances you may have saw on the videos look 10x better when you play them on an HDTV, and the crowd is also on another level. Here and there you notice some things aren't exactly 100% accurate to how it happened in real life. But still close enough to give you that nostalgic feeling. Right now im half way through the DX mode. Seems like the farther I go, the harder the AI gets (on normal), I lose to dude love and had to restart the match. I was like WOW. Alright, back to the game. Just wanted to check in and give you guys an update. (If anyone cares lol)

Eh...I only have 720p....but on a 32in screen one can hardly tell the difference anyway. I can't have too big of a screen or I get headaches. I think the AE mode is independent with movesets because some of the moves are probably required to complete certain objectives.

Yea i hear you bro, 720p is fine as well. And yea your right about that, because there are matches where you have to use certain moves to complete the match so i can see why changing the movesets could create a problem there. Too bad though because i put together the ultimate moveset for some of the guys like Michaels, Austin, Rock. But still having a blast so i cant complain.

If you just want to change the attire for a one of the superstars in fued when you edit it will it cancel fued?

I don't think so actually, i gotta double check but last time i changed attires and everything and it didnt say anything about canceling the fued until i went to match creator.

is that true if you unlock kane alt attire you can,t use it ?????

http://caws.ws/forum...ckables-glitch/

I just unlocked it last night, gonna check in a second soon as i get a chance to.

I work from home, so im like trying to stay on top of my job while i got WWE 13 staring right at me :o It's so hard, and im paid off commision which means i can slack off and not get fired but i won't get paid as well which sucks cause its the end of the month and rent is due in a couple days :/... but anyways guys I gotta tell you, AE Mode is AMAZING. I mean seriously, the last match i played last night was the match between Mankind vs. Kane at Survivor Series 97, I had to look it up on youtube to compare it to the game and it was spot on, with Kane's debut red lighting and everything. The match was kind of spooky, right before that, was the montreal screwjob, and man did they really capture the feeling that night.

Spoiler: Right before the match, it shows HHH and HBK in the locker room with Vince and Hunter yells "If he doesn't want to make the right business decision then we'll make it for him" (something like that), you have to lock on the sharpshooter after you wear Bret down for the scene to happen where vince rings the bell and bret spits on Vince, it was just great reliving that major moment.

I can't wait to play more, plan to work hard for at least the next 2-3 but play a little here and there. Oh and I checked out Story Designer last night, and man i was blown away but all the new scenes added! Theres so much scenes for me to work with now, i was drooling was looking at them, I mean like every scene from Universe (past couple years and this year) is in there! Some things suck though like not being able to wear entrance attire in the entrance scenes, and the fact that i didnt see really any new chants or crowd sounds but besides that its definitely a lot of content in there!

Master, have you experienced this glitch to where if you unlock something, you can't use it? And if so, what system are you playing on?

Not really, but I did just notice that the Kane debut lighting attire that i unlocked last night is still locked like other people mentioned. Weird, everything else ive unlocked so far is there though. *shrugs*

(Im on 360 by the way)

Hi I really need to clarify this . . .

Universe Mode

If I create a match between taker v hbk and wanted these guys to start fueding, next week the AI sets up a fatal 4 way match BUT! I want hbk & taker to fight each other in a special ref, tag etc . . . Will that actually cancel the fued just because I changed the match even though i kept the participants of the fued?

Archived