Batista MMA Debut fight.

ColdBloodEnigma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJj0kfdnkA&feature=youtu.be

I've uploaded the full Batista Debut MMA fight for anyone thats interested in it. I think it wasnt that exciting, it couldve been better but it was an alright debut for Batista.

Definitely has a long way to go before ever getting anywhere close to strikeforce, or Ufc imo. Don't know how much of a chance he has being that he's already in his 40s. He's certainly no Randy Couture.

Don't think that's ever gonna happen lol

The debut definitely wasn't anything spectacular, but then you have to think he's over 40 years old and it was his debut. As far as I know he hasn't had any major training in any martial arts (don't hold me to that though) so he did good all things considered. Still for it being hyped up as much as it was I can see how people who tuned in were disappointed, especially if they are UFC fans used to some pretty spectacular fights/finishes.

Hasn't he been training with Pacquaio? I'm sure I read about that a few months ago. Whether that is true or not, he has definetly been working his ass off for this, so it's good to see him get off to a good start.

I'm not sure if he trained with Manny Pacquaio or not. But I know he trained with Gracie Jui-Jitsu and had trained in MMA with Harry Smith. He seems intent on trying to make a career out of this and make some big money which he'll probably do seeing as he's a big name. His first fight was on PPV for 30 dollars so I'm sure he's a cash cow for MMA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ODn6ZykFM

Here's a different video as the OP took his down.

He didn't look brilliant, but the adrenaline dump of first stepping into an octagon for real will have played a huge part in that. I think he knows he'll never achieve something, but the guy is doing what he loves and you can't fault him for that.

Few things:

Why did the announcer mention his bodybuilding and acting careers, but not credit him as a "former professional wrestler". You'd think that would be more important. Secondly, I don't follow MMA too closely these days, and even when I did, it was mostly just UFC. I don't know anything about this organization or Dave's opponent...but that guy looked like my fat neighbor. I don't really know how much of a challenge he was supposed to be. With that being said, it's not like Dave dominated him...so I don't know how well we can really expect Batista to do in this particular career path.

That guy he was fighting was fat as *censored*.

Welcome to MMA's heavyweight division.

roy-nelson.jpg

In all seriousness though, most of the fat guys stay on the regional level. Roy Nelson is beyond human in that he looks like that but he can still hang with guys in much, much better shape than him.

Archived