Need some help getting started on YouTube.

ColdBloodEnigma

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is against the rules or anything, but I've seen a few people do it. I need some help getting my YouTube account started. I currently have 20 subscribers, that I've gotten through having a clan tag on MW3 and real life friends that have a YouTube. If you guys sub, just leave your channel as a reply and I'l add you to my 'Featured Channels' list which could get you some subs. I currently have only MW3 videos, but when WWE '13 and Black Ops 2 come out, I'll have some of that on my channel. You don't have to watch everyone of my videos, I'm just happy with a sub. Thanks guys.

www.youtube.com/user/TheNathanTano

Here's some tips for you from a YT Veteran...had my original channel since 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thr33x

1) Keep posting videos. It might a be a little discouraging to see your stuff not get as many views as you think it deserves, but don't stop. You have to keep making vids, if anything, do it thinking like you have hundreds of subscribers. Do it like you're having fun doing it, it shows. And plus, when someone does stumble on your channel, they'll a have a lot to browse through. I for one always sub channels when I see that they have a lot of content, it shows they're enjoying themselves, and that should always trump concern over subscriptions.

2) Use tags. I repeat...USE TAGS. Tags will get your videos into the searches. If you're doing MW3 videos, use MW3, Activision, Call Of Duty, anything related to the game as tags by which people can find your content. I get a lot of views and subs simply from the fact I have "CAW" in my tags. People who use search tags know what they're looking for, so they'll find your stuff easier.

3) Be careful using 3rd Party content. Especially using music for videos. I tend to use "underground" or obscure music in mine so I'm not flagged down by labels. If anything, stick with the music that the game provides. The most YT will do in those cases if it's licensed it put a link to the song on ITunes, Google Play, etc. in your video. If unlicensed, it might get blocked or taken down outright.

4) If you can, get a mic and do some commentary. Maybe not in every video, but sometimes it nice to experience the person playing the game and not just the game being played.

5) Try different content. Everyone does MW3 videos. Everyone does BF3 videos. Same with Tekken, SF, Madden, NBA2K13, etc. If you have games in your collection you like aside from them, try to do some videos of them too. People like different.

Here's some tips for you from a YT Veteran...had my original channel since 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thr33x

1) Keep posting videos. It might a be a little discouraging to see your stuff not get as many views as you think it deserves, but don't stop. You have to keep making vids, if anything, do it thinking like you have hundreds of subscribers. Do it like you're having fun doing it, it shows. And plus, when someone does stumble on your channel, they'll a have a lot to browse through. I for one always sub channels when I see that they have a lot of content, it shows they're enjoying themselves, and that should always trump concern over subscriptions.

2) Use tags. I repeat...USE TAGS. Tags will get your videos into the searches. If you're doing MW3 videos, use MW3, Activision, Call Of Duty, anything related to the game as tags by which people can find your content. I get a lot of views and subs simply from the fact I have "CAW" in my tags. People who use search tags know what they're looking for, so they'll find your stuff easier.

3) Be careful using 3rd Party content. Especially using music for videos. I tend to use "underground" or obscure music in mine so I'm not flagged down by labels. If anything, stick with the music that the game provides. The most YT will do in those cases if it's licensed it put a link to the song on ITunes, Google Play, etc. in your video. If unlicensed, it might get blocked or taken down outright.

4) If you can, get a mic and do some commentary. Maybe not in every video, but sometimes it nice to experience the person playing the game and not just the game being played.

5) Try different content. Everyone does MW3 videos. Everyone does BF3 videos. Same with Tekken, SF, Madden, NBA2K13, etc. If you have games in your collection you like aside from them, try to do some videos of them too. People like different.

Thanks for the tips. I'l definately give you a sub for that!

I subbed as well to help out.

To add on to Thr33X's post, more tips for you. Always remmeber to add your username to the tags of every single video that you upload. Advertise the crap out of your account, if you're on any other forums, advertise it there if they allow you to. Advertise it on Facebook, Twitter, other sites like that. Another thing, users who are subscribed to you can see the comments that you post on the main Youtube page after they get on their accounts, so be carefull of what you choose to post in the comments section of videos. Also, there are many tutorials on Youtube that show how to make a decent looking channel background for the current Youtube layout. I need to change mine as well, its outdated.

I'll sub, Same here I also need help started but I dont have equipment for Lets Plays. I just do Vlogs and random videos. Any tips for equipment for LPs and Vlogs Triset908 thanks

For "Lets Plays", you need nothing more than a cap card (which can be bought from various online sites...or Best Buy). If you choose to have commentary on your "Lets Play" vids, then you need a microphone.

I'll sub, Same here I also need help started but I dont have equipment for Lets Plays. I just do Vlogs and random videos. Any tips for equipment for LPs and Vlogs Triset908 thanks

For "Lets Plays", you need nothing more than a cap card (which can be bought from various online sites...or Best Buy). If you choose to have commentary on your "Lets Play" vids, then you need a microphone.

a LP without commentary would be pretty shitty tbh

If you heard my voice youd would want no commentary lol. What kind of microphone? Like a headset?

If you heard my voice youd would want no commentary lol. What kind of microphone? Like a headset?

Good quality should be the top priority, you don't want to piss off viewers with crap quality cheap mics. Search around the web for good quality CPU microphones to use. Use sites like Craigslist, or Ebay and Amazon if you have a credit card and can wait for shipping.

I prefer no commentary LPs because I've suffered through LP's with people saying: "I'm only playing this game because I was asked to, this is for you guys....dispite the fact that I really hate this game."

Archived