thq temporaly bans people with early copies

kidd0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. It says the ban will be lifted when the game is officially released.

2. If you want the game early, but don't want to be banned, just don't connect to XBL/PSN while you play it.

it's simple, you can still be connected, just DON'T use the online stuff. just play the non online part of the game. AE, universe, CAA ect.

Sounds fair to me, at least they are doing it so they can test the servers and ensure they are working when the game is officially released as opposed to doing it just to be dicks and punish those who somehow got the game early. And it's only a temporary banning IF you use the online features.

They do this every year I've gotten the game early and its not even a real banning. The servers will just always be down until hours after the midnight launch....possibly put up before then. If you have the game they wont actually ban you as I've just been told I cant connect to live until random hours like 7 or 9am where you get online and you may run into someone in the THQ office with a match set up for testing.

I definitely understand where they're coming from with this. At the same time, though, if it were me I'd want to encourage those who do have the game (even though they're not supposed to) to use whatever online services are already available. That's part of your pre-release test RIGHT THERE! If you're having issues before launch, you're gonna have swarms of pissed customers on release day if they don't catch it.

Plus, this is an WWE '13 Online Axxess ban, not a PSN/XBL ban isn't it? I don't see how that's punishing anybody if they're still working on the servers

Archived