A picture says more than a thousand words.

RobinVanDutch

Untitled_zps9d8c11d2.png

Just take a look at this comparison. I'm not trying to bash THQ or anything they did a great job on the gameplay this year. But how is it possible TNA Impact can make such an amazing Booker T with their engine which is pretty outdated by now, and the WWE games are struggling to get good models. Can you imagine what we could do with CAWS if we had such amazing character models in the game. Should THQ go for a new engine? Or should they wait for the new consoles? Will they be able to make better character models on the new consoles?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that, but it also had fun gameplay. They had move interruptions long before SvR (and TNA's looked 10x better) I had a lot of fun playing with friends. I had some great Fatal Four ways... and a few epic Ultimate X 3 way matches. They originally promised two-thousand moves. I wonder what the game would of been like if Midway was in a better financial situation.

Not only that, but it also had fun gameplay. They had move interruptions long before SvR (and TNA's looked 10x better) I had a lot of fun playing with friends. I had some great Fatal Four ways... and a few epic Ultimate X 3 way matches. They originally promised two-thousand moves. I wonder what the game would of been like if Midway was in a better financial situation.

Indeed it was a very underrated game. Fun gameplay that is no where near the same as WWE games.

didnt THQ make tna impact so why did they mess up on bookers model so badly ?

No, Midway Games published it, and one of their internal studios (Midway L.A.) developed it. When Midway went bankrupt THQ bought the studio without the TNA license. In regards to the WWE games THQ is a publisher, and not a developer. They might do the mocap, online server, and a few other things but people always give them a lot more credit then they deserve.

Well, TNA Impact was also under development for years. They had a much smaller roster, and they obviously didn't put much effort into many modes. I agree his model is ugly, but THQ pumps these games out every 12 months with pretty decent updates and with a lot of improvements each time.

It's a give or take situation IMO.

Please don't give them ideas over a new engine, they are already struggling to even code something correctly and we all know what a disaster WWE12 turned out to be with all its glitches, bugs, freezes, online and more.

It was already rumoured that they might try another new engine for WWE 14 which I hope isn't true cause actually the problem with the graphics isn't the engine itself, it's the amount of triangles/polys they are using for their models and the talent of their own modelers.

Why? Cause I highly doubt that a new engine like that (thought I still think they just renamed their old engine after they updated it with a thing or two...) can only support low poly models or have such huge limitations.

The TNA game had very polished and high poly models (or at least great textures over their low poly models which isn't THAT hard to achieve), but their environment (arena, crowd and such) were very limited.

Through this their in game models were able to have a larger amount of polys since there was room for that.

I would personally prefer EA to take over. I know they are way less connected with their community and most of their games the servers are god awful. But they are known for their great gameplay and multiple gamemodes and their huge databases, I can already imagine the huge rosters. But this of course is just dreaming and they still have to deal with what the WWE wants.

I wish there would be another wrestling game with a huge capacity in which you would be able to do everything.. sigh

TNA Impact developers were able to do full body scans of the real wrestlers, whereas THQ/Yukes developers have to go to shows and live events to gather photo references of the wrestlers. So yeah, that explains why the Impact models were as accurate as they were compared to WWE series.

this thread is stupid.

clearly thq sacrifices quality to give us more shit in the game. did u even play tna impact? that game was the *censored*ing worst.

every wrestler had the same moveset

you could only have 5 caws with the most limited selection of things.

there was no create an area, belt, finisher etc

there was 1 story

it was the most basic game of all time which is why they could invest into incredible graphics.

incredible graphics but no replay value = 4.99$ bin at duane reade. yes iv seen it there.

The only thing that made the TNA game better than the SvR series was it's phenomenal graphics. I wish the WWE games would include these awesome graphics, but as for gameplay and the actual game overall, the WWE games were miles ahead in my opinion.

Look at it this way, at least he's black in this game!

All Impact really had were the graphics though. Stated before, their game was incredibly limited, only having their incredible graphics be their trump card for their game. Also said before, TNA had the advantage of having more time and ability to get better pics of their model, whereas THQ had the opposite.

But it is 2012 so we really should be getting better graphics. Maybe with the next next gen consoles.

So much ignorance in some of these posts. And I don't wanna offend anyone, quite honestly.

People talking about engines when they don't even know how programming works, and comparing a game with 25 wrestlers, a bunch of matches and ONE Main mode, really makes me wonder why people cannot just think before posting.

First of all, you guys need to understand that WWE 13 runs at 60fps, which is a very important achievement, if you consider the quality of the models. Achieving a 60 fps frame rate and high quality models is not easy at all, and if I am not wrong TNA Impact was running at 30 fps, like most of the games using the Unreal Engine. Do you want better models in WWE Games? 30 fps, and a 40 people roster.

Unfortunately, with the tons of content WWE games get every iteration, it is just impossible to make sure each model looks spot on (especially when you have a 100 plus people roster).

Same happens with NBA 2K and FIFA. The top stars look perfect, while some of the less famous players look bad.

So much ignorance in some of these posts. And I don't wanna offend anyone, quite honestly.

People talking about engines when they don't even know how programming works, and comparing a game with 25 wrestlers, a bunch of matches and ONE Main mode, really makes me wonder why people cannot just think before posting.

First of all, you guys need to understand that WWE 13 runs at 60fps, which is a very important achievement, if you consider the quality of the models. Achieving a 60 fps frame rate and high quality models is not easy at all, and if I am not wrong TNA Impact was running at 30 fps, like most of the games using the Unreal Engine. Do you want better models in WWE Games? 30 fps, and a 40 people roster.

Unfortunately, with the tons of content WWE games get every iteration, it is just impossible to make sure each model looks spot on (especially when you have a 100 plus people roster).

Same happens with NBA 2K and FIFA. The top stars look perfect, while some of the less famous players look bad.

I wasn't even comparing TNA with the WWE games to begin with, only the render and graphics. Was just wondering if they might be able to do a better job in the future with new upcoming consoles(even though they still have to do it within 12 months).

Archived