Microsoft is ditching

Crazy Moon

I hope it does't happen, with all these credit card stealing stuff around, especially in Fifa 12... I definetly WON'T put on a credit card there. So if there isn't a pre-paid money option (which would be useless because they wouldn't need to change it then) I, and I'm actually sure a lot of others) won't buy anything anymore.

I hope it does't happen, with all these credit card stealing stuff around, especially in Fifa 12... I definetly WON'T put on a credit card there. So if there isn't a pre-paid money option (which would be useless because they wouldn't need to change it then) I, and I'm actually sure a lot of others) won't buy anything anymore.

I feel the exact same.

I'm sure they would still have pre-paid cards just like Playstation does.

Stupid idea, IMO. I know that I personally spend way more than I should on XBL, solely because I look at the point system and say "oh well...they're just points". When you see actual dollar amounts it feels more painful for some reason...which means they will most likely be getting less of my money.

Stupid idea, IMO. I know that I personally spend way more than I should on XBL, solely because I look at the point system and say "oh well...they're just points". When you see actual dollar amounts it feels more painful for some reason...which means they will most likely be getting less of my money.

Agree with this entirely. I rather pay 1600 POINTS than 20 bucks. I don't know why, but I feel like I didn't spend as much haha.

It would make things ten times easier if they just let you say "I want to add exactly the amount of MS Points this game/DLC/Avatar Outfit costs" and not have to add a minimum of 500 MS Points to my account, even if I only need 100.

Even if they do the same thing as playstation, there's a minimum that you have to spend. I bought a theme for my PS3 and I had to spend the minimum of $5 despite it being only $2. So I have three bucks sitting in my accoNt that I'll probably never use.

You can spend the exact amount you need to. Let's say you've got no funds in your wallet, go to the game you wanna buy and then add your funds. You'll add exactly what the game costs.

It would make things ten times easier if they just let you say "I want to add exactly the amount of MS Points this game/DLC/Avatar Outfit costs" and not have to add a minimum of 500 MS Points to my account, even if I only need 100.

I agree with this. But then again, I don't really mind having the extra points on there, because I eventually use them for other things anyway. Also, Xbox rewards always gives you random numbers of points, so those add to the remaining amount that you have and they eventually all get used up.

Agree with this entirely. I rather pay 1600 POINTS than 20 bucks. I don't know why, but I feel like I didn't spend as much haha.

This is actually a really good idea. I was really confused with the points system at first, and the currency can't always equal to a certain dollar amount. This won't change how the system runs, just what the price looks like.

I maintain what I said earlier. They're going to lose money.

This is actually a really good idea. I was really confused with the points system at first, and the currency can't always equal to a certain dollar amount. This won't change how the system runs, just what the price looks like.

I maintain what I said earlier. They're going to lose money.

I agree. With the hacking of the PlayStation Network, I think people are much more weary about attaching their credit card details to a console community account. I know Microsoft is far more trustworthy than Sony but they will undoubtedly lose business by switching to a less accessible system.

Why would that be? I have my card attached and who/ said you would be forced to attach a credit card?

Im sure instead of buying a 1600 ms point card all you would do is buy a 20$ card redeem it and you have a 20$ balance on your account. Not much of a difference at all except for instead of it saying 1600 msp it says 20$

Why would that be? I have my card attached and who/ said you would be forced to attach a credit card?

Im sure instead of buying a 1600 ms point card all you would do is buy a 20$ card redeem it and you have a 20$ balance on your account. Not much of a difference at all except for instead of it saying 1600 msp it says 20$

It would be due to the hacking of PSN. I don't think many people would trust XBL due to what happened on PSN (yes, I know, they're 2 separate networks run by 2 separate companies, but 'tis human logic that I'm basing this on). Only they know if you'll be forced to attach a credit card at this point, but regardless, I think people wouldn't trust it as much.

If they keep the voucher system, they won't lose customers. It allows people to shop on the network but they don't have to give credit card details. If they don't keep that system, they will lose customers.

Archived