From Not Buying to Counting Down The Days

xjakexryanx

I'm not sure this is thread worthy...

But I just wanted to see if there were any more people like myself.

I was honestly DEAD SET on NOT buying WWE 13 until about 3 weeks ago...or right around the time DLC info/Universe info started coming out.

I just want to hear your story...not of the ones who were going to buy no matter what...

but of the ones who were so upset by last years game they were holding out...

or the ones who weren't going to buy based on the Attitude theme...

Etc.

THQ actually convinced me to buy the game this year, which a month ago, i thought was IMPOSSIBLE.

So, if there's anyone on here who was in the same place as me, NOT buying, or even just very UNSURE...but are now definitely buying...let me know!

After last year's disappointment I was fairly sure I wouldn't buy the new game at release. I kept an eye on WWE 13, but my mindset was that THQ have to ace it to get me to buy it new. When info started coming out a couple of months ago, I got more and more hyped up. Almost everything I had a problem with in 12 was getting fixed. I have a feeling this game will be what WWE 12 should have been. I think this game's features will work unlike last year. I'm really anxious to get the game now and can't really get my mind off of it at all. Makes for a long wait, I guess. :P

They had too many Attitude Era guys but the DLC and Universe info peaked my intrest so I may pick it up eventually. Maybe once the Aj DLC comes out so I can play with her striaght away. Also loads of new scences in Story Designer (none last year, I was like, "may as well stick with 11").

I've bought every WWE game on release day since I can remember but this year I won't be doing that. I'm tired of the same old thing, only having two modes to play - not counting exhibition. I miss the old simulation career mode-type thing we had in Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes the Pain, etc.. I mean, I'll probably end up getting this but definitely not on release, I'll definitely be waiting for a price drop because $65 (or $85 including Fan Axxess) just isn't worth it for something I'll only play for a few days and then get tired of it.

I was in the same boat. Pretty much told myself from the getgo that I'm not gonna buy it.

But it has won over, unfortunately. Unfortunately because I feel the same way as Virulent Viper, as in I don't want to spend 60 + 20€ for a game I know won't give me much replay value. I still *censored*ing want it. And I'm gonna end up buying it and I hate myself for that.

The truth is, if you're a wrestling fan, then playing any new wrestling game in this series will seem great. That's what everyone thought about WWE 12 last year and then the game lost its luster about what...within three months of release? The reason? Random glitches people kept running into, Universe mode screwing up rivalries, and that patch that kept us from changing the MITB match, among other things.

We've already heard that wrestlers still get up too quickly under default settings, we have no real proof if Universe booking logic is improved or not even though branching stories have been added to it among other stories(granted making superstars inactive could solve half of those problems). All I'm saying is, it should not have taken one trailer for you to all of the sudden want this game. The truth is you want to want it because you're a wrestling fan like the rest of us. Keep in mind you still have every reason to maybe rent the game first and play it for awhile before spending a bunch of money on it. That's what I plan on doing. That plus reading reviews and opinions here will sort of let me know what I'm in for if/when I buy the game.

Dear lord on a crutch, this thread SPECIFICALLY STATES ''THOSE WHO WEREN'T GOING TO BUY, BUT ARE NOW'', not lets use this as one of the hundred threads to bitch about a game that's not out. ANYWAY.

I was in the boat of NOT getting it, then I saw the one thing I promised myself I would buy it for. Gangrel, and the brood entrance. Then ALL the other stuff was icing on the cake.

Dear lord on a crutch, this thread SPECIFICALLY STATES ''THOSE WHO WEREN'T GOING TO BUY, BUT ARE NOW'', not lets use this as one of the hundred threads to bitch about a game that's not out. ANYWAY.

I was in the boat of NOT getting it, then I saw the one thing I promised myself I would buy it for. Gangrel, and the brood entrance. Then ALL the other stuff was icing on the cake.

Thank you for clearing that up, I definitely did not mean for this to turn into another one of those threads...

Take this from someone who has NEVER played SvR11 or WWE'12 (Still playing SvR10)...

I am buying WWE'13 because everything looks like it should and all the new features and characters is unbelievable. I can't wait to get the game and that's saying something from someone who thought the past 2 games looks awesome as well. There was just something missing in those 2 installments that I feel WWE'13 has fulfilled.

Whilst far from dead set on buying it, i'd say looking at the various videos and info that has come to surface i'm more 60/40 in favour of buying it now. As opposed to a month or so ago when i was still very much unimpressed by it all.

Main factor for me now is that there are too many AAA games out/coming out that I would prioritise over wwe 13.

I originally wasn't going to buy it just because WWE '12 was kinda bad. Then the DLC for 12 helped me get over that with Savage and Foley plus the Batista Bite/Rings of Saturn. Then the Atittude Era mode made me want it bad because that's what I grew up watching when I was like 7. Then I started getting bored of it for some reason I can't remember, then they showed AE mode (the fans not THQ) and the authenticity is amazing. DLC is amazing. Best game ever, not getting '14 even if they have the whole damn TNA ECW and WCW rosters on it.

I will always buy the WWE games but this year looks to be awesome! I personally did not HATE 12' obviously there were the countless glitches lol and to be honest the more I heard people post their displeasure with 12' the more I started to think the game was bad :P but 13' looks damn impressive especially the graphics.

Oh I get that there's hypocrites every year that say they won't buy the game, but when THQ start to hype the game they all come back praising THQ. It happens every year and it's getting tiring. You either get it or you don't and if you were planning to boycott the game in the first place, why look up infos of the game?

I think the main reason people keep arguing with themselves about the series is down to the fact there are no real alternatives. I had the same issue with fifa...same respawned crap each year then i discovered iss/pro evo. Fifa was backheeled from 2001 til 2007, which is when EA started upping their game and pro evo started to decline (imo). It's ashame thq has nothing in the way of competition because as good as '13 looks it will no doubt end up being looked upon in the coming months as a slight improvement rather than the complete overhaul/evolution a lot of people seem to be building it up as. Not trying to dampen peoples spirits just being a realist.

Oh I get that there's hypocrites every year that say they won't buy the game, but when THQ start to hype the game they all come back praising THQ. It happens every year and it's getting tiring. You either get it or you don't and if you were planning to boycott the game in the first place, why look up infos of the game?

i totally agree with you ill give it nov. 4th or 5 th before people posting topics saying wwe 13 sucks or so manys glitches or the servers doesnt work but my question to you are you boycotting it ?

Archived