Would it be possible?

King Nova

Now as many of you know by now (and if you dont, please, come out from under your rock...no pun intended here) The Rock will be in the WWE Championship match come Royal Rumble. I know a couple different scenarios have been talked about here, but I dont think I've seen this one mentioned yet. What about The Rock vs Daniel Bryan?

Hear me out on this one first before you bash me and give me the whole "lolwonthappen" scenario.

Back on Raw 1000, we saw a skit with Punk and Bryan during their very entertaining feud. A mention of the greatest of all time (or G.o.a.t. teehee im full of puns tonight) brought out the Rock. Banter ensued, and Daniel Bryan got to share the ring and mic time with the Peoples' Champion. During the back and forth, D-Bry said that somehow, someway he will be the one Rocky faces at the Rumble. The end of the segment came with a resounding Rock Bottom to Bryan, which has had me thinking ever since.

Was that line, and more specifically the Rock Bottom, used as a set up for their collision? I know WWE has the habit of people never getting their revenge, but after this Cena/Ryback thing Punk has going on, who is he to face leading up to the Rumble? Sure there could be filler, but what about continuing things with Bryan? Its inevitable that Team Friendship, or Hell No, whatever you'd like to call them is going to implode and lose the tag team championships, as Rey and Cara are on a tear, as is The Rhodes Scholars. After Kane and Bryan have their blow off match, what if Bryan stepped back up to Punk to try and recapture what he thinks should have been his numerous times?

Could Bryan win at TLC, proving lightning can strike twice, and go into the Rumble to fight The Great One? Granted, it'd be a short lived reign, because Rock will clearly win, but it could be used a test to see how the crowd responds to Bryan being the champion of the company now. Should this be the case, it adds the dynamic of the Rumble match. Punk could get his rematch and lose due to whatever reason (Cena/Rock interference?) and then decides to enter himself into the Rumble where hes going to face the biggest challenge of his life, seeing as how Cena will be entering, as well as people Punk has crossed paths with previously (Ryback, Undertaker who is making his return, etc).

Rock would win as I said, while either Punk or Cena win the Rumble, either solo or by doing a Lex Luger/Bulldog (I believe?) finish, which sets up a three way for Mania, or sends both men into the chamber for the #1 contendership and a chance to face the Rock at the grandest stage of them all (maybe another double finish in the chamber with them being the last two could set up the 3 way).

Bryan would get his rematch at the Chamber and lose again to the Rock (which allows Rock to defend without going into the chamber). Bryan could pull an Edge and enter the WHC Chamber or find a way to be in the WHC title match, but yeah.

Would you like to see this scenario? Do you think it would ever be possible they could go down this route? Any feedback would be welcomed, no flaming please. Also if you like this scenario but would like to see a few different things, feel free to tell your changes and what you'd like to see happen.

I think there will be a triple threat championship match at Wrestlemania.

CM Punk loses the title to The Rock at the Royal Rumble.

John Cena wins the Royal Rumble.

RAW GM (whoever it may be) announces that there will be a triple threat match for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 29, the third competitor will be the winner of the RAW Elimination Chamber match at the PPV. CM Punk wins and the triple threat match is made.

Archived