Sons Of Anarchy Official Disscussion Thread

Broski Barrage

I feel like this whole season has been "meh" so far. I kinda feel like they're playing up the drama aspect of it for the female audience, and the action portion has been put on the backburner. I hope I'm wrong...but I kinda feel like this show might go the way of True Blood, which I enjoyed watching at one point, but now find completely absurd. Also, I'm finding that these hour and a half long episodes really drag. I wish they kept the show at one hour.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like this whole season has been "meh" so far. I kinda feel like they're playing up the drama aspect of it for the female audience, and the action portion has been put on the backburner. I hope I'm wrong...but I kinda feel like this show might go the way of True Blood, which I enjoyed watching at one point, but now find completely absurd. Also, I'm finding that these hour and a half long episodes really drag. I wish they kept the show at one hour.

---

I feel similiar. Also, are 90 minute episodes now the norm? Because I think it's gonna burn the show out fast if that's the case.

---

I feel similiar. Also, are 90 minute episodes now the norm? Because I think it's gonna burn the show out fast if that's the case.

I think next week is somewhere around 75 if I remember correctly. The season has been meh, kinda feels like season 3. It's just slowly burning until it all explodes and it gets exciting again.

About it getting exciting again...we'll see. I think the characters may have all run their course. I don't really like any of the characters at this point. They're all complete bitches. Tig is probably the most likable out of the guys who are left. He may be a complete psycho...but he still stands for something.

I agree. The show has run out of direction. Which is why I said earlier that I hope it doesn't end up like True Blood. I actually enjoyed that show for a season or two...then it became a melodramatic circle jerk for the female demographic...which is a direction that I could see SoA heading. They'll just spin angles around Jax being attractive to the female audience and stick him in stories where he keeps cheating on Tara. Can I begin to tell you the amount of backlash I saw on Facebook from female friends about Jax cheating on Tara? I don't want a show that's supposed to be about the lives of the members of a bike gang to become nothing more than a soap opera.

Did you know that guy played RoboCop? And next week, Robert Patrick is gonna be there? T-1000 and RoboCop, man. I'm actually okay with those guys being on the show, but I feel like most of the celebrity guest spots feel really tacked on. I really got that impression with Dave Navarro's character.

The only saving grace behind these long episodes is that it seems like this season is starting to kick into next gear, so hopefully it won't feel like the chore it has been to sit through an entire hour and a half long episode.

Archived