The genius of Brian Pillman

Dazz

Simon says he's glad he's in but where is all of this information coming from, could you please post a link? :)

WWE '13 forum has the confirmed links, images and videos for your enjoyment and perusal.

Can't tell you which page of the DLC Discussion it's on though, I've given up following that thread, by the time I move away from it, 3 more pages of discussion have popped up.

Simon says he's glad he's in but where is all of this information coming from, could you please post a link? :)

WWE '13 forum has the confirmed links, images and videos for your enjoyment and perusal.

Can't tell you which page of the DLC Discussion it's on though, I've given up following that thread, by the time I move away from it, 3 more pages of discussion have popped up.

Oh thankyou atleast I know where to look :)

Always loved Pillman, guy was truly revolutionary and ahead of his time.

I've always loved his ECW debut promo, the way he was able to have the crowd in love with him one second only to completely turn on him by the end of the promo was fantastic, just great stuff. Always get a kick out of him beating that Carrot Top looking plant up.

The King of the Ring 1996 promo he cut was great too, I liked the Dahmer jab he had in there. It was so unlike anything WWE had been doing up until then. The face off between him and Austin was a nice nod to the Blondes, it's a shame Brian didn't get to stay around longer. That feud would've really been something.

Always loved Pillman, guy was truly revolutionary and ahead of his time.

I've always loved his ECW debut promo, the way he was able to have the crowd in love with him one second only to completely turn on him by the end of the promo was fantastic, just great stuff. Always get a kick out of him beating that Carrot Top looking plant up.

The King of the Ring 1996 promo he cut was great too, I liked the Dahmer jab he had in there. It was so unlike anything WWE had been doing up until then. The face off between him and Austin was a nice nod to the Blondes, it's a shame Brian didn't get to stay around longer. That feud would've really been something.

I sent that promo to someone earlier today cause she'd never seen much Pillman other than some of his WWF promos, always loved that. Threatening to pull out his johnson and piss all over the ring then being stopped as he unzipped.

Awesome stuff.

I really liked his work with Steve Austin in the Hollywood blondes, I have to watch the Loose Cannon DVD again when I have the chance. It's a real shame though by the time he got to WWF his injuries kept him from doing what he normally could do in WCW.

Yeah although I wouldn't be sure if he'd stay the same ring wise.

I know he injured his ankle and such but by 95/96, he was already working the internet and evolving his character so who knows if his in ring style would've changed too.

Definitely a guy gone way before he should've. Way before his time too in terms of working fans and using the internet when it was still a fairly new thing.

What was so special about him? Im too young to know who he is, is he a good wrestler in the ring or can you tell he loves the buisness?

He was an amazing high flier by 80s/early 90s standards until an ankle injury stopped that.

He was also one half of one of the greatest tag teams of all time, The Hollywood Blondes alongside Stunning Steve Austin.

When Austin went to ECW, Pillman started a Loose Cannon gimmick where he was totally unpredictable, doing and saying things unscripted, grabbing at Heenan during a match and walking out of an I Quit match against real life WCW booker Kevin Sullivan as it started by saying "I quit, booker man", totally breaking kayfabe.

He conned Bischoff into firing him by saying he wanted an angle where WCW fired him for his actions and to make it realistic, he should be faxed his pink slip. Soon as he received it, Pillman appeared in ECW insulting WCW and WWF and threatening to piss in the ECW ring while shooting on the fans and insulting smart marks.

Then he went to WWF and all I know is he pulled a gun in a pre-planned segment with Austin and joined The Hart Foundation but I didn't see much of his WWF career.

What was so special about him? Im too young to know who he is, is he a good wrestler in the ring or can you tell he loves the buisness?

He was an amazing high flier by 80s/early 90s standards until an ankle injury stopped that.

He was also one half of one of the greatest tag teams of all time, The Hollywood Blondes alongside Stunning Steve Austin.

When Austin went to ECW, Pillman started a Loose Cannon gimmick where he was totally unpredictable, doing and saying things unscripted, grabbing at Heenan during a match and walking out of an I Quit match against real life WCW booker Kevin Sullivan as it started by saying "I quit, booker man", totally breaking kayfabe.

He conned Bischoff into firing him by saying he wanted an angle where WCW fired him for his actions and to make it realistic, he should be faxed his pink slip. Soon as he received it, Pillman appeared in ECW insulting WCW and WWF and threatening to piss in the ECW ring while shooting on the fans and insulting smart marks.

Then he went to WWF and all I know is he pulled a gun in a pre-planned segment with Austin and joined The Hart Foundation but I didn't see much of his WWF career.

He sound's epic! Is there a dvd i cant watch of his career? or anything that i can watch which will help me get exicted about him?

I was born in 1987 and, thanks to my grandfather, can literally say I've been watching wrestling my entire life. Now, around 2 or 3 years old when I developed enough of a brain to remember what guys were getting over with me, "Flyin" Brian Pillman was one of the first. There were all these guys being pushed as top guys, and yet, I always, always regarded Brian Pillman as one of my top favorite guys, and it carried on with me throughout his entire career.

The only "phase"of his career that I never caught until years later was his short stint in ECW.

But I was there for Flyin Brian in Bengal speedoes, I was there for Flyin Brian in the Hollywood Blondes, I was there in that odd babyface pre-Horsemen phase where he had this mullet and starting wearing longer pants, I was there when he reinvented himself and his character and eventually became the unpredictable, batshit crazy Horseman (When, ironically, he was probably the most sane and most intelligent of any of them. lol)...I didn't become aware of ECW til around early to mid-'97, so he was already in WWF by then..I think I JUST missed him. lol. I was there with him, enjoying his mathes and his talking/promo genius the whole way through his WWF run, and I expected so much out of him....and it may have been the first wrestling death that really, really hit me hard, being such a huge fan of his all those years. I mean, Andre's another guy I love, but I was too young to really grasp and/or care about his death right when it happened as hard as Pillman's hit me.

So I've been making him in every WWE video game for years and years now. And now, FINALLY, he's in the upcoming game. And his model looks incredible, even if I'm just a little iffy on the hair for the time being....it's better than anything we had available to us in CAW mode anyway. I'm on cloud 9 about this news, if for no other reason. And I cannot wait to purchase said game, GET ON MY KNEES!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!! AND PAY HOMAGE!!!!! TO BRIAN!! F*CKING!!!! PILLMAN!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!

Yeah....I'm fully aware I just sounded like a total f*cking mark, but when it comes Pillman, I couldn't be more unashamed, man. lol :cool:

He sound's epic! Is there a dvd i cant watch of his career? or anything that i can watch which will help me get exicted about him?

WWE released a Pillman DVD about 5 years ago maybe?

Must have.

I expected so much out of him....and it may have been the first wrestling death that really, really hit me hard, being such a huge fan of his all those years. I mean, Andre's another guy I love, but I was too young to really grasp and/or care about his death right when it happened as hard as Pillman's hit me.

Man, that sounds like me lol

Funny thing is, Badd Blood, the ppv where they announced his death when he didn't show for his match with Foley, that was the last time I bothered with WWF until May 2001.

Coincidence?

Favorite Pillman moment?

Four words: Pillman, Lyger(sp?) Superbrawl 2.

These two had a great run in WCW. Kind of a forgotten classic.

Yeah, it's a shame a lot of WWE fans don't really take the time to check out matches like that.

It's also apparently 15 years since Pillman died today so RIP Pillman and RIP to his daughter who lost her life in a car accident several years ago too just as she started in the business.

Pillman vs. Liger has always been one of my favorite feuds to look back on and watch. Pillman was far too ahead of his time but if he was along side Austin during the Attitude Era it would have been revolutionary for sure. These are some of my favorite WWF Pillman Moments for sure,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nKCNDbX7s4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1aK70mu6Q&feature=related

Archived