Antonio Cesaro

snakebiteSB

That package piledriver into Styles Clash shit won't cut it if they plan to be big players like they should (eventually) be-

Cena's finisher is a fireman's carry. Need I say more?

Absolutely.

That thing as always looked weak and it usually is against main event wrestlers, who kick out of 2-3 of them every PPV, lol-

That package piledriver into Styles Clash shit won't cut it if they plan to be big players like they should (eventually) be-

And Triple H's pedigree is basically a gentler looking, less powerful version of the Styles Clash. I think Cesaro's facebuster was a good choice. It's a move that he'll be able to hit on anyone on the roster no matter their size, and it looks fairly painful.

1.) WHAT?! :facepalm:

2.) It's a facebuster?

It looks like a torso-aimed move but appears as though the legs get the brunt of the move.

3.) So he can hit it on Show?

Mark Henry?

Brodus Clay?

Titus O'Neil?

Ryback?

Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt?

Absolutely.

That thing as always looked weak and it usually is against main event wrestlers, who kick out of 2-3 of them every PPV, lol-

Thing is, The Neutralizer has been used for decades as just a regular move (DDP used it a lot without the cradle part, in fact his looked like a Styles Clash without the legs tying up the arms and called it The Flapjack) and Cesaro being the old school sorta guy he is uses it because it isn't flashy and it harkens back to the days of Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt.

Back in those days, the Cloverleaf, German Suplex and other basic moves that everyone and their mother do nowadays were considered dangerous moves and today's younger fanbase aren't impressed unless someone seems to literally get killed. Which is why some of the indy kids started doing a lot of flippydoos to stand out when there's just no need for it.

Absolutely.

And Triple H's pedigree is basically a gentler looking, less powerful version of the Styles Clash. I think Cesaro's facebuster was a good choice. It's a move that he'll be able to hit on anyone on the roster no matter their size, and it looks fairly painful.

2.) It's a facebuster?

It looks like a torso-aimed move but appears as though the legs get the brunt of the move.

Mark Henry?

Brodus Clay?

Titus O'Neil?

Ryback?

Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt?

Take it you didnt watch RAW this week?

2.) It's a facebuster?

The technical move for the Pedigree is "double underhook facebuster".

People's legs only take the brunt of the move because they don't wanna land flat on their face like Foley used to so that they can, you know, avoid injuries that way. Landing on your knees sucks visually but it's safer than having a broken nose or cheekbone if he mistimes it and lands on the back of your head while you're flat against the canvas.

Wrestling is about entertaining with physical but safe moves after all. Create the illusion of being painful rather than legit hurt someone.

2.) It's a facebuster?

People's legs only take the brunt of the move because they don't wanna land flat on their face like Foley used to so that they can, you know, avoid injuries that way. Landing on your knees sucks visually but it's safer than having a broken nose or cheekbone if he mistimes it and lands on the back of your head while you're flat against the canvas.

Wrestling is about entertaining with physical but safe moves after all. Create the illusion of being painful rather than legit hurt someone.

With #2, I was actually talking about the Neutralizer-

2.) It's a facebuster?

With #2, I was actually talking about the Neutralizer-

Ahh ok.

Yeah, still a facebuster. Or a slam if you wanna look at it that way.

The Hellevator is technically a facebuster too, as is the move Jeff Hardy and Ron Killings do (starts off as a vertical suplex then turns into a sit down facebuster)

Guess it just depends on your perspective but The Neutralizer is definitely not something that affects the legs only, it's the face and chest taking the full brunt.

I know about those, believe me, I get as technical with all this as you do.

Jeff Hardy and Truth, you can obviously tell those damage the face.

They (seller and wrestler) execute it to appear as such.

Just the Neutralizer doesn't have that kind of impact to me I guess.

Sig move worthy, ya but not a finisher-

Why exactly does the move need to damage the face? You actually have a greater likelihood of pining someone if you drive all of the air out of their lungs, which is what a move like the neutralizer does. What does damaging someone's face do, aside from putting them in pain? Sometimes I feel like people negate common sense when discussing finishing moves...which is alright I suppose, considering that the entire concept of winning every fight with the same attack is quite silly anyway.

Like someone else said, be cool if he did this, especially to Rey

Why exactly does the move need to damage the face? You actually have a greater likelihood of pining someone if you drive all of the air out of their lungs, which is what a move like the neutralizer does. What does damaging someone's face do, aside from putting them in pain? Sometimes I feel like people negate common sense when discussing finishing moves...which is alright I suppose, considering that the entire concept of winning every fight with the same attack is quite silly.

I can vouch for that.

When I wrestled briefly years ago, we did a shoot match once to see who could legit win and when I was driven face first, I kicked out anyway despite the pain because I didn't wanna lose ut as soon as I was given a pumphandle drop, that was it. Needed help breathing again after the impact and vowed never to take one ever again cause the pain of having the wind knocked out of you from that sucked too much to wanna go through again.

Both need new finishers, like a good few other WWE wrestlers with big potential.

I kinda' like them but their specials are really anti-climatic considering their characters' charisma and crap.

The straightjacket neckbreaker and that package piledriver into Styles Clash shit won't cut it if they plan to be big players like they should (eventually) be-

the pedigree, rock bottom, sweet chin music,.and stunner never got a pop too, when they was first introduced

Absolutely.

2.) It's a facebuster?

Mark Henry?

Brodus Clay?

Titus O'Neil?

Ryback?

Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt?

Yes. Triple H's finisher is a facebuster. Antonio Cesaro's finisher is also technically a facebuster, but with more force behind it and from an elevated position. According to wikipedia, it's a "belly to back inverted mat slam" and is listed under the facebusters page. You can read it yourself here.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Facebuster

It's only the second one on the list of facebuster variations.

And in response to three, yes. He is fully capable of hitting the maneuver on all of those men. Cesaro is probably one of the strongest wrestlers on the roster. He's in amazing physical shape and I wouldn't be shocked if he hit the Big Show with his finisher. We've already seen him destroy Brodus Clay with the move, and he weighs close to 400 lbs. Apparently you didn't see that.

Am I the only one that really doesn't like the UFO at all? It looks kind of flashy, but there's almost no impact at all, just look at the video Dazz posted, it looked like a scoop slam would be more effective.

Am I the only one that really doesn't like the UFO at all? It looks kind of flashy, but there's almost no impact at all, just look at the video Dazz posted, it looked like a scoop slam would be more effective.

Its not really the impact that what you worry about, its the fact that the opponent is dazed from all the spinning

I know but still, it's just lacking to me I guess.

The 5 languages thing is kinda annoying. I'd like to see him do the Very European thing more and expand on it. But for that, he needs more mic time. His longest promo has been, what, a 30 second confrontation with A-Ry backstage at NXT?

Other than that, I would love if he used Invader as a theme again...

About his finisher. Finishers change all the time, just ask Heath Slater. :shifty: Seriously though, this time next year we could be seeing Antonio busting out the Ricola Bomb as a finisher or even a totally new move that he hasn't used before, personally I'd love to see him use the Inverted Chikara Special at some point.

One the gimmick front. In the weeks leading up to his US Title win, I was hoping that when Cesaro won the title, it would lead to Santino joining him and Aksana in an alliance, with Marella in a serious role again obviously that hasn't happened but still.....

Now, I'd like him to push the Anti-American thing. Have him refuse to defend the US Title against Americans, maybe even whilst on US soil. he can do what Lance Storm did in WCW, stick a picture of the Swiss flag over the US Title faceplate and refer to it as the Swiss Championship. He still wrestles on NXT, he could create an Anti-American stable with a couple of other Europeans likes of Alexander Rusev, Anya and Tom La Ruffa...The Foreign Legion?

Absolutely.

2.) It's a facebuster?

Mark Henry?

Brodus Clay?

Titus O'Neil?

Ryback?

Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt?

Yes. Triple H's finisher is a facebuster. Antonio Cesaro's finisher is also technically a facebuster, but with more force behind it and from an elevated position. According to wikipedia, it's a "belly to back inverted mat slam" and is listed under the facebusters page. You can read it yourself here.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Facebuster

It's only the second one on the list of facebuster variations.

And in response to three, yes. He is fully capable of hitting the maneuver on all of those men. Cesaro is probably one of the strongest wrestlers on the roster. He's in amazing physical shape and I wouldn't be shocked if he hit the Big Show with his finisher. We've already seen him destroy Brodus Clay with the move, and he weighs close to 400 lbs. Apparently you didn't see that.

I know the Pedigree is a facebuster, like I told Dazman.

I meant The Neutralizer-

His gimmick or lack of gimmick is fine. He's one of the best all around talents the WWE has right now. He's got the so called "it factor". I don't see how people think he's boring.

Honestly, same..

I mean I love the shit he does with his arms and he's a good speaker so people should like him. Give him actual promom time maybe?

Archived