Antonio Cesaro

snakebiteSB

I really want to like the guy and he has something about him but is also bland at the same time. I didn't know much about him before he came to the WWE and only heard of him with Chris Hero.

What I was wondering can someone give me some info on his gimmicks when he was Claudio Castagnoli? Just what his gimmicks were and what they were like.

Cheers.

He originally gained fame with the gimmick of a Swiss banker before he eventually transitioned into just being Very European (ex. basically proclaiming to be superior in regards to ability, culture and fashion sense due to his Swiss heritage, hence being Very European). His time in the Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (BDK) saw him take the Very European gimmick down a more anti-American route.

Regardless of his slight gimmick shifts, I've been a fan of Claudio for a while and am looking forward to him climbing the ladder in the WWE.

I don't understand why people say he's boring or bland. I personally think his gimmick is right where it needs to be. His wrestling ability is amazing and he's great on the mic. He doesn't need a flashy gimmick. His gimmick is a lack of one. His intelligence and his ability is meant to speak for itself...and it does.

I don't understand why people say he's boring or bland. I personally think his gimmick is right where it needs to be. His wrestling ability is amazing and he's great on the mic. He doesn't need a flashy gimmick. His gimmick is a lack of one. His intelligence and his ability is meant to speak for itself...and it does.

He's basically Sandow but can speak several different languages yet people are higher on Sandow than on Claudio.

They should be held with the same regard by WWE fans in my view. Both equals.

He's basically Sandow but can speak several different languages yet people are higher on Sandow than on Claudio.

Probably because Sandow has the capability of being comical, but Cesaro is just a straight heel. People need to stop wishing every wrestler to have an "entertaining" gimmick. Cesaro should remain exactly where he is.

Probably because Sandow has the capability of being comical, but Cesaro is just a straight heel. People need to stop wishing every wrestler to have an "entertaining" gimmick. Cesaro should remain exactly where he is.

I think so too.

Hell, I love Lance Storm, he never needed a gimmick and still got over somewhat. Cesaro's a nice throwback at a time when people either suck at the promo delivery or try to add modern twists to it.

They should be held with the same regard by WWE fans in my view. Both equals.

The difference is Sandow actually has a character and is able to show it. Antonio doesn't, and he hardly gets mic time as well so he comes across as boring. And I know Claudio isn't boring so they need to change something about him.

The difference is Sandow actually has a character and is able to show it. Antonio doesn't, and he hardly gets mic time as well so he comes across as boring. And I know Claudio isn't boring so they need to change something about him.

Wrong. As I said, Sandow has what people consider "personality" because he occasionally comes off as humorous. If he did his whole "scholarly" gimmick without the intentionally funny expressions, pauses, etc. people would think he was just as boring as Cesaro. People relate any serious gimmick with a lack of personality these days...and it's absolutely absurd.

Wrong. As I said, Sandow has what people consider "personality" because he occasionally comes off as humorous. If he did his whole "scholarly" gimmick without the intentionally funny expressions, pauses, etc. people would think he was just as boring as Cesaro. People relate any serious gimmick with a lack of personality these days...and it's absolutely absurd.

No, people consider the personality Sandow has because he makes people think he sounds like that in real life. It has nothing to do with trying to be funny. They say Cesaro is a former rugby player but what do they do with the character? Have him speak 5 different languages as that is supposed to get heat?

His wrestling ability speaks for itself. I honestly think he'll get over with that alone. His mic' skills are good too though and he can deliver one hell of a promo when asked too, he just needs to branch out from this 5 different languages shtick as people know he can do it by now, I personally think it's a thing he can go back to every once in a while (for instance when he wins his first World Title he should say Victorious in 5 languages etc.)

No, people consider the personality Sandow has because he makes people think he sounds like that in real life.

Really? If anyone actually thinks he sounds like that in real life, they deserve to be drowned in a bog.

No...

From someone who has only seen him in WWE, I just think he is boring because of the fact that all he ever gets is one word on the mic in 5 different languages. Knowing 5 languages is impressive but how is that supposed to make me interested in him? He has a large fanbase, yes, so I want to see the Cesaro you saw on the indies. Bet if Cesaro was a random guy, you would be complaining about how boring he is.

No, people consider the personality Sandow has because he makes people think he sounds like that in real life.

Really? If anyone actually thinks he sounds like that in real life, they deserve to be drowned in a bog.

No...

Yes. It's called survival of the fittest. Sandow would approve.

From someone who has only seen him in WWE, I just think he is boring because of the fact that all he ever gets is one word on the mic in 5 different languages. Knowing 5 languages is impressive but how is that supposed to make me interested in him? He has a large fanbase, yes, so I want to see the Cesaro you saw on the indies. Bet if Cesaro was a random guy, you would be complaining about how boring he is.

I have not seen a single second of his time in the indies, actually. So I am also basing my opinion of him solely on what I have seen in WWE, and he has done nothing but impress me since his debut.

Both need new finishers, like a good few other WWE wrestlers with big potential.

I kinda' like them but their specials are really anti-climatic considering their characters' charisma and crap.

The straightjacket neckbreaker and that package piledriver into Styles Clash shit won't cut it if they plan to be big players like they should (eventually) be-

No...

Yes. It's called survival of the fittest. Sandow would approve.

I have not seen a single second of his time in the indies, actually. So I am also basing my opinion of him solely on what I have seen in WWE, and he has done nothing but impress me since his debut.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Personally, there is room for improvement in the mic for Mr. Cesaro, which I'm sure he'll do. I'd love to see him in a match with Regal though. Would be great. Of course if he's great by your standards I accept that.

No, people consider the personality Sandow has because he makes people think he sounds like that in real life. It has nothing to do with trying to be funny. They say Cesaro is a former rugby player but what do they do with the character? Have him speak 5 different languages as that is supposed to get heat?

Him speaking 5 languages shows an intelligence most fans don't have and thus becomes easy to hate him for flexing his superiority over us.

Plus it honestly seems like a lot of fans can barely speak even one language a lot of the time so even more reason for them to hate him.

It's like the old days where a Canadian wrestler could put on a Russian accent and get instant hatred or Regal was despised for being not only English but also a "Lord" and therefore superior.

Him speaking 5 languages shows an intelligence most fans don't have and thus becomes easy to hate him for flexing his superiority over us.

Plus it honestly seems like a lot of fans can barely speak even one language a lot of the time so even more reason for them to hate him.

It's like the old days where a Canadian wrestler could put on a Russian accent and get instant hatred or Regal was despised for being not only English but also a "Lord" and therefore superior.

The problem is that's all he does. He doesn't expand from anything more than that and it's making him bland.

That package piledriver into Styles Clash shit won't cut it if they plan to be big players like they should (eventually) be-

Cena's finisher is a fireman's carry. Need I say more?

And Triple H's pedigree is basically a gentler looking, less powerful version of the Styles Clash. I think Cesaro's facebuster was a good choice. It's a move that he'll be able to hit on anyone on the roster no matter their size, and it looks fairly painful. I'm getting sick of everyone having a striking move or a neckbreaker variation for a finisher. He's a grappler and it makes sense for him to use grapples. It's good ring psychology.

It's a shame they won't let him bust out the U.F.O. People would go nuts if he did that. He could get over off of that one move like Petey Williams did with the Canadian Destroyer or Orton with the RKO. I'd like to see him bring the giant swing back too.

Archived