WWE '13 Complaint thread

Quisee

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The AI in this game is atrocious. Working a decent match with it is so damn frustrating.

The CPU controlled character alternates between Irish Whips 50% of the time, and the other 50% consists of the the same four damn moves. The AI refuses to sell finishing moves when they have the Resilient Skill on, and will kick out at one every time. And to top all this off they keep randomly f cking moving to the outside to mess up the goddamn commentator's table. Honestly I'm not even sure if I can play this game for much longer, being able to work good matches with the AI is the main selling point for me.

Yeah the AI is what's killing this game for me. It has great graphics and everything else but the AI is horrible, for every 10 punches that I throw the AI throws 1. Most of it's offense comes from reversing my attacks, if I turn cpu reversals all the way up. If it weren't for the fact that I already spend $90 plus on it and waiting for the DLC I think I might return it. My go to games for wrestling are still the AKI games, HCTP and SvR '07. If I buy WWE '14 next year it sure as hell won't be day one that's for sure.

The AI in this game is atrocious. Working a decent match with it is so damn frustrating.

The CPU controlled character alternates between Irish Whips 50% of the time, and the other 50% consists of the the same four damn moves. The AI refuses to sell finishing moves when they have the Resilient Skill on, and will kick out at one every time. And to top all this off they keep randomly f cking moving to the outside to mess up the goddamn commentator's table. Honestly I'm not even sure if I can play this game for much longer, being able to work good matches with the AI is the main selling point for me.

Yeah the AI is what's killing this game for me. It has great graphics and everything else but the AI is horrible, for every 10 punches that I throw the AI throws 1. Most of it's offense comes from reversing my attacks, if I turn cpu reversals all the way up. If it weren't for the fact that I already spend $90 plus on it and waiting for the DLC I think I might return it. My go to games for wrestling are still the AKI games, HCTP and SvR '07. If I buy WWE '14 next year it sure as hell won't be day one that's for sure.

The A.I is really starting to take the fun out of this game for me. The constant chain grapple reversals....turning every match into some kinda technical Regal vs Dean Malenko match (looks pretty stupid having Kane/Mankind doing a million technical reversal). This just reminds me of the awful A.I from SvR 2011.....which they kinda fixed in WWE 12.

The only thing the CPU does is kick-out of every move @ a 1 count, reverse all my chain grapples, take the monitors off the announce table and do pullback attacks constantly.

Does it bother any of you guys that we can't reverse/counter grapples until we are in a hold? I keep on pressing RT right when I see a grapple coming and it's no use.

No it bothers me when I pay 80 quid for a game and then I keep getting errors on community creations.

My number one complaint with this game: the sound mix job. Just really bad. The WWE live in and of itself is fine because the crowd sounds a little more realistic than in the past(at least on my crappy tv speakers). But the mix is putrid. It is entirely too loud during some of the entrances. My custom music has been edited to maximum amplitude before clipping and it STILL seems to be drowned out at times. Then in the AE mode, some of the sound clips they used from the real life matches and promos were terribly undermixed. Whomever shows up on the credits for sound editor or mixer should be embarrassed that his name went on that. It is a problem I can live with, but man the IGN guy was totally right about this one.

i think this WWE Live thing is awful. The audio is a nightmare. It gets LOUD...then cuts out....or get super quiet. JR's voice cracks and sounds like he's going thru puberty every once in a while

I never get any chants. I think i've heard one. Lawler always either thinks I'm Bulldog, or performing a bulldog. JR says "block the chop"??? Instead of chop block.

Not to mention this crowd sound I keep hearing, that sounds like 2 alley-cats fighting

i think this WWE Live thing is awful. The audio is a nightmare. It gets LOUD...then cuts out....or get super quiet. JR's voice cracks and sounds like he's going thru puberty every once in a while

I never get any chants. I think i've heard one. Lawler always either thinks I'm Bulldog, or performing a bulldog. JR says "block the chop"??? Instead of chop block.

Not to mention this crowd sound I keep hearing, that sounds like 2 alley-cats fighting

It's just a bad mix job, and possibly really cheap and poorly used compression. The chants are not loud enough and are mixed in with the overmixed crowd noise. It would have been a lot better if they had been more careful with the sound editing.

Heeey!!! Waaaait!!! I've got a new complaaaint!!...lol

But yeah, I have a complaint.

I'm in the proces of trying to create another Andre The Giant for this year, and it pisses me off that we've been asking for them to step their game up with CAW models and atleast make it so that we can make believably fat people, and I also have a problem making Andre, where the taller you make someone, the less fat they can look. It's a disaster. lol. I mean, look at Big Show/Paul Wight and Khali's models...those are perfect, since they upgraded their "giant" ingame models a bit and they stand out in the ring alot more. Whereas, Andre had an overweight build AND was tall as hell, and it annoys that a game in 2012-13, after it's buyers calling them out for years and years and practically begging for the ability to make actual big guys and tall guys that don't look like shit, that they still look like shit in any and every way you try to tweek their body morphing.

The gameplay's pretty cool, albeit way too easy to just counter back and forth with someone, even the AI, for minutes at a time before anyone hits anything. lol. And the gameplay is still too boringly grapply and takes away from alot of the overall "innovative" feel they were trying to capture with this game. But I still like it....I'm having fun playing it for now, in what is still my first week of having this game..I just really don't see THQ as the future of WWE gaming. Not with the glitches and bugs, not with the same "reheated beans" yearly wrestling game presentations that look and feel the exact same but some new stuff thrown in there, even when the shit we've been on their asses about all year had gone unfixed and untouched until years after we stopped giving a shit...like when they finally added the Royal Rumble to online gameplay...lol, not with the below-par graphics when you look at it's competitors in the sports OR fighting game genre. I mean, let's face it, TNA iMPACT! sucked, but one thing they did have right was graphics that were 100x better and more accurate than the best YUKE's model this year. lol.

Sorry for that bit of venting. I love WWE 13 overall, mainly because WWE games are just my Madden and I always love the latest one, atleast for the first few months or so. But...Bryan [Williams] himself even acknowledged in an interview (I think several, actually) that the Creation aspect of their WWE games, particularly CAS, is a community of people that makes up a large part of their fanbase, of the people who buy their games....so the lack of evolution in the Mode really grinds my gears. You mean to tell me I can't make a believably huge Andre The f*cking Giant because you can't get your shit together enough to take care of business? :rolleyes:. It isn't about not being able to do it NOW, so don't dare try to throw all your 'time and cost' bullshit my way, because I know better. It's something people have been riding you about for years, and now, with in-game models looking the incredible way they look, the fact that such an oversight is gonna lead to a good-looking Andre CAW with a skinny-looking body that doesn't tower all that much over a ring full of Cruiserweights is just bogus, that's all. :fedup:

^^ I agree with 100%. Proper fat guy was something I thought we can actually get this year in CAW mode when they said that added new skeleton model to make guys like Big Show and Mark Henry as big as they really are. But no. Whole CAW mode isn't moving anywhere. I mean it's not enough that they give us new parts like hairstyles and underwear, also new body morph would have been nice. It's just funny how even Cory has said that the CAW mode is the most favorite feature in the game, but still it's getting less attention year after year. And don't say that adding transparency and color wheel for skins was an improvement, they shouldn't remove those in the first place!

If CAW mode isnt moving anywhere then we should be allowed to import previous years paint tools and creations. Its bull we cant.

I just dont get THQ sometimes considering Creations is the biggest thing in the game and they dont spend a huge amount of time on it.

can you guys just do everyone on here a favor and enjoy the game for what it is i mean people on here don't play perfect games they play the games just as they are imperfect now think about this what will happen if one day thq up and said no more wwe games or no more games at all what will you do then be thankful thq still have the rights to make wwe and other games because one of these days they may not have the rights to them any more

can you guys just do everyone on here a favor and enjoy the game for what it is i mean people on here don't play perfect games they play the games just as they are imperfect now think about this what will happen if one day thq up and said no more wwe games or no more games at all what will you do then be thankful thq still have the rights to make wwe and other games because one of these days they may not have the rights to them any more

This is a COMPLAINT thread so we are gonna Complain if you don't like it Don't post in this section

*censored*ing game freezes at random time. I was playing Royal Rumble in Universe Mode with my CAW, and every single *censored*ing time it froze that I had to skip it altogether. Every. Single. Time. Makes no *censored*ing sense. Even after about fourteen hours of no playing, it still froze.

In Universe Mode, I edited my CAW in to play against Triple H in Hell in a Cell, only changing the participant. After superkicking Triple H off the cage, the *censored*ing game froze for no *censored*in reason either. Restarted it, played without going outside, and there was no problem. BULLSHIT. WWEGames won't even reply to me on Twitter in regards to this.

Playing as my CAW, I can win all my matches two or three weeks in a row and my standing won't change. But lose one match and my spot/ranking for title contender goes down. What the hell?

Uhhhh just had a weird experience in a Hell In a Cell match I had. It was HHH vs Kevin Nash and at one point (Im HHH) I go to the top of the cell and Nash follows... then he climbs back down (Weird enough) But what REALLY bugged me was how he got down...(3:52)

ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO?!? NASH (of all quads) pretty much leaped 20 feet to the ground and is OK... Nash... of all people...

:facepalm:

AI never ever goes to the top turnbuckle for air moves its like they are scared shit of the top turnbuckle. I really miss wwe 12's AI they actually put up a fight last year instead of WWE 13 reversalmania.

Don't waste your time on the wwe games twitter. they never answer unless your a girl out of cory's league or a suck up.

Does it bother any of you guys that we can't reverse/counter grapples until we are in a hold? I keep on pressing RT right when I see a grapple coming and it's no use.

I've only been able to reverse the initial grapple maybe 3 times.

I played a match last night and I think reversed about 70% of initial grapples, it made the match a lot more enjoyable. If I can get the hang of reversing the game will be more fun. I don notice however as the match goes on the computer controlled opponent gets dumber, starts reversing less and attacking less. I'm actually thinking of buying back WWE '12 since I think the AI put up more of a fight.

In the end, WWE 13 suffers the same syndrome WWE 12 suffered. A decent game but horribly dragged down from the fact that it's obvious Daikatana was tested more than these games. The bugs are a major factor in what has been killing the series.

I've only been able to reverse the initial grapple maybe 3 times.

I played a match last night and I think reversed about 70% of initial grapples, it made the match a lot more enjoyable. If I can get the hang of reversing the game will be more fun. I don notice however as the match goes on the computer controlled opponent gets dumber, starts reversing less and attacking less. I'm actually thinking of buying back WWE '12 since I think the AI put up more of a fight.

I agree wwe12 AI did put up a fight I remember having great matches in that game.

The only problem I really have with the WWE 13 game is the online statistics resetting. It makes getting all the trophies/achievements impossible unless you want to play over 1000 online matches in one sitting. This is something that really needs patching up before Christmas.

Off topic, you're sig is freaking awesome Dazman.

Archived