Which online community will be more active?

KNekoSpy

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which online community will be more active?

• Xbox Live
    • PSN

I personally find the quality of online connection better on the 360, but as it's a paid for service you'd expect it to be decent. 360 version will run at full 1080p PS3 might otherwise it's 720p (bigger your TV the more you'd notice) Best thing about the PS3 being free means you can have multiple accounts and create/upload/download more caws. So there's positives and negatives to both formats, the easiest way to decide though is what formats will your friends buy it on, and do you want to play with them?

Ummmmmm there are very few, if any games that run at 1080p on the 360. Almost all 360 games are upconverted. Most PS3 games are the same way, and can also be upconverted to 1080p.

This stuffs my job mate, all 360 games run at 1080p PS3 only has its major titles at 1080p around 90% of the games run at 720p, check for yourself next time your in a store find 5 random multi-format games and compare the specs on the back. Also if you set up 2 60" TV's one with a 360 and one with a PS3 running the same game at the same time, you will notice a difference, the 360 version will looking brighter and sharper. That being said it doesn't make 360 better than PS3 it's just a noticeable difference if you have a large TV

Mostly what I'm concerned about is online content. I don't want to look for a CAW on one that's on the other, and I'm leaning towards the PS3 version if only because I don't have to pay for online, but if the online is worse...

As an owner of both systems I'll tell you that Xbox live is geared more towards social networking whereas psn is pretty basic, dull & plain. You don't have much freedom to express yourself. Xbox live you can view friendlists of friends, more people have mics, you have the option to give player reviews( you can choose to either prefer or avoid anybody for a number of reasons), you can't even send voice messages on psn(which is probably due to the fact that the system itself doesn't come equipped with a mic). The psn certainly has the upper hand when it comes to price since it's absolutely free of charge, & you may not have to deal with all the ridiculous hacks which may not even be an issue this year. The ps3 overall is a great system, my only gripe is that the psn service is not up to standard when it comes to being social. So if this is of any concern for you at all carries any weight towards your final decision then imo the 360 is definitely the way to go.

Mostly what I'm concerned about is online content. I don't want to look for a CAW on one that's on the other, and I'm leaning towards the PS3 version if only because I don't have to pay for online, but if the online is worse...

As an owner of both systems I'll tell you that Xbox live is geared more towards social networking whereas psn is pretty basic, dull & plain. You don't have much freedom to express yourself. Xbox live you can view friendlists of friends, more people have mics, you have the option to give player reviews( you can choose to either prefer or avoid anybody for a number of reasons), you can't even send voice messages on psn(which is probably due to the fact that the system itself doesn't come equipped with a mic). The psn certainly has the upper hand when it comes to price since it's absolutely free of charge, & you may not have to deal with all the ridiculous hacks which may not even be an issue this year. The ps3 overall is a great system, my only gripe is that the psn service is not up to standard when it comes to being social. So if this is of any concern for you at all carries any weight towards your final decision then imo the 360 is definitely the way to go.

Who wouldn't want an inbox full of ragequit hate messages from idiot online gamers? You talk of the social aspect of it, when let's face it, 80-85% of people playing online act like total "d*ckinthebootyasses"...ESPECIALLY these WWE games, where being on top of the leaderboard is so vital that people who do any underhanded tactic they can to get there.

Presuming there isn't any "modification" made to the 360 version, then you have two games with the same options, both gameplay and creativity wise. The only aspect then that's different between them then is the ones mentioned in the quoted text, of which I don't see as being an advantage at all. Every online interaction you have on this game isn't going to be against your buddies, unless you're specifically going to be playing Player Matches and not Ranked ones, and in that, you better be ready to dodge a whole lot of online BS from all the cheaters, trollers and crybabies.

At least with the PS3 you don't have to hear them afterwards.

Who wouldn't want an inbox full of ragequit hate messages from idiot online gamers? You talk of the social aspect of it, when let's face it, 80-85% of people playing online act like total "d*ckinthebootyasses"...ESPECIALLY these WWE games, where being on top of the leaderboard is so vital that people who do any underhanded tactic they can to get there.

Presuming there isn't any "modification" made to the 360 version, then you have two games with the same options, both gameplay and creativity wise. The only aspect then that's different between them then is the ones mentioned in the quoted text, of which I don't see as being an advantage at all. Every online interaction you have on this game isn't going to be against your buddies, unless you're specifically going to be playing Player Matches and not Ranked ones, and in that, you better be ready to dodge a whole lot of online BS from all the cheaters, trollers and crybabies.

Yeah I'll give you that, but just like witghnanything you gotta take the good with the bad right? At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference & what really matters to the individual.

As someone who sold their PS3 to go back to 360, the lackluster online features were a deal breaker. Sure there are the rage messages and such, but having previously been on 360 for years, that is a small part of the online experience. This isn't to say PS3 online will suck with 13, but if you desire a more social experience, PS3 really lets you down. Its well know that the Japanese don't put much emphasis on online as they don't think it will sell despite XBL being proof that people will pay. XBL Gold is overpriced, but the PS3 lacks in so many online areas that it makes gold worth paying for. I never thought i would miss gamer profiles until i saw just how much the PS3 lacked in that area.

I (with other store managers) sat at a 2 hour conference with Sony to explain to them why the Microsoft out perform them in digital sales, And this wasn't a XBL Gold members vs PSN+ members, but entirely based on digital games/add on sales, and they either didn't like what they heard or didn't understand it as the whole thing flew over their heads. For whatever reason the Xbox does better than the playstation does for most online aspects of gaming, of course you pay for live but the service is worth the fee. Other pros to an Xbox is slighly cheaper DLC as compared to PSN prices like £2.50 price increase on Xbox's £17.50 charge for EA season pass. Even with all that said, still the most important question should be "what version can I play my friends with?"

I (with other store managers) sat at a 2 hour conference with Sony to explain to them why the Microsoft out perform them in digital sales, And this wasn't a XBL Gold members vs PSN+ members, but entirely based on digital games/add on sales, and they either didn't like what they heard or didn't understand it as the whole thing flew over their heads. For whatever reason the Xbox does better than the playstation does for most online aspects of gaming, of course you pay for live but the service is worth the fee. Other pros to an Xbox is slighly cheaper DLC as compared to PSN prices like £2.50 price increase on Xbox's £17.50 charge for EA season pass. Even with all that said, still the most important question should be "what version can I play my friends with?"

Whats funny is i found PS+ to be a much better service than XBL, but the lack of features that promote interaction amongst your friends list and other gamers is astounding. If PS+ changed up just a few things; adding cross game chat, parties, add a gamer profile (as opposed to just your location and motto), i would have felt a lot better about staying with Sony. But overall it felt like the PS3 wasn't meant to have an online feature at all.

Whats funny is i found PS+ to be a much better service than XBL, but the lack of features that promote interaction amongst your friends list and other gamers is astounding. If PS+ changed up just a few things; adding cross game chat, parties, add a gamer profile (as opposed to just your location and motto), i would have felt a lot better about staying with Sony. But overall it felt like the PS3 wasn't meant to have an online feature at all.

Problem for Sony is they don't really understand the social connection of gaming that Microsoft has perfected. You're Xbox Live ID is linked to your youtube/facebook/twitter you can find your friends gamertags from these sites and link up. Sony offer the entire internet but by doing so, has lost the need to invent it's own variations of social apps. So they have no experience with it, and currently can't think of a direction they can go with it, without copying what's happening on the Xbox.

Archived